First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
Cerro Gordo Ghost Town Oct. 8, 2016

I was up there with my wife and daughter and ran in to an OB member named Jeff. IMG_0532.JPG I think your number was '949'? Dang my memory is getting bad!
Anyway, I was not the OB ambassador that I should have been, we talked a bit but my wife was ready to head down the hill and I didn't get to kick the tires of your awesome looking '80 and your buddies 4Runner like I wanted to.
So, it was nice to meet you, and in such a cool place like that.
Take care and I look forward to seeing you again in some of the events!
Dan.

Last edited:

JEFFWENTZ

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Pleasanton, Ca.
First Name
JEFF
Last Name
WENTZ
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6FZJ
949 would have been Jeff! Your memory is great!

@JEFFWENTZ here on the forums, but I discovered an issue with his account! I'm emailing him!

M
949 would have been Jeff! Your memory is great!

@JEFFWENTZ here on the forums, but I discovered an issue with his account! I'm emailing him!

M

I was up there with my wife and daughter and ran in to an OB member named Jeff. View attachment 8650 I think your number was '949'? Dang my memory is getting bad!
Anyway, I was not the OB ambassador that I should have been, we talked a bit but my wife was ready to head down the hill and I didn't get to kick the tires of your awesome looking '80 and your buddies 4Runner like I wanted to.
Dan.
Dan,
It was great running into a fellow Overlandbound member ... in the middle of "nowhere" - Your memory is better than mine. I had written down the wrong info about you and couldn't find you on the site..ooops! Happy that you got it right! Hope to run into you and your family again & check out you FJ8O! Take care - Jeff.

I was up there with my wife and daughter and ran in to an OB member named Jeff. View attachment 8650 I think your number was '949'? Dang my memory is getting bad!
Dan.

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

MakTruk #0912 crossed paths with (insert username) #0070 at Hollister Hills on Saturday when their TepuiFest lineup got slowed down on a switchback. Ran up the line and shook his hand real quick and ran back to the truck. My trail partner (grey Pro-4X) gave some directions to the group to an easier trail, he knows HH like the back of his hand.

No pic of #0070, but here's me and my partner's rigs before we left my place. Gotta get photo time!

MTN4RNR

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Bay Area, CA
Member #

MakTruk #0912 crossed paths with (insert username) #0070 at Hollister Hills on Saturday when their TepuiFest lineup got slowed down on a switchback. Ran up the line and shook his hand real quick and ran back to the truck. My trail partner (grey Pro-4X) gave some directions to the group to an easier trail, he knows HH like the back of his hand.

No pic of #0070, but here's me and my partner's rigs before we left my place. Gotta get photo time!

I saw you a few weeks back on 85 N. I was in my silver super duty work truck, and we passed each other when I saw your OB emblem. We got off at the same exit, and I tried hopping the curb to pull up next to you to give you an OB thumbs up. But the light turned green, you went straight and I turned right! Oh well!

Reactions: Michael and maktruk

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

I saw you a few weeks back on 85 N. I was in my silver super duty work truck, and we passed each other when I saw your OB emblem. We got off at the same exit, and I tried hopping the curb to pull up next to you to give you an OB thumbs up. But the light turned green, you went straight and I turned right! Oh well!
Da MakTruk is pretty recognizable! Is my emblem pretty recognizable where it is by my license plate? I've considered relocating it...

dagen

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Oakland, CA
Member #

Spotted an '02-'05 black 4Runner with a Yakima or Thule roof basket. OB badge right of rear plate and sticker on bottom left of rear window. Driving northbound on 880 this afternoon

Reactions: Michael and Mike G