Member Rides

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

Graeman

Rank V

Advocate I

North Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Somewhat new here. I have been traveling for quite some time. I have the JKU and the 4runner is the wife's new rig. Getting ready to head to AZ from MO. Looking forward to meeting up with some like minded folks.
View attachment 104633
Will you be moving or just visiting AZ? So many places to wheel here - you will love it. Remember slow and steady here in the desert.

Reactions: 4wheelspulling

Lanlubber

Rank V

Traveler III

Mimbres, NM, USA
Member #

Ham Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I really like your setup. I, too, have the struggles of fitting everything into a 2 door JK. But I love this thing.
I had a hard time ever moving on to a 4 door anything. 6 kids changed my mind pretty fast. I never let a 4 door keep me from going where I wanted too. Just a few more maneuvers took care of that..

Reactions: 4wheelspulling

Lanlubber

Rank V

Traveler III

Mimbres, NM, USA
Member #

Ham Callsign
Up northwest of Prescott enjoying the cooler weather. Starting to build it out now that I have moved to Tucson.
I love the Prescott area. Tucson is much like El Paso weather wise, and that is too hot for me now that I'm older and less tolerant of the weather. But you have to live where you make a living and cant always live where we really want to. Another reason to be an OB person, it keeps you sane.

Reactions: Graeman

Lanlubber

Rank V

Traveler III

Mimbres, NM, USA
Member #

Ham Callsign
That was a actually up north of Phoenix at Table Mesa. We have had quite a bit of rain and snow this year.
Nice place, I think I was there in 1974 but didn't stop in that area. I was on my way to Prescott.

Lanlubber

Rank V

Traveler III

Mimbres, NM, USA
Member #

Ham Callsign
I lived in Apache Jct. in the 70's.

Very cool place, but I never found the Lost Duchman mine...
Always wanted to go looking for it myself. After I looked at the mountain range where it was supposed to be I realized that the only way it can ever be found is to stumble across it. That terrane is awesome and spooky.

RadioRick

Rank IV

Advocate II

Springfield, OR, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Iverson
Member #

Ham Callsign
W7NB
Somewhat new here. I have been traveling for quite some time. I have the JKU and the 4runner is the wife's new rig. Getting ready to head to AZ from MO. Looking forward to meeting up with some like minded folks.
View attachment 104633
IMNSHO the two best overlanding rigs vehicles in the USA! Tough choice will be picking which to take.

Lanlubber

Rank V

Traveler III

Mimbres, NM, USA
Member #

Ham Callsign
IMNSHO the two best overlanding rigs vehicles in the USA! Tough choice will be picking which to take.
I like the looks of the 4runner and comfort. I doubt that there will ever be any sort of off road bumper built (pre runner style) for it because the grill area and size wont allow for mods the way previous 4runners have had. Be interesting to see what owners of this body style will do with it in the future. The jeep, same o, same o...It is what it is ! I doubt you will get a total agreement on both being the best of class. Ford, Chevy and Dodge owners will strongly disagree.

RadioRick

Rank IV

Advocate II

Springfield, OR, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Iverson
Member #

Ham Callsign
W7NB
I like the looks of the 4runner and comfort. I doubt that there will ever be any sort of off road bumper built (pre runner style) for it because the grill area and size wont allow for mods the way previous 4runners have had. Be interesting to see what owners of this body style will do with it in the future. The jeep, same o, same o...It is what it is ! I doubt you will get a total agreement on both being the best of class. Ford, Chevy and Dodge owners will strongly disagree.
Ford, Chevy, and Dodge owners have been fielding that argument for how long?

Lanlubber

Rank V

Traveler III

Mimbres, NM, USA
Member #

Ham Callsign
Ford, Chevy, and Dodge owners have been fielding that argument for how long?
LOL, cant argue that except in the field. Do you watch tough truck challenge. It's not the brand that wins, it's the ability of the truck and how it's built. Drivers have a lot to do with the ability of the truck as well.