New guy from Colorado....

• HTML tutorial

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello from Northern Colorado! I'm new to the site and really looking forward to being a part of the adventure!
I'm running a 97 Landcruiser and love getting deep into the backcountry with it!View attachment 131055
Hello Jay and welcome to the OB crew....great looking Toy. Look forward to seeing your build and your adventures. I see you're hanging around looking for a close encounter of the overlanding kind.

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

gungriffin

Rank 0

Contributor I

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
K
I am in Denver. Rising Sun is one of the biggest Toyota off roading clubs in the country and is in Denver. They organize at least a day run a month. There are frequently single/multi night runs that you could join as well. You might look into coming out for Cruise Moab in the Spring. Your 80 looks mighty nice too!

gungriffin

Rank 0

Contributor I

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
K
They also have a forum, but I am unsure about rules with posting links to other forums. It is no where near as active as this forum, but it can be a good place to post if you need help with something locally.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hi Spooner, welcome. Back when I was first starting to Overland by myself, no adult, my navigator’s nick name was “Spoon”. We collected spoons from all the truck stops and gift shops we found a long the way. In the matter of 2 years, he had over 300 spoons from just Oregon alone.

spooner

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Laporte, CO, USA
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Weatherspoon
Member #

Hi Spooner, welcome. Back when I was first starting to Overland by myself, no adult, my navigator’s nick name was “Spoon”. We collected spoons from all the truck stops and gift shops we found a long the way. In the matter of 2 years, he had over 300 spoons from just Oregon alone.
Thanks for the welcome!
Yeah, Spooner is my nickname from the fire service....its stuck with me all these years! Have a great day!!

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Welcome, @spooner!

We have a meeting on the 21st, but it's probably farther than you'd want to go as it's in Springs.

We could really use someone to help coordinate some events in your area if any of you guys are interested. Also, we've got a few trips on the calendar for next year. Check the Rally Point pull down or the link in my signature.

spooner

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Laporte, CO, USA
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Weatherspoon
Member #

Welcome, @spooner!

We have a meeting on the 21st, but it's probably farther than you'd want to go as it's in Springs.

We could really use someone to help coordinate some events in your area if any of you guys are interested. Also, we've got a few trips on the calendar for next year. Check the Rally Point pull down or the link in my signature.
Excellent! I get down to the Springs for training occasionally....I'm always up for a roadtrip.
I won't be back in the States for a bit, but I'll keep an eye on the calendar for sure!

Reactions: Neal A. Tew