Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Well this happened. @Firemom and I installed our dual battery system and Redarc BCDC 1225D DCDC to DC charger yesterday. Fairly easy install, had to make our own mount for the Redarc charger. Used a C4 Fabrication dual battery tray and got the battery at Sears, but everything else was picked up on Amazon. Built the entire set-up for under $900.00

IMG_1401.jpgIMG_1402.jpgIMG_1406.jpgIMG_1409.jpgIMG_1410.jpgIMG_1411.jpgIMG_1412.jpgIMG_1414.jpgIMG_1416.jpgIMG_1417.jpgIMG_1419.jpgIMG_1420.jpgIMG_1421.jpgIMG_1422.jpg

Marman

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pleasant Hill, MO
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Marlowe
Member #

Service Branch
USAF Retired
Wow, loved following your build, great write-ups and pictures. I am looking at a 4Runner TRD OffRoad, but you got me thinking on the SR5 now. If had to do over again, would you pick the SR5 or the TRD OffRoad?

Thanks,

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Wow, loved following your build, great write-ups and pictures. I am looking at a 4Runner TRD OffRoad, but you got me thinking on the SR5 now. If had to do over again, would you pick the SR5 or the TRD OffRoad?

Thanks,
I really wanted a TRD Pro or Offroad, but I've got to tell you I'll pit my little 4Runner again any TRD now.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Mikey is super stoked, this happened today and I love it!!!! Brute Force Fab, double swing rear bumper with drop down table, latter and a place to mount a larger Propane tank. If anyone is looking for Armor check out Billy at Brute Force, his prices are awesome and his just a really cool guy!

1+VMfXRfQHapnP5Kd4k25Q.jpgcRrrXvtaSeCuXpRZ7gmKtA.jpglKK0WvL7Rnysu3v43MDILw.jpgfN3Zz7nZTdyK8o96vB7flw.jpgkgi6SjfATO6sT0Afaey+1A.jpgmo5GmmikSW6f7qgcILaRiw.jpgeRWfBsdkQhCEXu7U%LnLxQ.jpgfullsizeoutput_a0a.jpeg

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Mikey is super stoked, this happened today and I love it!!!! Brute Force Fab, double swing rear bumper with drop down table, latter and a place to mount a larger Propane tank. If anyone is looking for Armor check out Billy at Brute Force, his prices are awesome and his just a really cool guy!

View attachment 111923View attachment 111924View attachment 111925View attachment 111926View attachment 111927View attachment 111928View attachment 111929View attachment 111930
Can't wait to see your rig. It has definately out paced mine. Great job.

Jeepinit

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Mateo, CA, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Bright
Member #

View attachment 111923View attachment 111924View attachment 111925View attachment 111926View attachment 111927View attachment 111928View attachment 111929View attachment 111930
Dis they complete the install for ya as well?

Reactions: Magic Mike

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Dis they complete the install for ya as well?
Yeah they installed its part of our deal... It seemed to be pretty simple to install, so I'm pretty sure I could have installed it. Gotta tell you though, I love this bumper...

Reactions: Jeepinit

Jeepinit

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Mateo, CA, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Bright
Member #

Yeah they installed its part of our deal... It seemed to be pretty simple to install, so I'm pretty sure I could have installed it. Gotta tell you though, I love this bumper...
I think I’ll reach out to check in prices. It looks great. Just debating on spending the money. I’ve dumped quite a bit of cash over the last 7 months, but what’s one more mod??
Looks killer and functional.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Added a new DIY MOD to my baby. As we all know storage space in any Overland vehicle is at a premium. As I've looked through the back of my 4Runner I noticed that the back hatch area is basically dead space. I thought about attaching a cover with pockets, but not many things out there for 4Runners in this category and what is out thee is too expensive. I was at my buddies Army/Navy surplus store and found an old military tool roll and bells started going off.

Here is what I came up with, it's functional, durable and I love the nostalgia of the military canvass. Tell me what you think.

IMG_1795.jpg

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
I think I’ll reach out to check in prices. It looks great. Just debating on spending the money. I’ve dumped quite a bit of cash over the last 7 months, but what’s one more mod??
Looks killer and functional.
Call Billy, he the owner of Brute Force he is a great guy and his products are awesome. His prices are also the best I could find. His number is (559) 900-6564, better to text him because he spends a lot of time in his shop and doesn't hear the phone ring. Tell him I sent you.

Reactions: Jeepinit

Jeepinit

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Mateo, CA, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Bright
Member #

Call Billy, he the owner of Brute Force he is a great guy and his products are awesome. His prices are also the best I could find. His number is (559) 900-6564, better to text him because he spends a lot of time in his shop and doesn't hear the phone ring. Tell him I sent you.
Will do. Thanks much!

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Well here is another DIY mod. This one my beautiful wife and best friend @Firemom thought up and did!! It turned out AWESOME! It's a DIY Gerry can water pump! Check it out...

IMG_1792.jpgIMG_1792 2.jpg