Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Well spent the entire day in on the road and in Southern California. Picked up and installed my newest mod.. New drawer unit for the cargo area of my 4Runner and my new Power Tank. This is the newest company to start making these units for Overland vehicles. This one is one of the very first drawer units (Prototype), because I am now a brand ambassador for them. It is made by BOSS Strong Box, out of Rancho Santa Margarita California. It is made of 16 gauge steel, a partitioned single drawer unit that has a large amount of storage space. The drawer is lockable and had 250lb sliders. The best parts of this unit is that it comes in at 110 lbs and under $1,000.00.

IMG_9605.jpgIMG_9605.jpgIMG_9605.jpgIMG_9606.jpgIMG_9607.jpgIMG_9619.jpg

Jeepinit

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Mateo, CA, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Bright
Member #

Well spent the entire day in on the road and in Southern California. Picked up and installed my newest mod.. New drawer unit for the cargo area of my 4Runner and my new Power Tank. This is the newest company to start making these units for Overland vehicles. This one is one of the very first drawer units (Prototype), because I am now a brand ambassador for them. It is made by BOSS Strong Box, out of Rancho Santa Margarita California. It is made of 16 gauge steel, a partitioned single drawer unit that has a large amount of storage space. The drawer is lockable and had 250lb sliders. The best parts of this unit is that it comes in at 110 lbs and under $1,000.00.

View attachment 96420View attachment 96420View attachment 96420View attachment 96421View attachment 96422View attachment 96423
Very nice! Congrats!

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps

View attachment 96420View attachment 96420View attachment 96420View attachment 96421View attachment 96422View attachment 96423
IMG_9623.JPG

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Reactions: Jeepinit

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Haven't been on for a little while, was at Overland Expo West and then we did a 4.5 day trip to Moab, Canyonlands National Park and Colorado. I took advantage of the deals at Expo and picked up some great stuff.. Spent the last couple of days installing the following items:

IMG_9787.jpgIMG_9786.jpgIMG_0431.jpgIMG_0411.jpgIMG_0423.jpgIMG_0414.jpgIMG_0427.jpgIMG_0426.jpg

Attachments

t_real

Rank 0

Contributor I

Virginia
First Name
T
Last Name
M
Great looking build! My wife and I are in the hunt for a good daily driver/overland rig. What kind of MPG are you getting with all the extras added on there? The only thing keeping me from committing to a 4R is the MPG - I've heard it gets a little depressing once you add on the extra equipment! Thanks for such a detailed thread, this was a blast to read up on.

DennisTheMenice

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Great looking build! My wife and I are in the hunt for a good daily driver/overland rig. What kind of MPG are you getting with all the extras added on there? The only thing keeping me from committing to a 4R is the MPG - I've heard it gets a little depressing once you add on the extra equipment! Thanks for such a detailed thread, this was a blast to read up on.
This is true for ALL overland builds no matter the platform.

I get 18 if i drive like there is no more gas left in the world. I get 17 if i drive like i want.

Difference is the 4runner offers the undeniable reliability that few offer. This gap is closing but for me the biggest driver.

275 BFGs and full roof rack.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
As it sitting there 15mpg. When the interior is not stuffed for camping, Ive been getting 16 to 18. This is my daily driver!

Reactions: t_real and Jeepinit

Jeepinit

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Mateo, CA, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Bright
Member #

Congrats on the new toys. Sorry I missed you at Expo West. I hit the booth on Saturday night. I picked up a few items as well. Pictures of your Colorado/Utah trip?

Reactions: Magic Mike

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Congrats on the new toys. Sorry I missed you at Expo West. I hit the booth on Saturday night. I picked up a few items as well. Pictures of your Colorado/Utah trip?
I’ll get them posted really soon, been super busy!!!

Reactions: Jeepinit