Nashville, TN
First Name
David
Last Name
Yancy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4DKY
We'll probably meet up in Nashville around 10am (midtown/ west end), then head down to Leiper's Fork.
My family and I are planning to get out some today to enjoy the fall colors. I know we plan to just drive down Natchez Trace some, but we may end up on part of the Dirt Devil roads if I get bored of pavement.

Reactions: AreWeThereYet

AreWeThereYet

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Hendersonville, TN
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
K
The TN Dirt Devil didn't disappoint, had a good time with @GhostWanderer and another buddy, we drove down Natchez Trace, covered over 100 miles of the dirt devil, and probably did about half a dozen water crossings. I went ahead and shelled out for the map so I'm hoping to go back and get to know the area a lot better.

Reactions: GoXplore

GoXplore

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nashville, TN
First Name
David
Last Name
Yancy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4DKY
I was looking for a red 4 runner but didn’t see you at all, hope you had a good drive.
We ended up running part of the Old Trace and then made our way back home through a few bits of the Dirt Devil near Theta and Santa Fe. It was close to 3PM before we were back up that way, though. Probably long after you had finished.

We saw a few dual-sport bikes on the DD route. It seemed to be a good day for being out and about!

If I don't have to travel next weekend, I think we may make a concerted effort to drive as much of the DD as we can while the leaves are still on the trees.

Reactions: AreWeThereYet

Tyler.W

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Spring Hill, TN
Member #

Has anyone went camping in Franklin State Forest? I'm having trouble finding any information regarding camping there. I'm trying to find some camping close to Adventure Offroad Park near South Pittsburg for this weekend.

F150Fanatic

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Brentwood
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Ezell
Member #

Theo

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nashville
Member #

Whoops...meant to say I'm off friday, what time you heading up? I tentatively have to help my father in law with a fallen tree saturday.

Tyler.W

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Spring Hill, TN
Member #

Whoops...meant to say I'm off friday, what time you heading up? I tentatively have to help my father in law with a fallen tree saturday.
I'm thinking of heading up sometime between 8 and 9 and just exploring some of the forest service roads up there. I have a friend in town so we're probably going to do some primitive camping somewhere in the park on Friday night. It's gonna be cold!

Reactions: Jose

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

I'm thinking of heading up sometime between 8 and 9 and just exploring some of the forest service roads up there. I have a friend in town so we're probably going to do some primitive camping somewhere in the park on Friday night. It's gonna be cold!
I would have gone brotha!!! But I’m leaving to Expo East this Thursday. Have fun and be safe out there.

Theo

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nashville
Member #

If things go as planned and I am off friday I would be up for meeting you guys down there and hitting some trails. I should know for sure by Thursday.

Canyon15

Rank 0

Traveler I

Could you all expound a little on the Tenn. Dirt Devil? I've never heard of this trail and would like to know more. I’m over in West Tennessee btw.

Thanks for any info.

Cully74

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Old Hickory, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Cullum
Member #

Could you all expound a little on the Tenn. Dirt Devil? I've never heard of this trail and would like to know more. I’m over in West Tennessee btw.

Thanks for any info.
I put a file that I created from Google Earth in the southeast downloadable route section (on August 28th) where I tried to trace every dirt road I could find on an aerial image. There's an ungodly amount of roads in there. I did it to basically minimize my time on asphalt searching for other dirt roads. Once I get on whatever road I'm looking for I quit looking at the map. You can load it up in Google Earth and check it out, or import it into Gaia or what ever. Every track is labeled by the road name. There isn't anything very challenging out there though. It's very mild, with multiple creek crossings in some places.

Last edited: