Nissan Xterra 4X4 Overland Build (Codename : Tigger)

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

Dusther210

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Palisades Park, NJ 07650
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham Callsign
KD2UNH
I got the 100$ headers that have been working without issue for the last few years, after that I have Walker pipes for the 1999 Frontier running to a Walker quiet flow muffler. I love the way the truck sounds, no cats, no CEL and no angry neighbours lol
What are these $100 headers you speak of? I'm curious.
Performance Exhaust Manifold Headers Fits Nissan Frontier Pathfinder 98-04 V6
Enjoy :)

Dusther210

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Palisades Park, NJ 07650
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham Callsign
KD2UNH
Performance Exhaust Manifold Headers Fits Nissan Frontier Pathfinder 98-04 V6
Enjoy :)
Oh man. I may have to look into this. Will save me from having to spend additional money on a catalytic converter down the road.
I’ve heard complaints of them cracking after a short time. Not an issue I experienced personally. I did open the bolt holes in the flanges a little and if you have to force exhaust components into position there’s something wrong so yea... a few years of abuse... no cracks or leaks and the truck sounds... I might have to make a video of it... I’m very happy with the sound...especially with my snorkel and my window opened a bit in a tunnel

reaver

Rank IV

Member I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

I’ve heard complaints of them cracking after a short time. Not an issue I experienced personally. I did open the bolt holes in the flanges a little and if you have to force exhaust components into position there’s something wrong so yea... a few years of abuse... no cracks or leaks and the truck sounds... I might have to make a video of it... I’m very happy with the sound...especially with my snorkel and my window opened a bit in a tunnel
I'm hoping I can scrounge up enough money to get a snorkel this year. I want to buy a good one. The hard part's going to be sealing the airbox. I've not found alot of information on that one.

Reactions: Dusther210

Dusther210

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Palisades Park, NJ 07650
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham Callsign
KD2UNH
I'm hoping I can scrounge up enough money to get a snorkel this year. I want to buy a good one. The hard part's going to be sealing the airbox. I've not found alot of information on that one.
I got the eBay one. Does not fit the V6 ...Some PVC pipe and end caps made it work well (see pic). I think for my wife’s xterra she will probably end up buying a name brand one if such a thing exists but the eBay one works with some creativity

Attachments

reaver

Rank IV

Member I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

I got the eBay one. Does not fit the V6 ...Some PVC pipe and end caps made it work well (see pic). I think for my wife’s xterra she will probably end up buying a name brand one if such a thing exists but the eBay one works with some creativity
I think I'll probably go with a dobinsons when I do get one.

Dusther210

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Palisades Park, NJ 07650
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham Callsign
KD2UNH
I think I'll probably go with a dobinsons when I do get one.

This one? I couldn’t find one for the V6. Could you share a link for one so I can share with my wife for her xterra

reaver

Rank IV

Member I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

That's the one. It's my understanding that it fits the vg33e just fine, but I've not done too much research on it yet, since I don't have the money to buy it. I need skids and new tires before I even think about a snorkel.

Dusther210

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Palisades Park, NJ 07650
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham Callsign
KD2UNH
That's the one. It's my understanding that it fits the vg33e just fine, but I've not done too much research on it yet, since I don't have the money to buy it. I need skids and new tires before I even think about a snorkel.
Someone on the internet said the eBay one fit too lol. I hope the dobinsons does actually fit though.

Schrockworks skids were the first things I put on the truck

Reactions: reaver

reaver

Rank IV

Member I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Someone on the internet said the eBay one fit too lol. I hope the dobinsons does actually fit though.

Schrockworks skids were the first things I put on the truck
I still don't have skids yet. The nice thing is, with the way the X is designed, everything is tucked up between the frame rails, so I'm not overly worried about hitting anything at the moment, but I'm not doing anything too rocky at this point. Not usually, anyways.

ryno9562

Rank III

Traveler III

Cayce, SC, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Heath
Member #

I really like the Doug Thorley headers and with tax return coming soon I'll have the extra money to spend on them. Ialso just discovered yesterday that my steering gear box is leaking from the pitman shaft seal so guess what i'm replacing soon! GRRR! I could get a rebuild kit for $15 but everything else under there is brand new so just going to get a remanufactured gearbox and pump and replace the lines. This is my daily driver so it MUST be reliable.

Last edited:

ryno9562

Rank III

Traveler III

Cayce, SC, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Heath
Member #

I finished building my drawer system. I haven't painted it yet (been too cold), but I'm very happy with how it turned out.

There's some things you can't see in these pictures. There's a faucet behind the passenger tail light. All my electrical is underneath a hinged door, and behind the drawers, up against the seats. I have 5 more relays for lights, and one more switch open on the panel on the right side of the drawers that I'm not sure what to do with. I'll also probably replace the USB ports on the panels with USB 3 ports.
Do you have any idea the weight of it? Is that 3/4 pine for the sides and drawer fronts? are those locking slides?

reaver

Rank IV

Member I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Weight honestly isn't bad. I can pick the whole thing up without too much effort if it's unloaded. Drawer sides and vertical supports for the platform are from a 1x8, so yeah, it should be about 3/4in. Top of the platform is 1/2in plywood. With the middle support, 1/2in barely flexes even with me on it, so it should be totally fine. Slides are not locking (I didn't want to pay that much). The slides I bought were $40 each, and hold 250lbs. A couple of barrel latches keep the from opening.

Reactions: ryno9562

ryno9562

Rank III

Traveler III

Cayce, SC, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Heath
Member #

Weight honestly isn't bad. I can pick the whole thing up without too much effort if it's unloaded. Drawer sides and vertical supports for the platform are from a 1x8, so yeah, it should be about 3/4in. Top of the platform is 1/2in plywood. With the middle support, 1/2in barely flexes even with me on it, so it should be totally fine. Slides are not locking (I didn't want to pay that much). The slides I bought were $40 each, and hold 250lbs. A couple of barrel latches keep the from opening.
How do you keep them from closing when you want them to stay open