Launch Member

Member III

Medina, OH
First Name
James
Last Name
Parada
Member #

Greetings from Ohio! This is quite literally the moment I fell in love with overlanding (and it was just a picnic on the beach). Slowly adapting and modifying my 2010 SR5 into an overlanding rig. Very excited at the adventures to come.

IMG_20160630_134518_01.jpg

“I’m drawn to the open country. It's where everything is clear, where the world makes the most sense. When I put myself out there I always return with something new. A friend once told me the best journeys answer questions that in the beginning you didn't even think to ask.” -Jeff Johnson

NC-Trooper

US SouthEast Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

Hey everyone,

My name is John and I'm from just outside of Charlotte, NC. I just recently bought a ratty 1999 Isuzu Trooper that I am in the process of fixing up to and converting into a overland rig. I am all about doing stuff myself and on a budget.

I would say I have extensive camping experience and I have moderate off-roading experience but only for very short distances. I am looking forward to combining 2 things that I love and I am really thankful to have come across OB.

dj775

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hey everyone,

I'm located in Plano, TX. Just purchased a 2017 4Runner TRD Off-Road after many jeeps. I've been part of the Overland community on and off since 2006 due to a challenging career. Look forward to joining you on the trail for great adventures.

I'll upload pics as soon as we get her ready!

TRD Taco 2017

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Tempe
Member #

IMG_0518.JPG Hello all! I am OB3740 and am currently located in the Phoenix, AZ area. I have a 2017 QuickSand TRD OF Taco that is currently stock, but I cannot wait to start turning this into my ultimate Overland rig! I am new to Overlanding, but 4 wheeling has been a staple in my life since I can remember.

IMG_0455.JPG IMG_0504.JPG [/ATTACH] IMG_0460.JPG

Last edited:

Eugene_RUS

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Russia, Krasnodar city
Member #

Hello Eugene! I'm fairly new to the group myself, but since I'm in Alaska I figure we're almost neighbors! As to your map place showing as red, that is what you see when are viewing the map from your log in page, the rest of us will see you as yellow. It's the same for me, when I'm logged in, I see myself on the map as red but I see you as yellow. To "upgrade" your account, go to your "profile" and scroll down on the left side the the "Upgrade Account" button. This will give you the option of upgrading to a fee based monthly subscription if you like. I do not believe this upgrade is something you have to do. Hope this helps!
Tnx my friend! Many days I can not come to forum. Security....(
Thanks for your help. I could not answer. The forum did not post my messages.

Reactions: AKBushDag

MaceBewley

Rank 0

Off-Road Ranger I

Rogers,AR
First Name
Mace
Last Name
Bewley
Ham/GMRS Callsign
WJ5NWA
Hey Now!!

I'm Mace from NorthWest Arkansas. Wooo Pig Sooie!!
Got my first Jeep an 04 special edition, haven't started actually building on it as I wanted to go through it and make sure it was mechanical sound first. Always been an avid outdoorsman (when my trucking job and family duties allow it). Looking forward to good conversation and hopefully learning a bit!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gregol

Rank 0

Traveler I

• Driver : Gregory aka Gregol
  • Name : Troopydelic
  • Year : 1999
  • Model : Toyota Land Cruiser HZJ75
  • Engine : 1HZ N/A 4.2 D
  • New 2016 : Full (higher) Terrain Tamer suspension, secondary 12v battery, rear diff. E-lock, Safari snorkel, Truck-Lite LED headlamps, Bridgestone Dueler A/T 215/80R16
  • Already on : Secondary fuel tank, TJM bar
  • Near future : Water tank, interior bed conversion, fog light and rear work light, recovery gears, bigger wheels
  • In two years : Alu-Cab rooftop conversion, solar panels, fridge
  • social media : @troopydelic

Last edited:

JKU Overlander

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Niles, OH US
Member #

20161223_111920.jpg Nate Britton here out of northeast Ohio. I drive a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. I'm new to the overland scene. My sister (another new member here) is just a few days away from a long anticipated delivery of a brand new special order 2017 Toyota 4-Runner TRD Pro. So naturally, we are looking forward to some off road adventures together this year and we were both drawn to Overland Bound due to its non-specific definition of overlanding as well as the non competitive nature of the network. Looking forward to meeting some great people here.

d_rick

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Phoenix Metropolitan Area, AZ, USA
First Name
d
Last Name
rick
Member #

Hi, new member - found you guys via YouTube videos, looked really cool.

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
can't post a link yet, will add this later
2) Location (General area is fine)
Silicon Valley, CA
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
2016 JKUR
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)
None - n00b

Looking forward to learning how i can better build my rig up for camping / excursion use and hope to learn from the members on how to do so.

Thanks!

Attom

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Middle Tennessee
Member #

Name: Adam

Rigs: 2000 LX470,
96 Montero SR,
94 Montero LS (rolled this one a few years ago, very slowly working at removing the body and replacing with a tube frame, honestly will probably be junk from sitting so long before I'm done).

Experience: Novice, don't know how it took me so long to find overlanding, it is a perfect fit for my family and me.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Wide Five Aaron

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Litchfield, OH
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Badertscher
Member #

Can't post links yet due to post count, but have some up on IG @overlandbus

Rigs: '98 4Runner Daily driver, but built to head into the wilderness
'64 VW Bus Building this now, kind of just for kicks.
'09 FJ Cruiser Wife's rig.
Overlanding Experience: Lots of on road experience doing 2,000+ miles trips in old VW Buses. My off road experience is extremely limited. Looking forward to changing that though!

Thanks!

Edit: Got pix to werk.

IMG_20170309_163346_735.jpg

IMG_20170312_183933_944.jpg

Last edited:

@advanturing

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Auckland, New Zealand
Member #

Hi Overland Bound - we are @advanturing and excited to be here in this network. We are from New Zealand but join us as we first build out, then explore the parks & backroads of the Pan-American continent in our Sportsmobile 4x4 Sprinter Van. 2017 is our 2nd year living on the road and we look forward to driving to Overland Expo in Flagstaff in May before heading north to Yukon and Alaska. Our van is a lowroof 2016 Sprinter 4x4 144 with Sportsmobile conversion and poptop by the team in Fresno. All the photos of our trip and adventure to date are on Instagram. Look forward to seeing you on the trail. Eze 34:25
IMG_1728.JPG

chrispartida

Rank VI

Advocate II

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Partida
Member #

Hello all,
New member (as of Nov. 2016) #3276 from Los Angeles, CA.

Goodness. Apologies to whoever the real OB# 3276 is. I hadn't realized that I had been typing my # incorrectly on my phone since I downloaded the app - and even had it wrong in my signature.

I've since corrected it, and wish I could go back and update it anywhere it's been posted. Drat.

-CP TACO
OB #2376

WhiskeyIsMySpiritAnimal

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Scottsdale AZ
Member #

Hello,

My name is Rob, I'm happy to be joining Overland Bound. My wife and I just moved to Scottsdale AZ from Kansas City so we are eager to get out and explore the west. I am a total novice to Overlanding as well as Off-Roading as there just isn't much opportunity for it in the Midwest. I am however very familiar with the car camping concept as I've been doing it since a kid.

Our rig is a 2017 Subaru Forester XT, soon to be joined by another Subaru Forester XT in Dec. No mods yet except the roof basket, I'm thinking one will get lifted and the other lowered as a canyon carver. We'll see.

Here are some pictures of the rig on our recent adventures and a bonus pic of Guinness the Adventure Dog

P1060771.jpg
IMG_6542.JPG IMG_6226.JPG IMG_7255.JPG P1060766.jpg P1060335.jpg IMG_7552.JPG P1050793-1.jpg
P1060752.jpg

Attachments

DuncNasty08

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Visalia, CA
Member #

Hey everybody! had my badge for about a month now but just now getting the profile going on here!
Name is travis, OB# 3594. originally from Bakersfield, CA. Spent the last 9 years in the Army. Currently in Concord, CA (East bay San Fran area). I've got a 2012 Toyota Tacoma double cab/short bed. Nothing major done to it yet. Bilstein 5100's front and back, Tepui RTT over the bed, Arsenal 50" curved light bar on Cali-raised LED brackets, 2 arsenal offroad ditch lights mounted on Rago Fabrication ditch light brackets. Not too much "Overlanding" experience, but plenty of camping experience around the Kern County CA area 16603060_712404318938494_2341075001988112098_n.jpg 13901332_613181435527450_180901777141241258_n.jpg 14355018_10206893951619063_359104287199899728_n.jpg