NEW, NEED HELP!!

• HTML tutorial

What lift/suspension “kit” should I get?

• BDS/Zone Offroad 5.5” w/ Fox Coilovers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eibach 2.5” w/ Fox Coilovers

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

K9Compatible

Rank 0

Traveler I

I DO NOT KNOW.... I have a 2017 Chevy Colorado v6 4x4 Long Bed Crew Cab. She’s a great truck, but I wanna make her an OverLanding rig. Big question on suspensions... this being a daily driver as well, what should I do for my suspension without going long travel (not good daily driver)? What should I do? I hear BDS is a great quality brand, but is that a drop bracket suspension? I’m not sure... I’ve heard there not very good for off-roading, but I’ve heard the opposite. I prefer a 3 in lift, but the 5.5 is probably as high as I’d like. I need to know what is best and most practical for our use. So, i’ve come to the professionals for help! Thank you.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Have you done any trips with the truck in the current configuration? The suspension on those stock is actually pretty good and I think you can fit a pretty dang big tire in there without the lift. The tire size is what will give you better clearance. The lift will give you more travel and more room for the bigger tire. I would run the biggest tire I could in that truck without the suspension lift (will maintain good daily driver status and get you some ground clearance) and decide if I really need the 3 inch lift short term. Your lift and the type of suspension you get is also going to depend greatly on what you are doing with the truck. The more aggressive the suspension, the worse the DD will be.

What have you done to the truck so far? How much weight is in there when loaded down (the colorado long bed is designed to hold a bigger load so I don't think you will overload that suspension any time soon). What type of offroading are you doing? You rock crawling? Fire Roads? Somewhere in between?

You will hear a lot of varied advice on this. A lot that will agree with me and a lot that will disagree. We can help you figure it out for sure. But we need a lot of details of what you are doing with the truck and what you want to do with the truck.

Welcome BTW, Danan Coleman is your regional Ambassador and you can hit him up for anything too. We are glad you are hear and look forward to seeing what you do with your new truck both in the garage and on the trail!

Reactions: H3Coyote and Road

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

I DO NOT KNOW.... I have a 2017 Chevy Colorado v6 4x4 Long Bed Crew Cab. She’s a great truck, but I wanna make her an OverLanding rig. Big question on suspensions... this being a daily driver as well, what should I do for my suspension without going long travel (not good daily driver)? What should I do? I hear BDS is a great quality brand, but is that a drop bracket suspension? I’m not sure... I’ve heard there not very good for off-roading, but I’ve heard the opposite. I prefer a 3 in lift, but the 5.5 is probably as high as I’d like. I need to know what is best and most practical for our use. So, i’ve come to the professionals for help! Thank you.
Hello K0Compatible and welcome to OB! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!