Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
No way! Uggg I'm so flipping jealous. Congrats buddy!
Had to figure out who that woman was with me at Expo, she let me spend way, way too much money!!! Debs awesome and she spoils me now and then! Saved a bunch of money by buying the stuff at Expo!

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Had to figure out who that woman was with me at Expo, she let me spend way, way too much money!!! Debs awesome and she spoils me now and then! Saved a bunch of money by buying the stuff at Expo!
I think you found the secret. Take the wife to Expo and she'll get caught up in the excitement and money will flow like wine. Hmm maybe add wine too! lol

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
I think you found the secret. Take the wife to Expo and she'll get caught up in the excitement and money will flow like wine. Hmm maybe add wine too! lol
It helps she loves to Overland too

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Thanks again. Now looking for some lighting for the rear and side of the rig. Hoping to find something and install before Expo. We will see.
I got the KC Chase light at Expo! Still checking into side lights

Reactions: Jeepinit

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Today I converted my ARB fridge slider into a DIY tilting fridge slider. When my wife and I were at Overland Expo we purchased a new ARB fridge and slider. As soon as we got them back to our rig we figured out what we really needed was either a tilting slider or a drop down slider. Since then I've priced both types and I just can't bring myself to spend between $500 to upwards around $1,000.00 for another slider.

I got onto the internet and looked at how most of them Operated and decided to make something that will work for me. What I found was very simple, all I needed was a way to create a pivot point in the front of the slider and a way to limit how far the entire unit tilted. It's a very simple fix, a pair of door hinges and a nylon strap to limit the amount of tilt.

I put it together and it works beautifully, ever better than I expected. I might change the limiting strap a little but for now it's good...

fullsizeoutput_9f5.jpegfullsizeoutput_9f4.jpegfullsizeoutput_9f6.jpegIMG_1128.jpgIMG_1128.jpgIMG_1127.jpgIMG_1126.jpgIMG_1125.jpg

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
:sunglasses::smirk:
Today I converted my ARB fridge slider into a DIY tilting fridge slider. When my wife and I were at Overland Expo we purchased a new ARB fridge and slider. As soon as we got them back to our rig we figured out what we really needed was either a tilting slider or a drop down slider. Since then I've priced both types and I just can't bring myself to spend between $500 to upwards around $1,000.00 for another slider.

I got onto the internet and looked at how most of them Operated and decided to make something that will work for me. What I found was very simple, all I needed was a way to create a pivot point in the front of the slider and a way to limit how far the entire unit tilted. It's a very simple fix, a pair of door hinges and a nylon strap to limit the amount of tilt.

I put it together and it works beautifully, ever better than I expected. I might change the limiting strap a little but for now it's good...

View attachment 107035View attachment 107034View attachment 107033View attachment 107032View attachment 107032View attachment 107031View attachment 107030View attachment 107029
Are you sure you weren't an undercover engineer:smirk::grinning::sunglasses:

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Well got C2 Scene lights wired and working. The Chase Bar is mounted, but wiring has to wait until I get my new rear bumper. It's coming together! We will be ready for our full-time Overland adventures in one year, ten months, 23 days, 22 hour and thirteen mins but who's counting!!!

As nice as these scene lights are it's pretty stressful to cut a 3" x 1/2" hole into the roof of your rig, even though I used a cable gland!fullsizeoutput_9fc.jpegIMG_1180.jpgfullsizeoutput_9fd.jpegIMG_1182.jpgIMG_1183.jpgIMG_1184.jpg