First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I lived in Apache Jct. in the 70's.

Very cool place, but I never found the Lost Duchman mine...
Always wanted to go looking for it myself. After I looked at the mountain range where it was supposed to be I realized that the only way it can ever be found is to stumble across it. That terrane is awesome and spooky.

RadioRick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Springfield, OR, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Iverson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7NB
Service Branch
Army
Somewhat new here. I have been traveling for quite some time. I have the JKU and the 4runner is the wife's new rig. Getting ready to head to AZ from MO. Looking forward to meeting up with some like minded folks.
View attachment 104633
IMNSHO the two best overlanding rigs vehicles in the USA! Tough choice will be picking which to take.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
IMNSHO the two best overlanding rigs vehicles in the USA! Tough choice will be picking which to take.
I like the looks of the 4runner and comfort. I doubt that there will ever be any sort of off road bumper built (pre runner style) for it because the grill area and size wont allow for mods the way previous 4runners have had. Be interesting to see what owners of this body style will do with it in the future. The jeep, same o, same o...It is what it is ! I doubt you will get a total agreement on both being the best of class. Ford, Chevy and Dodge owners will strongly disagree.

RadioRick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Springfield, OR, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Iverson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7NB
Service Branch
Army
I like the looks of the 4runner and comfort. I doubt that there will ever be any sort of off road bumper built (pre runner style) for it because the grill area and size wont allow for mods the way previous 4runners have had. Be interesting to see what owners of this body style will do with it in the future. The jeep, same o, same o...It is what it is ! I doubt you will get a total agreement on both being the best of class. Ford, Chevy and Dodge owners will strongly disagree.
Ford, Chevy, and Dodge owners have been fielding that argument for how long?

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ford, Chevy, and Dodge owners have been fielding that argument for how long?
LOL, cant argue that except in the field. Do you watch tough truck challenge. It's not the brand that wins, it's the ability of the truck and how it's built. Drivers have a lot to do with the ability of the truck as well.

Murphy Slaw

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Southern Illinois
Member #

Always wanted to go looking for it myself. After I looked at the mountain range where it was supposed to be I realized that the only way it can ever be found is to stumble across it. That terrane is awesome and spooky.
We were young and dumb and brave and crazy. We rode dirt bikes all over those mountains back in the mid '70's, before there were any fences. We thought we were looking for it, but we were mostly just being crazy and young.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...…..

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
We were young and dumb and brave and crazy. We rode dirt bikes all over those mountains back in the mid '70's, before there were any fences. We thought we were looking for it, but we were mostly just being crazy and young.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...…..
I didn't know there are fences now but not surprised at all. I was there going to the dam with my family in 1974, so your lucky I didn't run over you if you were very wild. :coldsweat:

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign

00durango67

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Carmichael, CA, USA
First Name
Calvin
Last Name
cook
Member #

Where is El Dorado national forest (close to where). I use to life 65 miles NE of Sacramento in a place called Outingdale, near a little place called Weems. I've always wanted to go back there and may before I die.
Just outside of Pollock pines on highway 50 the Rubicon is only about 10 miles up the road from where I'm at

Reactions: DoggMan1163

RallyeX

Rank I

Contributor III

Southern California
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Williams
Our new Global Expidition Adventure truck. We bought at the Overland Expo West 2019. We picked it up at Global Expidition in Springfield Missouri on June 14. We did a nice trip thru Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada and then home to Southern California. So far the truck is great!

Attachments