Nor Cal - Casual Meet Up?

• HTML tutorial

CABill

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

California
Member #

All, how was the meet and greet? I had every intention of going but didn't want to give you all the flu. Just feeling good enough to log in after a week. Anyone going to Expo West? Caravan to Flagstaff?

Gary_Tsang

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Los Gatos, CA, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Tsang
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI6RHD
All, how was the meet and greet? I had every intention of going but didn't want to give you all the flu. Just feeling good enough to log in after a week. Anyone going to Expo West? Caravan to Flagstaff?
Hey Bill! I'm planning to go to Expo West, was just talking about it with Brenton and Eric when we met last week. I'm planning to just fly to Vegas and rent a car and drive there (I have a condo in Henderson) you are welcome to join if interested.

Gary

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

CABill

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

California
Member #

Hey Bill! I'm planning to go to Expo West, was just talking about it with Brenton and Eric when we met last week. I'm planning to just fly to Vegas and rent a car and drive there (I have a condo in Henderson) you are welcome to join if interested.

Gary

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Gary, I'm going to drive my rig out there and camp. Maybe meet up in Vegas. Haven't really looked at my route yet but through vegas might work.

Reactions: Gary_Tsang

SAC-CA-Runner

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Dublin, CA
Member #

Has there been a meetup in the South Bay yet? I may be up for that.
I have actually been thinking of planning one on in Capitola at Sante Adairius Rustic Ales for a while (maybe 3/3?). Take over their parking lot(s) before they open. And I think on Saturdays Aptos BBQ delivers there. Great beer and BBQ...and rigs. Dog and kid friendly too so can't go wrong. Not sure how many Bay Area people would make the trek but would be fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: ScorpioVI

infennonlabs

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

I have actually been thinking of planning one on in Capitola at Sante Adairius Rustic Ales for a while (maybe 2/3?). Take over their parking lot(s) before they open. And I think on Saturdays Aptos BBQ delivers there. Great beer and BBQ...and rigs. Dog and kid friendly too so can't go wrong. Not sure how many Bay Area people would make the trek but would be fun.
That place is great. Assuming you meant 3/2?

Sent from my Nexus 9 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: SAC-CA-Runner

SAC-CA-Runner

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Dublin, CA
Member #

That place is great. Assuming you meant 3/2?

Sent from my Nexus 9 using OB Talk mobile app
Ooops! Ugh...OK, 3/3! I was looking at February and here we are halfway thru. Better change my post. But yes SARA is great. Their Santa Cruz location is good too, but the Capitola place is more private if there early before beer dorks like me show up. HAHA

Reactions: infennonlabs

WheelMe

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Soquel, California, USA
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Hung
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6AJR
I live in Aptos, but because I don't drink, had no idea that there's a brewery there.

I'd like to suggest rotating monthly (or any other interval) meeting locations so that everyone in the Bay Area can participate (a car club that I belong to does this) ... e.g., North Bay, East Bay, Peninsula, South Bay, etc. It'd be fun also to plan a short run into these meetups... for example, East Bay/Frank Raines, South Bay/Hollister Hills... you get the drift. In November, we could organize a ALL-NORCAL event to wrap things up for the year :-). Could be fun and helps build camaraderie.

infennonlabs

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

I live in Aptos, but because I don't drink, had no idea that there's a brewery there.

I'd like to suggest rotating monthly (or any other interval) meeting locations so that everyone in the Bay Area can participate (a car club that I belong to does this) ... e.g., North Bay, East Bay, Peninsula, South Bay, etc. It'd be fun also to plan a short run into these meetups... for example, East Bay/Frank Raines, South Bay/Hollister Hills... you get the drift. In November, we could organize a ALL-NORCAL event to wrap things up for the year :-). Could be fun and helps build camaraderie.
It's a big time brewery in the craft scene. I'm down for this plan.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using OB Talk mobile app

jcline

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Rafael, CA
Member #

Once I get my agenda down, I will post it. Will probably take 3 day route out to Flagstaff but depends on what others agenda items pop up. As event comes closer, I'll let you know.
Perhaps we need a thread for nor cal expo planning specificly. Buddy and I are both in but we don't have a plan yet. It would be great to know what people are up to.

Sent from my Pixel using OB Talk mobile app

ScorpioVI

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

San Jose, CA
Member #

I'd be down for the Capitola meet.

We should do one for San Jose too. Anybody ever do an SJ meet before? Maybe a weeknight meet at The Plant (empty parkings lots, good variety of restaurants/coffee shops).