OB Approved Members Spotted Thread

• HTML tutorial

Teague

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fairview, TN
Member #

I ran into #333, I pulled up next to his Nissan Pathfinder at the dog park in Nashville. We talked rigs and local trails for a minute, it was pretty cool. He told me his instagram, but I could never find him here.

GoldenStateAdv

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lompoc, Ca
Member #

On Sunday Dec 18, while in my mazda traveling from Lompoc to Grover Beach I came across a black rubicon with black wheels, crazy beaver shovel, roto pax, hi lift, camo rubicon decals, and of course, a OB emblem on the fender. Of course I couldn't read the number, but sweet ride.

Reactions: SLO Rob

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

I love this thread! I have seen a few in Northern CA, but none yet here in MA. I'm always on the lookout! There are so many Jeeps around here, but typically they don't even look at me or wave. It's very interesting in New England. Hahaha!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Meta6981

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
In the UK Land Rover Defender drivers pretty much always wave and acknowledge each other.
It's an unwritten rule of Land Rover ownership. Same as trying to park next to another Land Rover in a car park if you can known as Parking Rules Applied.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

In the UK Land Rover Defender drivers pretty much always wave and acknowledge each other.
It's an unwritten rule of Land Rover ownership. Same as trying to park next to another Land Rover in a car park if you can known as Parking Rules Applied.
Sent from my iPad using OB Talk
Hi Polaris Overland!

I think it depends where you go in the USA. In some parts there are a lot of Defenders, but it's mostly rich folks who want a unique vehicle (kind of like the G wagen). I have seen primarily older Land Rovers with some off-road modifications have the people that wave. I have waved so many times, but a lot of people just stare at me like I am crazy. HAHAHAHA!

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Hi Polaris Overland!

I think it depends where you go in the USA. In some parts there are a lot of Defenders, but it's mostly rich folks who want a unique vehicle (kind of like the G wagen). I have seen primarily older Land Rovers with some off-road modifications have the people that wave. I have waved so many times, but a lot of people just stare at me like I am crazy. HAHAHAHA!

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Hahaha yes I know what you mean. In the UK its a Land Rover thing just like the guys who ride motor bikes. But there are a lot more Defenders in the UK and they cost nothing like a G Wagon or for that matter a Defender in USA, those prices are insane.
Always good to meet and wave to other overlanders though no matter what they drive even if you do feel a bit silly when they don't wave back :-)

Reactions: finlayforprez

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hahaha yes I know what you mean. In the UK its a Land Rover thing just like the guys who ride motor bikes. But there are a lot more Defenders in the UK and they cost nothing like a G Wagon or for that matter a Defender in USA, those prices are insane.
Always good to meet and wave to other overlanders though no matter what they drive even if you do feel a bit silly when they don't wave back :-)
I hear you there! I tend to wave at anything that looks like a potential overlanding rig, whether or not they wave back. The cost of Defenders in the US is ridiculous and not necessary at all. I am so anxious to see the "new" Defender that will be released likely in 2018/2019. From what I have read, we may see a camo prototype at some point this year - it's in the testing phases and the designed signed off. Will it be yet another different sized Evoque? HAHA!

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
I hear you there! I tend to wave at anything that looks like a potential overlanding rig, whether or not they wave back. The cost of Defenders in the US is ridiculous and not necessary at all. I am so anxious to see the "new" Defender that will be released likely in 2018/2019. From what I have read, we may see a camo prototype at some point this year - it's in the testing phases and the designed signed off. Will it be yet another different sized Evoque? HAHA!
Oh god I hope not. I'm definately not `a fan of the new style Land Rovers. I have a Discovery 3 that was a stretch. The new Discoverys are becoming SUV's for shopping and school runs. Still capable off road though but I cant see me being happy climbing in covered in mud and Cr@p after a day out playing.
Defender is my overland truck as it is two seats only and upgraded. Discovery is my comfort truck with 7 seats if needed.
Too much Electronics in it though :-(
I prefer simplicity as I am a simple person ;-)

11140193_1027291323962019_4315230921928929553_o.jpg

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Oh god I hope not. I'm definately not `a fan of the new style Land Rovers. I have a Discovery 3 that was a stretch. The new Discoverys are becoming SUV's for shopping and school runs. Still capable off road though but I cant see me being happy climbing in covered in mud and Cr@p after a day out playing.
Defender is my overland truck as it is two seats only and upgraded. Discovery is my comfort truck with 7 seats if needed.
Too much Electronics in it though :-(
I prefer simplicity as I am a simple person ;-)
I know exactly what you mean, as I am far from a tech or gadget person, so the Discovery 4 was a bit of a stretch, but it's been awesome. As for the new Discovery, I am sure it is brilliant and very capable, but i just can't get into the design and finish. While the Discovery 3/4 has some luxury around it, it's still the iconic design of the previous Discovery family. I would love a Defender as an overland vehicle, but it's just not possible in the US given the cost and regulations. Bleh!

Reactions: Polaris Overland