• HTML tutorial

Overland Wanderlust

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

RURAL HALL, NC
Member #

View attachment 91585

Here's the list of places to get passes from the website. The closest to the trail is Craig Mountain Farms store, which is directly across the street from the access road for the trail. I spoke to the lady that runs the store yesterday. She said they are open Wednesday through Sunday, and they open at 8.
Thanks a bunch.

Reactions: Casey Craven

Overland Wanderlust

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

RURAL HALL, NC
Member #

I’m not sure bringing a murano is the best idea. There is a section that i don’t think it has the clearance or protection for. I would still definitely come if I was you and ride along with someone.
We are looking at a Cherokee to purchase this week. Hopefully we will be able to get it and shake it down on this trip. We are planning on coming come hades or high water. We are very excited to finally meet some folks. We will meet you guys at the trailhead if that’s OK. We live north of WS and would better be served to just meet you there. What time will everyone arrive at the trailhead?

Reactions: NC-Trooper

NC-Trooper

US SouthEast Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

We are looking at a Cherokee to purchase this week. Hopefully we will be able to get it and shake it down on this trip. We are planning on coming come hades or high water. We are very excited to finally meet some folks. We will meet you guys at the trailhead if that’s OK. We live north of WS and would better be served to just meet you there. What time will everyone arrive at the trailhead?
Check the rally point out, it will have all the information you’ll need! We are glad you are coming along. What year Cherokee are you hoping to get?

NC-Trooper

Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

What are your thoughts on a Dodge Nitro or the Jeep Liberty, since they’re the same vehicle?
Not a fan personally. I don’t trust that recession era of dodge/Jeep. My wife drives an 07 liberty so 1st gen it’s not the boxy body style, it’s the 2nd I’ve owned. It’s perfectly fine for her trips around town but I wouldn’t wheel it or trust it for “overland” travel.

You also have to consider your goals for the vehicle and if there is the aftermarket support to accomplish those objectives.

I am by no means a mechanic or an authority on the automotive industry so take my opinion for what it’s worth.

Reactions: Overland Wanderlust

Rayford94

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Meridian, MS, USA
Member #

Are there still spots available? I would possibly like to attend if there's still room. I've got a Cherokee Trailhawk with about 9.2 inches of clearance, if that'll make it.

NC-Trooper

Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

Are there still spots available? I would possibly like to attend if there's still room. I've got a Cherokee Trailhawk with about 9.2 inches of clearance, if that'll make it.
Honestly I have no clue, the RSVP system hasn’t worked for this trip. I would stay come on and join the party. Your trail hawk should be fine

Reactions: Rayford94

Steve in Roanoke VA

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Roanoke VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Janosko
Member #

Will watch for future rally points in your area. Wish I could make this one, but Big Birthday plans for my dad (turning 95) this weekend. Am heading that direction Memorial Day week. Have a great trip!

Reactions: NC-Trooper

Trevor Atchley

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Tennessee
Are you going? If so, if I go, it would be easier for me to convoy out of Chatanooga with you (I'm from Mississippi)
Yes, I am planning to go. According to google maps, it is about a 4.5-5 hour drive, so I will need to leave Chattanooga fairly early to arrive at the Kmart by 10:00.

Staticline40

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Fort Mill, SC, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Tebo
Member #

Service Branch
US Army Retired
What are your thoughts on a Dodge Nitro or the Jeep Liberty, since they’re the same vehicle?
Go with the Cherokee if you can find one that hasn't been trashed. Solid axles at both ends are a good thing and the 4 litre!
Go with the Cherokee, solid axles at both ends are a good thing plus the straight 6 can't be beat.