Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Thanks again. Now looking for some lighting for the rear and side of the rig. Hoping to find something and install before Expo. We will see.
If your interested in some budget lighting, there is a set by Rough Country on Amazon Prime. The set has four lights and is $279.99. It was meant for the grill of a Jeep, but easy enough to make mounts to fit your rack..

Rough Country 8" Custom LED Vertical Grill Kit (fits) 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK Includes (4) Chrome Series LEDs 70673 V

Reactions: Jeepinit

Jeepinit

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Mateo, CA, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Bright
Member #

If your interested in some budget lighting, there is a set by Rough Country on Amazon Prime. The set has four lights and is $279.99. It was meant for the grill of a Jeep, but easy enough to make mounts to fit your rack..

Rough Country 8" Custom LED Vertical Grill Kit (fits) 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK Includes (4) Chrome Series LEDs 70673 V
I’ll take a look at them! Thanks!! I’ll let you know.

Jeepinit

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Mateo, CA, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Bright
Member #

I just checked the lights out. Wow! Are you running them? If not, do you know anyone who is? If you do, what do they think? Seems almost too good of a price to pass up.

Reactions: Magic Mike

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
I just checked the lights out. Wow! Are you running them? If not, do you know anyone who is? If you do, what do they think? Seems almost too good of a price to pass up.
No don’t know anyone that has them, but probably the set I’m going to use on my rack. For that price not much to loose!

Jeepinit

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Mateo, CA, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Bright
Member #

No don’t know anyone that has them, but probably the set I’m going to use on my rack. For that price not much to loose!
I’m going to search review now. I just picked up my Maxtrax. Ummm. That was the Baja Budget. I think I may wait until after Expo West to pick up more light. My first trip after that is 6/11. Ya never know though, I haven’t been very patient thus far. I’m hoping my solar panel kit arrives the week before Az. We will see.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
I’m going to search review now. I just picked up my Maxtrax. Ummm. That was the Baja Budget. I think I may wait until after Expo West to pick up more light. My first trip after that is 6/11. Ya never know though, I haven’t been very patient thus far. I’m hoping my solar panel kit arrives the week before Az. We will see.
Just about finished with my DIY shovel & Axe mounts! Saved $70.00..

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
I was looking for mounts for my axe and shovel and I found the below one from Old Dominion and they are pretty nice but they are $75.00. I'm sorry but I'm not paying $75.00 for something that I can Make.. So here they are, please give me your feedback and tell me what you think.

Oh and P.S. these only cost me approx. $22.00 to make, not too shabby.

Attachments

Jeepinit

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Mateo, CA, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Bright
Member #

I was looking for mounts for my axe and shovel and I found the below one from Old Dominion and they are pretty nice but they are $75.00. I'm sorry but I'm not paying $75.00 for something that I can Make.. So here they are, please give me your feedback and tell me what you think.

Phenomenal! They look great!! Where did you pick up the rubber mounts? I may have a new project!!! Are you attending Expo West?

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Phenomenal! They look great!! Where did you pick up the rubber mounts? I may have a new project!!! Are you attending Expo West?
Yes we’ll be there and I will also be sporting a new drawer system. I got the Quick fists from Amazon Prime, two packs of two was about 14 bucks.

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM

You are a talented man [emoji41]

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
You are a talented man [emoji41]
Trying to be frugal, cause Overlanding is the great Rabbit hole that you gladly throw money into and I really don’t like sleeping on the couch!!!!

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Jeepinit

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Mateo, CA, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Bright
Member #

Yes we’ll be there and I will also be sporting a new drawer system. I got the Quick fists from Amazon Prime, two packs of two was about 14 bucks.
I found them and ordered them. I’ll buy the steel today or tomorrow. I’m definitely going to attempt to make them. I’m looking now online for ideas for the maxtrax. You’ve inspired me to try and make a side mount for the Maxtrax as well. I’ll let you know what I find. Let’s be sure to meet up at Expo West!

Jeepinit

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Mateo, CA, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Bright
Member #

Forgot to ask. Which drawer system? I’ll be birding my Buddy’s ARB fridge to see if I like it on that trip. I’m considering ARB and Dometic. Looking at hidden Winch mounts and a winch right now. Not sure which brand I’ll go with. I’m seriously considering Smittybilt to save some coin.