Nemo tunnel, Tennessee

• HTML tutorial

Zachgreen36

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Lafayette, TN, USA
Member #

This looks awesome! I saw a random video of some UrbEx people going to Nemo Tunnel. I would really like to check it out. Do you have any trail maps or waypoints to put me on the right track?
I can probably get you the gps coordinates.....I also have a YouTube channel I post the video on my channel. Look up "redline garage" you will see a red headed bearded guy "that's me" lol feel free. To subscribe as I will be putting more videos of other rides we have coming up

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Jefferson County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

I can probably get you the gps coordinates.....I also have a YouTube channel I post the video on my channel. Look up "redline garage" you will see a red headed bearded guy "that's me" lol feel free. To subscribe as I will be putting more videos of other rides we have coming up
I'm pretty sure I watched at least part of it well before I even joined OB. I was looking for leads on trails I could plan a trip to. Y'all have some awesome trails there! I just haven't been able to commit because so many of these videos are with Jeeps. My rig is no slouch. It's a Subie with a 2" lift and 30's, awesome AWD, and an amazing, unacknowledged by the wider community off-road mode called "X-Mode." I have like 14" of ground clearance, but I don't have the attack angle that Jeeps have. It does have a 3.6 boxer motor that puts out pretty close to the horsepower and torque of the stock Jeeps but the Subie peeks at a lower RPM because it's a boxer-6 instead of a V6.
I'm hesitant to drive the 3½ hours up there just to end up stuck or unable to find anything because I don't have any trail buddies near me. That's why I joined OB.
If you guys are planning any upcoming outings and don't mind a plucky Subie tagging along behind y'alls Jeeps let me know and I'll make the trip!

I just subscribed to your channel though. Also, in your video "Offroading with some buddies" I noticed your seat belt alarm going off non-stop. You should go to the junkyard and find a jeep and slash the seat belt on it and take the metal clasp part. When you're trail riding without a belt on you can stick that thing in and the alarm will shut up!

Reactions: Zachgreen36

Zachgreen36

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Lafayette, TN, USA
Member #

I'm pretty sure I watched at least part of it well before I even joined OB. I was looking for leads on trails I could plan a trip to. Y'all have some awesome trails there! I just haven't been able to commit because so many of these videos are with Jeeps. My rig is no slouch. It's a Subie with a 2" lift and 30's, awesome AWD, and an amazing, unacknowledged by the wider community off-road mode called "X-Mode." I have like 14" of ground clearance, but I don't have the attack angle that Jeeps have. It does have a 3.6 boxer motor that puts out pretty close to the horsepower and torque of the stock Jeeps but the Subie peeks at a lower RPM because it's a boxer-6 instead of a V6.
I'm hesitant to drive the 3½ hours up there just to end up stuck or unable to find anything because I don't have any trail buddies near me. That's why I joined OB.
If you guys are planning any upcoming outings and don't mind a plucky Subie tagging along behind y'alls Jeeps let me know and I'll make the trip!

I just subscribed to your channel though. Also, in your video "Offroading with some buddies" I noticed your seat belt alarm going off non-stop. You should go to the junkyard and find a jeep and slash the seat belt on it and take the metal clasp part. When you're trail riding without a belt on you can stick that thing in and the alarm will shut up!
Didn't think of that thanks. And also.my Jeep club i ride with is called " OFFROAD JEEP SYNDICATE" they have a public page on Facebook. Add yourself to that and you'll be able to see when we have rides planned and communicate betterFB_IMG_1554144416777.jpeg

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Jefferson County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

Didn't think of that thanks. And also.my Jeep club i ride with is called " OFFROAD JEEP SYNDICATE" they have a public page on Facebook. Add yourself to that and you'll be able to see when we have rides planned and communicate better
I removed myself from the Cult of BookFace. I just couldn't make myself care anymore.

Intrepid Cruiser

Rank IV
Founder 500
Investor

Enthusiast II

Duluth, Georgia
First Name
C. Leigh
Last Name
Culver
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KW4GR
Nemo Tunnel is on my "to do" list. Any issues with meeting oncoming vehicles coming in from the opposite direction?

SinisterJK

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
Bryant
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRFC851
I saw a few videos on YouTube of the Nemo Tunnel. It looks awesome! I though it was in GA though? Does anyone have any coordinates or a way to get to the trail head for the tunnel?