Member Rides

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

Murphy Slaw

Rank V

Advocate I

Southern Illinois
Member #

Always wanted to go looking for it myself. After I looked at the mountain range where it was supposed to be I realized that the only way it can ever be found is to stumble across it. That terrane is awesome and spooky.
We were young and dumb and brave and crazy. We rode dirt bikes all over those mountains back in the mid '70's, before there were any fences. We thought we were looking for it, but we were mostly just being crazy and young.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...…..

Reactions: Boucher

Lanlubber

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mimbres, NM, USA
Member #

Ham Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
We were young and dumb and brave and crazy. We rode dirt bikes all over those mountains back in the mid '70's, before there were any fences. We thought we were looking for it, but we were mostly just being crazy and young.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...…..
I didn't know there are fences now but not surprised at all. I was there going to the dam with my family in 1974, so your lucky I didn't run over you if you were very wild. :coldsweat:

Reactions: Boucher

Lanlubber

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mimbres, NM, USA
Member #

Ham Callsign

00durango67

Rank I

Contributor I

Carmichael, CA, USA
First Name
Calvin
Last Name
cook
Member #

Where is El Dorado national forest (close to where). I use to life 65 miles NE of Sacramento in a place called Outingdale, near a little place called Weems. I've always wanted to go back there and may before I die.
Just outside of Pollock pines on highway 50 the Rubicon is only about 10 miles up the road from where I'm at

RallyeX

Rank 0

Contributor I

Southern California
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Williams
Our new Global Expidition Adventure truck. We bought at the Overland Expo West 2019. We picked it up at Global Expidition in Springfield Missouri on June 14. We did a nice trip thru Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada and then home to Southern California. So far the truck is great!

Attachments

Lanlubber

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mimbres, NM, USA
Member #

Ham Callsign
Our new Global Expidition Adventure truck. We bought at the Overland Expo West 2019. We picked it up at Global Expidition in Springfield Missouri on June 14. We did a nice trip thru Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada and then home to Southern California. So far the truck is great!
Oh when your smiling "I am smiling"- you should be too !

JoelIII

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

How many kidneys did you have to sell for that beast? Looks awesome!

Lanlubber

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mimbres, NM, USA
Member #

Ham Callsign
Yes I will be camping here tell the 7th of July very beautiful up here this year first time in a long time the forest has looked healthy
That's good to hear, I know you will enjoy, I was supposed to meet up with my Son over the fourth in Colorado but cant make it. How do you like your Durango " What model is it ? Have you had to make any Mods to it ? Are you set up with a kitchen or anything we should see ? Do you camp out ? Not being nosey, just want to bring you in to the fold ! Good to have you on board. Adios Amigo

Chadlyb

Rank VI
Supporter

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Do you have issues with your engine overheating? The radiator seems pretty well blocked off from fresh air.
No...actually, you can't really see but there's area below winch control and even under on the skid plate start where tons of air comes into the engine compartment. Also the snorkel provides tons of fresh cool air into the air intake. When the wind blows it looks like my hood is trying to come open and is a little uncomfortable watching it.

Reactions: Lanlubber

Lanlubber

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mimbres, NM, USA
Member #

Ham Callsign
No...actually, you can't really see but there's area below winch control and even under on the skid plate start where tons of air comes into the engine compartment. Also the snorkel provides tons of fresh cool air into the air intake. When the wind blows it looks like my hood is trying to come open and is a little uncomfortable watching it.
You'd really worry driving my LRD2. I cant close the hood all the way, because if I did I would never get it open again (hood cable broken, new one sitting in a box staring at me). Going down the road I have a rope across the hood to make sure it doesn't get past the safety latch. Any way as I drive down the road my hood looks like it is having lunch, scary thinking the rope might break. No over heating though !

Reactions: Chadlyb