Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Our new Global Expidition Adventure truck. We bought at the Overland Expo West 2019. We picked it up at Global Expidition in Springfield Missouri on June 14. We did a nice trip thru Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada and then home to Southern California. So far the truck is great!
Oh when your smiling "I am smiling"- you should be too !

JoelIII

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

Our new Global Expidition Adventure truck. We bought at the Overland Expo West 2019. We picked it up at Global Expidition in Springfield Missouri on June 14. We did a nice trip thru Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada and then home to Southern California. So far the truck is great!
How many kidneys did you have to sell for that beast? Looks awesome!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Yes I will be camping here tell the 7th of July very beautiful up here this year first time in a long time the forest has looked healthy
That's good to hear, I know you will enjoy, I was supposed to meet up with my Son over the fourth in Colorado but cant make it. How do you like your Durango " What model is it ? Have you had to make any Mods to it ? Are you set up with a kitchen or anything we should see ? Do you camp out ? Not being nosey, just want to bring you in to the fold ! Good to have you on board. Adios Amigo

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Do you have issues with your engine overheating? The radiator seems pretty well blocked off from fresh air.
No...actually, you can't really see but there's area below winch control and even under on the skid plate start where tons of air comes into the engine compartment. Also the snorkel provides tons of fresh cool air into the air intake. When the wind blows it looks like my hood is trying to come open and is a little uncomfortable watching it.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
No...actually, you can't really see but there's area below winch control and even under on the skid plate start where tons of air comes into the engine compartment. Also the snorkel provides tons of fresh cool air into the air intake. When the wind blows it looks like my hood is trying to come open and is a little uncomfortable watching it.
You'd really worry driving my LRD2. I cant close the hood all the way, because if I did I would never get it open again (hood cable broken, new one sitting in a box staring at me). Going down the road I have a rope across the hood to make sure it doesn't get past the safety latch. Any way as I drive down the road my hood looks like it is having lunch, scary thinking the rope might break. No over heating though !

Reactions: Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

You'd really worry driving my LRD2. I cant close the hood all the way, because if I did I would never get it open again (hood cable broken, new one sitting in a box staring at me). Going down the road I have a rope across the hood to make sure it doesn't get past the safety latch. Any way as I drive down the road my hood looks like it is having lunch, scary thinking the rope might break. No over heating though !
Before I stuffed the LED light bar in the hood scoop, it was way worse. It would actually lift and I could just imagine it slam into the windshield. Seen enough videos on that. It's seems a lot more stable now and I like the look. A rope would just put the pucker factor over the top.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Before I stuffed the LED light bar in the hood scoop, it was way worse. It would actually lift and I could just imagine it slam into the windshield. Seen enough videos on that. It's seems a lot more stable now and I like the look. A rope would just put the pucker factor over the top.
Pucker LMAO....cant wait to get some armor on my rig so it will look like an adult instead of a child. It won't make her perform any better I know but I like the steroid look. Yours looks like it just ate the family cat and waiting for the neighbors dog next.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
This is one serious rig!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
This is one serious rig!
I wonder what the insurance on it will cost ? What kind of off road performance can one expect from a rig like this ?
Not being negative, just really curious. I'd like to see it in action and know it's limitations if it has any !

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I wonder what the insurance on it will cost ? What kind of off road performance can one expect from a rig like this ?
Not being negative, just really curious. I'd like to see it in action and know it's limitations if it has any !
Yes a lot of questions for this bad boy! [emoji1417]