Nashville, Tennessee

• HTML tutorial

Theo

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nashville
Member #

Tyler, you still heading up to lbl friday morning? If so, I should be able to meet up with you guys. I've never been there so I figure somewhere close to the entrance would be cool. Wish I could camp but I'll probably have to pop smoke late afternoon this time. Theo

Tyler.W

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Spring Hill, TN
Member #

Tyler, you still heading up to lbl friday morning? If so, I should be able to meet up with you guys. I've never been there so I figure somewhere close to the entrance would be cool. Wish I could camp but I'll probably have to pop smoke late afternoon this time. Theo
Yeah, I will be heading up there tomorrow morning. Aiming to get there around 9am. I will probably need to fill up my tank before we enter the park so we can meet at the Exxon in Dover, TN right next to the McDonalds. Below is a Google Maps link and the adddress is 1501 Donelson Pkwy, Dover, TN 37058.

https://goo.gl/maps/VKj1R5WfHR12

Do you have a CB radio?

Tyler.W

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Spring Hill, TN
Member #

Does anyone have experience with the seasonal roads at LBL. I am looking at the MVUM for the area and I keep seeing seasonal roads but I am not sure how to interpret the dates and if I am allowed to travel on them. Below is an example.

upload_2018-11-8_9-21-5.png

bval

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Nashville, TN
Member #

Does anyone have experience with the seasonal roads at LBL. I am looking at the MVUM for the area and I keep seeing seasonal roads but I am not sure how to interpret the dates and if I am allowed to travel on them. Below is an example.

View attachment 75272
You'll be good. That's saying the roads are closed during turkey season, but open the rest of the year.

Keep in mind muzzleloader and archery deer season is open up there right now. You will see hunters. Starting Nov 17 until Jan 6 you can hunt with a rifle, and in my experience the last couple weeks of Nov the place is absolutely overrun with deer hunters.

Tyler.W

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Spring Hill, TN
Member #

You'll be good. That's saying the roads are closed during turkey season, but open the rest of the year.

Keep in mind muzzleloader and archery deer season is open up there right now. You will see hunters. Starting Nov 17 until Jan 6 you can hunt with a rifle, and in my experience the last couple weeks of Nov the place is absolutely overrun with deer hunters.
Great, that is what I thought it was saying as well but I wanted to make sure. We're planning to camp on the water somewhere off one of the forest service roads... Would that be a bad idea during hunting season? I already bought our permits so we're committed to going this weekend, just trying to figure out if we should do back-country camping like that or go into a designated campground... I'd much prefer the isolation of the back-country though.

bval

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Nashville, TN
Member #

Great, that is what I thought it was saying as well but I wanted to make sure. We're planning to camp on the water somewhere off one of the forest service roads... Would that be a bad idea during hunting season? I already bought our permits so we're committed to going this weekend, just trying to figure out if we should do back-country camping like that or go into a designated campground... I'd much prefer the isolation of the back-country though.
Nah, you'll be fine. I've even camped up there during rifle season, I just wanted to warn you that it's going on so you keep an eye out.

Tyler.W

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Spring Hill, TN
Member #

Nah, you'll be fine. I've even camped up there during rifle season, I just wanted to warn you that it's going on so you keep an eye out.
Awesome, thanks. Do you have any particular camp spots that you recommend that are not designated spots? I have a couple I dropped pins on in Gaia but I'm not sure if they will be any good just yet.

Theo

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nashville
Member #

I don't but it's on the short list. I'll probably drive the amigo, good shakedown for the new terra low tcase gears. I can shoot you my phone# if you want.

Tyler.W

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Spring Hill, TN
Member #

I don't but it's on the short list. I'll probably drive the amigo, good shakedown for the new terra low tcase gears. I can shoot you my phone# if you want.
Sounds good, just shoot me a PM and then I will text you so you have my number.

Cully74

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Old Hickory, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Cullum
Member #

Kuttawa Landing, Demumbers Bay, Pisgah Point, Ginger Bay, Neville Bay, and Grays Landing camping areas are the places I know of there. Im sure you can google any of those and get a location. I've camped at Kuttawa Landing. Its at the north end, and almost surrounded by water. I thought it was pretty cool. I guess you could also just ride trails until you find a spot at LBL.

Last edited:
Reactions: bval

GoXplore

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nashville, TN
First Name
David
Last Name
Yancy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4DKY
Hi folks. Just joined up and getting started in Overlanding. I live in Cookeville, so seems that I am in between most of ya'll with Nashville and knoxville being pretty popular on here.
Welcome from Thompson's Station!