• HTML tutorial

Jarrid OB#3992

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Missouri City, TX
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hello, I'm Jarrid a new member to OB. currently in the Houston, TX area and own a 2015, Jeep Sport Unlimited. Thanks for the warm welcome to the OB community and look forward to meeting other members out on the trail or wherever adventure takes us.

Last edited:

Henrik Strand

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Exeter, New Hampshire
Member #

Hello everyone!
My name is Henrik Strand, and I live in Exeter, New Hampshire. I have about a year of actual overlanding experience, but I have been camping and hiking for many years. My girlfriend and I both love new adventures and exploring in our rig, named "Rosie." Rosie is a 2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. We're super excited to finally be a part of this awesome community!

DTK406

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Montana
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kno
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF7VUT
Service Branch
Coast Guard 90-97
Hello everyone! We are Tim and Deb.
We live in northern Montana
We do a lot of camping and exploring but not much in off-road exploring.
Looking to start our off-road adventures.
Our vehicle right now is a Ford F-150.
Hoping to build a Overland vehicle in the near future.

LeeCollins

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Moncks Corner, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Collins
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey folks, Lee Collins here.

I live in Acworth, GA - a suburb north of the sprawling city of Atlanta, and I'm currently driving a 2014 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited (or a 2001 BMW 650GS).

As for Overlanding and off-roading, I've been at it for about 20 years now and still much to learn so I consider myself upper intermediate in experience. (School is never out for the pro.) I've utilized the typical vehicles in the past for my adventures: Land Rover Discovery, Toyota FJ, Jeep Wrangler, etc... but decided to go in a different direction for the next chapter of my journey. After immense amounts of research I finally settled on the Outback because of its good road manners, decent fuel economy, and light capability. And, of course, I had to have the 6-cylinder engine, so I waited until the perfect 3.6R showed up.

The transformation started the week I bought her with upgrading the tires to BFG ATKO2 225/65-17 (shown below). Next will come underbody protection and basic lighting. Much of my other gear (camping supplies, etc) transfers smoothly from the other vehicles they have equipped in the past. The intention is "minimalistic yet capable adventures" for the Outback.

I look forward to sharing my journey with you because, as we all know, life begins where the pavement ends.

Attachments

Last edited: