Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Mateo, CA, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Bright
Member #

Trying to be frugal, cause Overlanding is the great Rabbit hole that you gladly throw money into and I really don’t like sleeping on the couch!!!!
LMAO- very true. I have two Labs to keep me warm if she boots me to the couch. So far I’ve communicated all of “My Wants” for the 4Runner. At times she rolls her eyes, but has been very supportive. I’m a lucky guy.

Reactions: Magic Mike

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
I found them and ordered them. I’ll buy the steel today or tomorrow. I’m definitely going to attempt to make them. I’m looking now online for ideas for the maxtrax. You’ve inspired me to try and make a side mount for the Maxtrax as well. I’ll let you know what I find. Let’s be sure to meet up at Expo West!
Very cool, just an FYI I used Simpson Strong Ties for the bar-stock! There strong and easy to work with!

Reactions: Jeepinit

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Forgot to ask. Which drawer system? I’ll be birding my Buddy’s ARB fridge to see if I like it on that trip. I’m considering ARB and Dometic. Looking at hidden Winch mounts and a winch right now. Not sure which brand I’ll go with. I’m seriously considering Smittybilt to save some coin.
Check out Northridge 4x4 they have the Smittybuilt X20 10K with synthetic line on sale, $419.00. On Amazon it was $473.00.

The drawer system is from a company (Boss Strong Box) that just started to make systems for Overlanding. They make vehicle mounted vaults, so these drawer systems are not on the website yet.

I am now a brand Ambassador for them.

Jeepinit

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Mateo, CA, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Bright
Member #

Check out Northridge 4x4 they have the Smittybuilt X20 10K with synthetic line on sale, $419.00. On Amazon it was $473.00.

The drawer system is from a company (Boss Strong Box) that just started to make systems for Overlanding. They make vehicle mounted vaults, so these drawer systems are not on the website yet.

I am now a brand Ambassador for them.
Can you send some pics? I’d love to see them. I think I’m in in the x20. I’ll check one more review. The first review I read bs Warn the Smitty was chosen. If I do pick it up, I’ll be going with a CBI hidden Winch Mount. Thanks for the info on the price![emoji106]

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
LMAO- very true. I have two Labs to keep me warm if she boots me to the couch. So far I’ve communicated all of “My Wants” for the 4Runner. At times she rolls her eyes, but has been very supportive. I’m a lucky guy.
Yeah me too, the wife is into Overlanding as well but she is more practical than I sometimes.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Can you send some pics? I’d love to see them. I think I’m in in the x20. I’ll check one more review. The first review I read bs Warn the Smitty was chosen. If I do pick it up, I’ll be going with a CBI hidden Winch Mount. Thanks for the info on the price![emoji106]
Welcome but check they’re website quick because don’t know how much longer it will be on sale.

Jeepinit

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Mateo, CA, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Bright
Member #

Ok. 429.99 total. That’s with Tax and Shipping. I’ll wait to talk to the wife before ordering the hidden Winch Mount. That was a great deal.
Lol. I’m an idiot. I looked at shipping in the site you provided and read 40.00. That was for 2 day delivery. I didn’t see the 0.00 for standard.

Dang it! Just spent an extra 10.00 bucks. Ugh