Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Carmichael, CA, USA
First Name
Calvin
Last Name
cook
Member #

That's good to hear, I know you will enjoy, I was supposed to meet up with my Son over the fourth in Colorado but cant make it. How do you like your Durango " What model is it ? Have you had to make any Mods to it ? Are you set up with a kitchen or anything we should see ? Do you camp out ? Not being nosey, just want to bring you in to the fold ! Good to have you on board. Adios Amigo
its a 2000 rt with a 3 in lift and 32 in tire and locking transfer case just started the build i love this thing it go,s everywhere my brothers 2014 leep wrangler has gone ive been sleeping in sideof it at night but love to tent camp

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Just getting started. 2006 LR3 with complete service records.View attachment 109747View attachment 109748
What modifications are you planning. I didn't realize the 2006 had a tail gate, I thought that came later. I have a 2000 LRD2 with 101,000 miles and I'm the second owner. She is a gentle giant on the road or in the boondocks. I'm stock but "SHEILA" takes me anywhere I want to go. Have plans for a lift and 33" tires, Front and rear custom bumpers I plan to build as soon as I can get past a health problem that been plaguing me the past 4 months.
Looks like you may be planning a kitchen build with sleeping area. If you do keep us up to date on your build. Do you have the air suspension on your rig. I have similar plans but will sleep in a tent for comfort and roominess. I will be picking up a custom African roof rack on the 5th of August. It's all a one thing at a time build for me. Good luck
Lanlubber Jim

Reactions: DoggMan1163

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
its a 2000 rt with a 3 in lift and 32 in tire and locking transfer case just started the build i love this thing it go,s everywhere my brothers 2014 leep wrangler has gone ive been sleeping in sideof it at night but love to tent camp
What engine does it have. My 1984 Dodge ram 250 has the 361ci V8. It's a tough engine and I love my big truck. I don't know why I didn't put my time and money into making it my main trail rig but 10 mpg probably was the main reason. Still, for short local trips it is a really good off road or on road tuck. I will still use it when I feel the need of r a truck.

Attachments

00durango67

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Carmichael, CA, USA
First Name
Calvin
Last Name
cook
Member #

My build will be a bit more stealth. Current plans are to build a drawer system that will contain a kitchen pull out and a platform to sleep on. I will also invest in a 270 awning as well. My LR3 does have the air suspension in it.
f
that would be cool i just cant afford a draw fridge right now or that's what i would build is a platform that i can take in and out as needed

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
My build will be a bit more stealth. Current plans are to build a drawer system that will contain a kitchen pull out and a platform to sleep on. I will also invest in a 270 awning as well. My LR3 does have the air suspension in it.
My VA doctor has a 2016 LRD and was asking me if I knew where he could get a bumper with winch similar to the one you have. What brand of bumper do you have ?

Bode61

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Duke
Last Name
Spinelli
Member #

My VA doctor has a 2016 LRD and was asking me if I knew where he could get a bumper with winch similar to the one you have. What brand of bumper do you have ?
Honestly I do not know. I purchased the LR from an employee who was moving out west. She never took it off road and had all the service records.

Reactions: DoggMan1163

DoggMan1163

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Big Sandy, TX, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Beard
Member #

What engine does it have. My 1984 Dodge ram 250 has the 361ci V8. It's a tough engine and I love my big truck. I don't know why I didn't put my time and money into making it my main trail rig but 10 mpg probably was the main reason. Still, for short local trips it is a really good off road or on road tuck. I will still use it when I feel the need of r a truck.
A way to get the fuel mileage up is to put a 8 speed gear splitter in it my 2000 dodge went up to 16 mpg made it a lot more bearable to drive

DoggMan1163

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Big Sandy, TX, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Do they make such a thing for a three speed auto tran that I have ?
My Dodge ram pu is 4 speed automatic it actually attaches just behind the transmission and just ups the gears before it gets to the drive tires the co that put mine on is called 8 speed gear vender I get my best mileage actually pulling a trailer