Greensboro NC
First Name
Sid
Last Name
C
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
working on it
Sorry Sir but this is the last vehicle I would take off roading farther than a golf course parking lot. Not that it cant do it, but I wonder who would want to use it that way. Beware folks, this is dangerous propaganda. LOL
I would...Porsche's been there and done that... :grin:

Tupenny

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder I

Longwood, Florida
First Name
Boulder
Last Name
Dash
Member #

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I would've loved to see you on the Tail. I've (regrettably) recently sold my FG touge monster. You're either the envy or the bane of all tuners that day lol! Glad you're doing it
I doubt that one is his, if it is, he is playing with a different group than I am. That one would be in the Elite class for sure.

dr_r2r

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chicago
Sorry Sir but this is the last vehicle I would take off roading farther than a golf course parking lot. Not that it cant do it, but I wonder who would want to use it that way. Beware folks, this is dangerous propaganda. LOL
There’s always the Cayenne Transsyberia, a lightly modified street legal Cayenne that has won the Transsyberia race 3 times in a row. It has lockers and disconnecting sway bars straight from the factory.
photo_20190716102606_6554159_0.jpgIMG_0152.JPGIMG_1753.JPGIMG_1752.JPGIMG_1750.JPGIMG_0962.JPG

Reactions: PatricL and Msfitoy

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
There’s always the Cayenne Transsyberia, a lightly modified street legal Cayenne that has won the Transsyberia race 3 times in a row. It has lockers and disconnecting sway bars straight from the factory.
View attachment 115951View attachment 115952View attachment 115954View attachment 115955View attachment 115956View attachment 115957
Strictly competition for the Elite but if you can afford one go for it. I love racing but I wouldn't take a race car out camping, I'd take it to the races. Lets get real world in OB Please.

dr_r2r

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chicago
A little bit hot here. I just thought that this is a thread about member’s ride. No need to argue if it’s a capable overlander or not. It’s the journey, not the ride.

dr_r2r

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chicago
Completely wrong my friend. Why not just google the price of a used Cayenne? It’s not an elaborate rig. It came straight from the factory with standard regular options as you would be getting from Toyotas or Jeep.

Reactions: Kwlewis

Msfitoy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Greensboro NC
First Name
Sid
Last Name
C
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
working on it
Learn something new everyday...who knew a Cayenne was a serious off roader:sunglasses:

dr_r2r

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chicago
We are not talking about a stock factory Cayenne here. You are showing us a highly modified Cayenne and expensive racing machine. Is it yours ? Your original post was of a vehicle in my mind, too be beautiful to be used as an off road vehicle. I don't doubt the ability of your vehicle, anything can be made to go or do whatever you want it to do with enough money. Then you showed us a pic of a very expensive racing Porsche that I have been relating to with my comments. You said it was yours, I said I didn't thing so. Why would you show us a racing off road Porsche on an OB forum about Overland bound rigs.? Clearly there is something wrong with this conversation. I don't want to see pictures of vehicles that are not OB related on a OB forum, or vehicles that are not your own. If you own all the vehicles you have posted then I am right, I am not in your league and I don't consider your rigs OB material other than the rig you showed at the beginning of your posts. Just trying to sort this post out so there is not a misunderstanding on both our parts.
I was only replying to you in chronological order. Re-read the posts to clear things up, specially post #1355 which was before I posted the Transsyberia pictures. Because all the pictures I posted before your comment was mine. I only posted the Transsyberia pictures in addendum to the previous post of the Paris Dakar 959 and to show that it is a very capable off roader/overlanding rig.
The Transsyberia is nothing else than a stripped down Cayenne S with off road tires and safety cage. You can order the Cayenne straight from the factory with an off road technology package. The original 25 Transsyberia Cayenne costs around $100k from the last sale and not $500k because it's now a collectors item. Nothing more than a well optioned Land Cruiser. The first time a Cayenne won the Transsyberia race was from privateers and not factory backed.
I only posted a picture of my ride since this is a member's ride thread. Is there a maximum cost limit of rig as to who can post? I don't think I'm in a different field. Just an unusual choice of rig perhaps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Msfitoy

dr_r2r

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chicago
My reference in #1355 was about your #1352 post. I said it was not your car and you came back and said it was. That's when I said if it was yours then we were not in the same league. One of us or both were confused by the others statements. I asked you if the cayenne race car was yours and you didn't answer, so why shouldn't I presume you were the owner of both race cars you posted.

I said at the beginning of my post to you I liked your rig, thought it was too nice IMO to be an off road vehicle and jest with you about using a nicely manicured lawn for your picnics.

You clarified your comments to me so I hope my comments will be more clear to you. I still say I would never off road anything with the Porsche name on it because I believe it is or will be very valuable just like all the other Porsches I have ever seen and you have shown in your posts. I never said a Porsche was not capable of racing or off roading.

Cost of your rig had nothing to do with this conversation. I could care less about what you spend.

As for off roading, I didn't see one pin scratch on your rig, it looks more like it's going to a car show. When you take it to Moab send me some pictures of it on that trail.
But I didn’t post #1352?
It was Msfitoy who posted it....
I do have videos of it off roading, but it’s too big to upload.

Last edited:

Reaper XJ

Rank 0

Traveler I

Just bought this a couple months ago. So far with the small lift kit and tires, it has gained about 3" of lift in the front and 2.5" in the rear. With the small lift and wheel spacers it allowed me to get some 265/70-17 BFG KO2's under there. It's a work in progress and will be slowly adding to it. I'm not going to be doing serious crawling or anything with it it. But a some overlanding and camping are in its future. Next mod will be a decent roof basket. View attachment 116050View attachment 116050PSX_20190830_142433.jpgPSX_20190830_143254.jpgPSX_20190830_143901.jpgPSX_20190830_144115.jpgPSX_20190830_144309.jpgPSX_20190830_144955.jpgPSX_20190830_145149.jpgPSX_20190830_152541.jpgPSX_20190830_152653.jpg