Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgetown, California, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Bath
Member #

If you're referring to the San Jose meetup, that's happening this Friday, March 16th.

As for re-occurring, I'm going to propose April 21, Saturday for the next one, but we'll be moving the venue to the Bass Pro SJ parking lot.
That's a good spot, although there is other auto enthusiasts in that lot on Friday night as well. just a heads up

Sent from my SM-N950U using OB Talk mobile app

ScorpioVI

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

San Jose, CA
Member #

That's a good spot, although there is other auto enthusiasts in that lot on Friday night as well. just a heads up

Is it the tuner kids? They tend to go from parking lot to parking lot depending on when the cops show up. I see them all the time at the Santa Teresa InO, the Cottle Target, and the Monterey Walmart.

There's also a German Shepherd group that gathers in that little green on Friday nights but I'm thinking of avoiding that little square altogether and putting the trucks clear on the other side of the parking lot over by Uncle Buck's.

Jasonb

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Jason
Last Name
Bath
Member #

Is it the tuner kids? They tend to go from parking lot to parking lot depending on when the cops show up. I see them all the time at the Santa Teresa InO, the Cottle Target, and the Monterey Walmart.

There's also a German Shepherd group that gathers in that little green on Friday nights but I'm thinking of avoiding that little square altogether and putting the trucks clear on the other side of the parking lot over by Uncle Buck's.
The ford focus group meets there and the dodge hell cat everything meets there as well. Also a pickup group has been gathering there as well but you are right, the tunes guys tend to float around

Fifty

Rank I

Traveler I

Norcal
Just kind of a side note, actually a total thread hijack...
there are a couple guys (3-4) with chevy Colorado’s that meet up every once in a while at the starbucks in pleasant hill (where the dome theatre used to be)

~8pm @ Pleasant Hill Starbucks 2370 Monument Blvd. Pleasant Hill
Pleasant Hill Starbucks

It would be awesome if anyone else that’s interested in some trips came down. We are all looking for motivation and trip partners for camping and trails.
It’s not every Friday but it is this Friday (16 March)

Reactions: jolagues

Rujack

Rank I

Traveler I

I’m up in the belly of the beast (Berkeley). I’d love to come down if I can make it happen. I didn’t read this whole thread but it looked like there was an emphasis on Land Rovers early on. Is this an general meet-up, or Land Rover specific?

Jasonb

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Jason
Last Name
Bath
Member #

Just kind of a side note, actually a total thread hijack...
there are a couple guys (3-4) with chevy Colorado’s that meet up every once in a while at the starbucks in pleasant hill (where the dome theatre used to be)

~8pm @ Pleasant Hill Starbucks 2370 Monument Blvd. Pleasant Hill
Pleasant Hill Starbucks

It would be awesome if anyone else that’s interested in some trips came down. We are all looking for motivation and trip partners for camping and trails.
It’s not every Friday but it is this Friday (16 March)
I'd like to think that since its an overland bound based meet up, its open to all rigs. I'll be there in my 4 runner

Fifty

Rank I

Traveler I

Norcal
I'd like to think that since its an overland bound based meet up, its open to all rigs. I'll be there in my 4 runner

Oh yeah, the Friday thing where the Colorado’s are, it’s open to anyone. I sometimes bring my 3 year old daughter. So yea, it’s a chill small group.
Recently re-put together. I guess it was common place a year or two ago, and faded out.
Some of us that are into camping etc are trying to get it back together, that way we can plan out trips etc etc etc

Rujack

Rank I

Traveler I

Oh yeah, the Friday thing where the Colorado’s are, it’s open to anyone. I sometimes bring my 3 year old daughter. So yea, it’s a chill small group.
Recently re-put together. I guess it was common place a year or two ago, and faded out.
Some of us that are into camping etc are trying to get it back together, that way we can plan out trips etc etc etc
Cool - I've got a three 1/2 y/o son. He might be a little too rowdy for this get together - he needs a lot of space to stay out of trouble, and so I don't have to constantly chase after him! Kid keeps me on my feet! But, he's old enough now to start coming on trips with me, without the wife (she's booked up months in advance so it's tough to get her to come along).

Fifty

Rank I

Traveler I

Norcal
I’m also looking for baby friendly and non baby friendly trips.

Having kids changes time frames... well everything.
Folks with out kids don’t get it.

I am going to try to leave my daughter with the wife Friday so I can have time alone. I’m a stay at home dad. I need my peace sometimes

Reactions: ScorpioVI

ScorpioVI

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

San Jose, CA
Member #

I’m up in the belly of the beast (Berkeley). I’d love to come down if I can make it happen. I didn’t read this whole thread but it looked like there was an emphasis on Land Rovers early on. Is this an general meet-up, or Land Rover specific?
If you're referring to the San Jose 3/16 meet, it's open to all makes and species. From the folks that are confirmed we seem to be a little heavy on Toyotas but don't let that scare you off, we may not be as nice as Honda people but only about half of us are actual serial-killers, just stay away from the guys with shovels mounted on their rigs.

p.s. I'll have Krispy Kreme donuts for the first 2 dozen folks...

Reactions: Jasonb

Jasonb

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Jason
Last Name
Bath
Member #

If you're referring to the San Jose 3/16 meet, it's open to all makes and species. From the folks that are confirmed we seem to be a little heavy on Toyotas but don't let that scare you off, we may not be as nice as Honda people but only about half of us are actual serial-killers, just stay away from the guys with shovels mounted on their rigs.

p.s. I'll have Krispy Kreme donuts for the first 2 dozen folks...
Just wondering, should we put up a post ( if one does not exist) on the OB west Facebook page?