Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Zürich, Switzerland
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Roos
Member #

Finally the first one to welcome you from germany... Schöne Grüße aus Hessen!
Muss mir den Rest noch durchlesen aber wollte mal hallo sagen!

@CCHeath : as an addition to the very good explanations by Fyris, offroad in most central countries is really difficult, only the Netherlands and Poland officially allowes you to go offroad were its not prohibited by roadsing. If you go further south to the Balkan area and even farther everything starts to become more and more easy and the amount of gravel roads raises rapidly.
As far as I know the G wagon isn't public available since 2016, the professionals were the last rugged variants to be sold.
If there are any questions don't hesitate to ask, most of the European members will be glad to talk about everything here.

@Fyris it's very noticeable your working in the automotive business, your explanations are great I'm also working in this business.

Mfg Mathias
Danke für die Grüße und das Kompliment :)

Regarding the rugged vehicles, well it's kind of sad with the G-Wagon however it was already pretty expensive - even as a used vehicle
But, I just read at two importer webpages for Landcruiser J7 Series, they will actually introduce the VDJ Series with the V8 turbo diesel emission legal here - so that's a fair compromise on rugged vehicles for me haha
At this point, I really have to say that youtuber Ronny Dahl and his VDJ79R inspired and amazed me to start overlanding. That truck is just awesome and that guy makes quality and informative videos. Just wanted to credit that to him -check him out

Reactions: MazeVX

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

Danke für die Grüße und das Kompliment :)

Regarding the rugged vehicles, well it's kind of sad with the G-Wagon however it was already pretty expensive - even as a used vehicle
But, I just read at two importer webpages for Landcruiser J7 Series, they will actually introduce the VDJ Series with the V8 turbo diesel emission legal here - so that's a fair compromise on rugged vehicles for me haha
At this point, I really have to say that youtuber Ronny Dahl and his VDJ79R inspired and amazed me to start overlanding. That truck is just awesome and that guy makes quality and informative videos. Just wanted to credit that to him -check him out
I can't agree more with you!
I wanted a Toyota J76 but just couldn't afford it, same as every other J7 series... Came out with the wrangler and I'm happy with it.
Ronny Dahl is a inspiring guy, I really like the fact that he is constantly calling for awareness to vehicle maintenance, in fact this is the number one for every vehicle to be a reliable and safe travel buddy.