• HTML tutorial

WUzombies

Rank V
Launch Member
Supporter

Advocate II

Central Texas
Member #

This member drove by me today on I-45 while I was shagging ass to get to a collision site to begin the investigation phase (measurements, photographs, collision reconstruction stuff that no one else finds interesting). Waved as he went by and I noticed his badge and sticker. He said he is DudeAbides, but I think that might be his username over on the expo... I didn't have much time and was already off schedule as it was for attorney billing, but I had to stop and say hi when he pulled off for gas and the Sam Houston NF. Anyone recognize the rig? I think the badge number was in the 500's.

Since his antenna is a firestick I tried to hit him on Channel 19, but he said his antenna is fried and wasn't working. Note, if you're rolling and have a CB and see a like minded individual, have it on. Or if you're a HAM I'd say hit the national 2-meter channel (I had both on).

20160122_124311 (1).jpg

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
This member drove by me today on I-45 while I was shagging ass to get to a collision site to begin the investigation phase (measurements, photographs, collision reconstruction stuff that no one else finds interesting). Waved as he went by and I noticed his badge and sticker. He said he is DudeAbides, but I think that might be his username over on the expo... I didn't have much time and was already off schedule as it was for attorney billing, but I had to stop and say hi when he pulled off for gas and the Sam Houston NF. Anyone recognize the rig? I think the badge number was in the 500's.

Since his antenna is a firestick I tried to hit him on Channel 19, but he said his antenna is fried and wasn't working. Note, if you're rolling and have a CB and see a like minded individual, have it on. Or if you're a HAM I'd say hit the national 2-meter channel (I had both on).

View attachment 1620
If you can see his member number, I can look him up. I searched our members in texas (A LOT!) and found one rig that looked like this:
2016-01-22_1717.png
But it does not look exactly the same.

Reactions: murps

WUzombies

Rank V
Launch Member
Supporter

Advocate II

Central Texas
Member #

I glanced at the member number, but I failed quite a bit on this one. He said he didn't post much and I only quick glanced at the badge. He asked for some local info on the Sam Houston and gave him the scoop (it sucks), but I was so rushed that I dropped the ball. It didn't help that the boss man called while I was trying to chat. He did say he was up in Midland, Texas.

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

I glanced at the member number, but I failed quite a bit on this one. He said he didn't post much and I only quick glanced at the badge. He asked for some local info on the Sam Houston and gave him the scoop (it sucks), but I was so rushed that I dropped the ball. It didn't help that the boss man called while I was trying to chat. He did say he was up in Midland, Texas.
Awesome! Thats just an hour and half away from me. We are looking for new members for our local club. Maybe if he reads this he could hit me up...

Reactions: WUzombies

chandleraj

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Jensen Beach
Member #

I'm down in South Florida and have yet to see an overlandbound member down here, I know there are some in existence I just have to find them! Here's my rig so keep an eye out for me and if you see me honk and wave and scream at me to get me to pull over, I'd love to meet some fellow overlandbound members!!