Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
My Dodge ram pu is 4 speed automatic it actually attaches just behind the transmission and just ups the gears before it gets to the drive tires the co that put mine on is called 8 speed gear vender I get my best mileage actually pulling a trailer
We use to call that an overdrive gearbox. I didn't know they made one for auto transmissions. I will check it out. Thanks for the tip !

Reactions: DoggMan1163

DoggMan1163

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Big Sandy, TX, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Beard
Member #

We use to call that an overdrive gearbox. I didn't know they made one for auto transmissions. I will check it out. Thanks for the tip !
Well if you get one one word of caution watch your speed my truck cruises at 90 mph @ 2000 rpm with it turned on you can get a ticket really fast I set the cruise now days lol but really don't use the truck anymore I drive my Tacoma aka Taco if I need to go get hay for the cows I'll use it but other than that it sets it's a 200 dodge ram with a Cummins diesel and allison automatic transmission has over 1000000 miles on it

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Our Trail Whale ... sorry not a LR ;)
No LR exclusives here, I think your rig qualifies as fully capable and looks great too. There is no doubt in my mind that I would be driving something very similar if the bucks were there. Have you had it on the trails yet and how did it preform being so large ? What year model is your truck ? Is it your daily driver ss well ? Looks to have many mods, give us some more info on your rig .

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Well if you get one one word of caution watch your speed my truck cruises at 90 mph @ 2000 rpm with it turned on you can get a ticket really fast I set the cruise now days lol but really don't use the truck anymore I drive my Tacoma aka Taco if I need to go get hay for the cows I'll use it but other than that it sets it's a 200 dodge ram with a Cummins diesel and allison automatic transmission has over 1000000 miles on it
I like it, I like it.. miles don't mean much to a dodge diesel.

darrenc

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Fort Worth
First Name
darren
Last Name
contino
Member #

No LR exclusives here, I think your rig qualifies as fully capable and looks great too. There is no doubt in my mind that I would be driving something very similar if the bucks were there. Have you had it on the trails yet and how did it preform being so large ? What year model is your truck ? Is it your daily driver ss well ? Looks to have many mods, give us some more info on your rig .
Hi and Yes. we just got back from Colorado Springs where we met up with a local group and took on Illinois Gulch and Mt Baldy/Eagle Rock. She never broke a sweat. Xena, Is a 2008 F250 6.4L. Lockers Both front and rear riding on a 6 in lift and 37's . Had to order the bed rack from RCI and went with the Smitybilt Overland Tent. For rescue recovery both front and rear winch. I started in a 66 scout back in the early 80's and 38 years of work and pushing a bunch of kids through the cycle, I was finally able to put together a rig I always wanted when I retired. Hitting up the TX hill country next on the list.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Hi and Yes. we just got back from Colorado Springs where we met up with a local group and took on Illinois Gulch and Mt Baldy/Eagle Rock. She never broke a sweat. Xena, Is a 2008 F250 6.4L. Lockers Both front and rear riding on a 6 in lift and 37's . Had to order the bed rack from RCI and went with the Smitybilt Overland Tent. For rescue recovery both front and rear winch. I started in a 66 scout back in the early 80's and 38 years of work and pushing a bunch of kids through the cycle, I was finally able to put together a rig I always wanted when I retired. Hitting up the TX hill country next on the list.
A very nice rig. My favorite trucks have always been Fords but haven't had one since I sold my 84 about 12 years ago.
It wasn't a 4x4 and was the reason I sold it. I've never forgiven myself for selling my old 67 Bronco, as I could go anywhere it that old girl (after many alterations). Thanks for the info on your rig, have a safe and good trip to Texas...

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign

Paris0514

Local Expert Kansas City MO
Founder 500

World Traveler III

Kansas City
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Paris
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N0KTP
Your a brave soul to go swimming without a snorkel. When you make water crossing like that do you get water in your cab floor ? Nice nice rig, but I liked your first bumper better for looks.
Nah no issues. No wet floors, no wet intakes. It’s not the best idea to go swimming anyway but that whole area to get through you don’t know what you are going to get into to you are there then you have to choose to continue or turn around.

DallasTRDPro

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Dallas
Last edited:

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Well I didn't keep it stock. I never do. I'm currently running 315 KO2's with a 3.5" MetalCloak GameChanger with JRi shocks and Steersmarts steering. I wish I kept it stock and at some point I could see me trading to for a 4Runner. We've had some great adventures in Colorado. Moab and AZ are next on the list.

View attachment 114578
Why do you say you wish you had kept it srock ? Just curious.

DallasTRDPro

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Dallas
Why do you say you wish you had kept it srock ? Just curious.
It was a smoother ride. I know that’s the nature of the beast when lifting a Jeep so I don’t regret it because it’s very capable. I’m more into the vehicle being comfortable which is tough to do when lifting a Jeep. People who have rode in it say it’s the best riding Jeep they been in. I think I like the ride of an IFS vehicle over solid axle. I just prefer the look of a Jeep over a Toyota.