Launch Member

Member I

Cloudcroft, NM, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Horton
Member #

Right but theirs always Colorado for over the counter tags an not that far away I just moved up here not long ago an have been hitting as many trails as I can all over the state just seeing all I can we need to get a group together an go hit some places up

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Right but theirs always Colorado for over the counter tags an not that far away I just moved up here not long ago an have been hitting as many trails as I can all over the state just seeing all I can we need to get a group together an go hit some places up
I agree, needs a little planning. Good group out of Albuquerque to tie up with.

Reactions: Matt337

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
We definitely should plan something if nothing else just a meet an greet
Well there is you (it seems there are 2 of you in CC), the guy in Alamogordo who has A couple of friends, two out of El Paso, and me. That would give us at least 5 and possibly 8 from about a radius of 200 miles. We could meet somewhere in the middle which would be somewhere close to the Oragan state park near white sands, or Caballo Dam state park ?? Maybe the others will tune in and make a suggestion.

Reactions: Shamu and Matt337

Matt337

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Cloudcroft, NM, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Horton
Member #

Well there is you (it seems there are 2 of you in CC), the guy in Alamogordo who has A couple of friends, two out of El Paso, and me. That would give us at least 5 and possibly 8 from about a radius of 200 miles. We could meet somewhere in the middle which would be somewhere close to the Oragan state park near white sands, or Caballo Dam state park ?? Maybe the others will tune in and make a suggestion.
That sounds great hopefully the others will chime in an maybe we can get something going I’m new to all this an it be nice to see everyone’s rigs an setup ideas

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
We definitely should plan something if nothing else just a meet an greet
This might be a good central location for a meet up for all of us in this area centered around Las Cruces NM within a 100-125 mile radious.

Reactions: Shamu and Matt337

Raderrods

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Cloudcroft, NM
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Weikel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5VIN
I am game for a meet up, but have been going back & forth to Austin lately because my MIL has been ill and my better half is there taking care of her. Let's come up with date and location, Cruses is good with me.

Matt337

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Cloudcroft, NM, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Horton
Member #

Maybe
I am game for a meet up, but have been going back & forth to Austin lately because my MIL has been ill and my better half is there taking care of her. Let's come up with date and location, Cruses is good with me.
maybe this weekend if that’s ok with everyone else an I’m fine with cruses

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Were sure not getting a whole lot of responses are we lol
I'm hoping they are just busy right now. I don't see then a lot on the forums but when I talked to the El Paso and Alamogordo guys recently they said they were ready. So we shall see.

Quest4ADV

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Corrales, NM
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Montero
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5JWS
Just an FYI,

A few of us from ABQ area are going to do sections 7 and 6 of the NMBDR on the weekend of 10/18-10/20 if anyone is interested in joining up.

Here's an overview of the plan:

320 miles of the NMBDR starting near Antonito CO and ending in Grants NM over the weekend of 10/18-10/20

See site for more info and maps. Also GPS track downloads. https://ridebdr.com/nmbdr/

We'll be doing sections 7 and 6 of the NMBDR, 4x4 high clearance vehicle required, or an dual sport bike if you prefer that mode of transportation.

As of right now, the plan is to head up to Antonito around noon on Friday, it's a three + hour drive, gas and stock up as needed. Hit the trail and find a place to camp. Saturday will be spent navigating the back roads of Northern NM, find an place to camp for the night, and get up and finish the trail on Sunday in Grants then head home.

You'll be expected to be prepared and self sustained and have your own maps and GPS tracks as needed for the trip. You can order a really nice printed map from the website above.

Having said all that, I'm really flexible and as we get closer, we can see if the timeline works out depending on weather and other occurrences. I have not driven any of the route North of Cuba so I'm not sure exactly what to expect, but I hear it's incredible!

Matt337

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Cloudcroft, NM, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Horton
Member #

Just an FYI,

A few of us from ABQ area are going to do sections 7 and 6 of the NMBDR on the weekend of 10/18-10/20 if anyone is interested in joining up.

320 miles of the NMBDR starting near Antonito CO and ending in Grants NM over the weekend of 10/18-10/20

See site for more info and maps. Also GPS track downloads. https://ridebdr.com/nmbdr/

We'll be doing sections 7 and 6 of the NMBDR, 4x4 high clearance vehicle required, or an dual sport bike if you prefer that mode of transportation.

As of right now, the plan is to head up to Antonito around noon on Friday, it's a three + hour drive, gas and stock up as needed. Hit the trail and find a place to camp. Saturday will be spent navigating the back roads of Northern NM, find an place to camp for the night, and get up and finish the trail on Sunday in Grants then head home.

You'll be expected to be prepared and self sustained and have your own maps and GPS tracks as needed for the trip. You can order a really nice printed map from the website above.

Having said all that, I'm really flexible and as we get closer, we can see if the timeline works out depending on weather and other occurrences. I have not driven any of the route North of Cuba so I'm not sure exactly what to expect, but I hear it's incredible!
I’d definitely be interested in going but work that weekend unfortunately but if y’all do stuff like this regularly keep me in mind sir

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Just an FYI,

I cant say for sure right now but if my rig is ready (a lot to do) I wanna do dat. Rather long trip for me because I have to drive clear up to the top of the state and all the way back down to the bottom.

Matt337

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Cloudcroft, NM, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Horton
Member #

I cant say for sure right now but if my rig is ready (a lot to do) I wanna do dat. Rather long trip for me because I have to drive clear up to the top of the state and all the way back down to the bottom.
I’m gonna see about putting in vacation it looks like a pretty great trip an I’d be doing the same thing lol

Reactions: Quest4ADV

Quest4ADV

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Corrales, NM
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Montero
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5JWS

Cheer up, when we do the lower sections you'll be closer and we'll be farther away :)

I plan on doing the rest of it in stages over the Winter if weather permits or next Spring.