Nor Cal - Casual Meet Up?

• HTML tutorial

xTyx

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Francisco
Member #

Im down for a San Jose meetup. Meetup rotations sound good to me too. I was about to suggest a meetup there since we've done berkley and San Mateo already.

Reactions: Gary_Tsang

Gary_Tsang

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Los Gatos, CA, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Tsang
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI6RHD
I'd be down for the Capitola meet.

We should do one for San Jose too. Anybody ever do an SJ meet before? Maybe a weeknight meet at The Plant (empty parkings lots, good variety of restaurants/coffee shops).
I'm down for the Plant any day. I live in Campbell and work in Santa Clara.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ScorpioVI

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

San Jose, CA
Member #

So 3/3 in Capitola? What time?

I'm going to propose 3/16 for San Jose/The Plant? Friday night say 7PM to whatever. I know Friday nights are tough but it's probably easier to have people have a short get-together on a Friday night and leave them free to go wheeling/camping over Sat/Sun.

elromero3

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Hayward, Ca
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Romero
Member #

Is anyone close to the brewery to check it out and talk to management? I could call to see what they say. But I would be asking about Saturday since I couldn’t do Friday. I’ll call tomorrow and let you guys know. If anyone else would like to try even better. More requests would probably look better for us

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Is anyone close to the brewery to check it out and talk to management? I could call to see what they say. But I would be asking about Saturday since I couldn’t do Friday. I’ll call tomorrow and let you guys know. If anyone else would like to try even better. More requests would probably look better for us

So is this meet up happening? Where/when?

elromero3

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Hayward, Ca
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Romero
Member #

I don’t know. I wasn’t able to get a hold of anyone. I can’t go either. Maybe we’ll plan for another weekend

xTyx

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Francisco
Member #

So looks like there was confusion with the meetups this month since there were 2 diff days/times suggested. I myself cannot make any meetings during the weekdays. I myself preferred the monthly saturday morning meetups.

ScorpioVI

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

San Jose, CA
Member #

Sorry guys, had a bad case of the cold that kicked my ass over the last week.

I'm just going to throw this out here. If you can make it, cool, otherwise we'll catch you at the next one.

What? Meet-up, eat-up, drink-up.

When? Friday, March 16, 7:00PM - 10:00PM (or when security kicks us out)

Where? The Plant Shopping Center, 1 Curtner Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125 The parking lot at the end of Babies R' Us is typically empty. Let's meet there, see map.

Why? 'Murica

How? I would recommend driving there. Park at the end of the lot where you see the other cool rigs, failing that, park away from all the other people that don't know how to park (the parking lot where the restaurants are is pretty much cancer and AIDs, avoid at all costs). Walk over to whichever restaurant/drink establishment you prefer (see list below), grab whatever you need to sustain you, then walk back to our designated meetup spot and BS the night away. Alternatively, meet people and BS first, decide to eat as a group later.

Places to eat/drink:

Five Guys
Jamba Juice
Panda Express
L&L Hawaiian
El Pollo Loco
McDonalds
Rubio's
Panera Bread
Starbucks
Straw Hat Pizza

There is only one rule. DBAA

Bonus content. Not sure on the logistics on this yet, but if you are an "enthusiast of the 2nd Amendment" I have access to a small indoor firing range about a 5-minute drive away from The Plant. We can mosey over there after public hours closes (9:30PM) and put some rounds downrange at the conclusion of the meet-up.

Reactions: FJ Hulk

Chris M.

Rank 0

Traveler I

Nv.
Sorry guys, had a bad case of the cold that kicked my ass over the last week.

I'm just going to throw this out here. If you can make it, cool, otherwise we'll catch you at the next one.

What? Meet-up, eat-up, drink-up.

When? Friday, March 16, 7:00PM - 10:00PM (or when security kicks us out)

Where? The Plant Shopping Center, 1 Curtner Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125 The parking lot at the end of Babies R' Us is typically empty. Let's meet there, see map.

Why? 'Murica

How? I would recommend driving there. Park at the end of the lot where you see the other cool rigs, failing that, park away from all the other people that don't know how to park (the parking lot where the restaurants are is pretty much cancer and AIDs, avoid at all costs). Walk over to whichever restaurant/drink establishment you prefer (see list below), grab whatever you need to sustain you, then walk back to our designated meetup spot and BS the night away. Alternatively, meet people and BS first, decide to eat as a group later.

Places to eat/drink:

Five Guys
Jamba Juice
Panda Express
L&L Hawaiian
El Pollo Loco
McDonalds
Rubio's
Panera Bread
Starbucks
Straw Hat Pizza

There is only one rule. DBAA

Bonus content. Not sure on the logistics on this yet, but if you are an "enthusiast of the 2nd Amendment" I have access to a small indoor firing range about a 5-minute drive away from The Plant. We can mosey over there after public hours closes (9:30PM) and put some rounds downrange at the conclusion of the meet-up.
count me in

CalTexMex

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Fremont, Ca
Member #

This sounds pretty champola, gonna try to make it out. Does the range allow shotgunnnies? Been wanting to pump out a few rounds.

ScorpioVI

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

San Jose, CA
Member #

This sounds pretty champola, gonna try to make it out. Does the range allow shotgunnnies? Been wanting to pump out a few rounds.
Shotguns welcome but no slugs please. Handguns from .22 to .45 are welcome but no +p or Magnum loads. Rifles limited to .22 only.

I’m an NRA-certified RSO and a regular rangemaster at this range. Going to run this like any other public-hour session.

Reactions: Crispy