Launch Member

Contributor III

Colorado
First Name
Austin
Last Name
Dale
Member #

Hey all! My name is Austin, I am pretty new to real off roading but not new to camping and being outside. I grew up hunting, fishing, hiking, and camping with my Dad. Since I moved out I have only been hunting a handful of times, fishing even fewer than that, and camping 3 times. I kept finding a reason why I couldn't make it out but now I've decided to find any way possible to make time! I am from Florida originally, moved to Michigan (which is the state to which I claim) when I was 13, then about 20 seconds after i graduated high school I joined the Army as an EOD tech. I've been in Colorado for 3 years now and am really starting to realize how much I've missed out on in this great state. Miss out no longer though! I look forward to being actively engaged on this forum and getting to know and learn from all of you!

My rig how it sits. I don't have any photos of it right now but I'm sure I'll get around to them soon.
-2002 Chevy Blazer ZR2
-2013 5.3 LS swapped with roughly 80K miles on the motor
-4L60E transmission that I just rebuilt 2 weeks ago
-Suspension is stock running 31s
-Homemade (not by me) steel front bumper with 2in receiver and a stinger and 2in square light pods
-Stock rear bumper
-Hitch

My checklist that I still really want to do to my rig
-Build roof rack
-Build rock sliders
-Build rear bumper with integrated hitch to better my departure angle
-Outfit sleeping setup inside the rig
-Just enough of a lift (sus/body combination) to fit 33s
-Waaayy down the road I want to SAS it. But lets see how committed I stay to this whole overlanding thing first eh? haha.

TheDaleLlama

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Colorado
First Name
Austin
Last Name
Dale
Member #

Sounds like an awesome truck! Would love to see pics of the swap!
I picked it up after the motor was in and just buttoned up the project and rebuilt the trans. I will ask and see if the guy who started the build has photos.