Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
Hello Pete here aka Rozyboom

Rig: 2009 JKU Rubicon - Stock as of now :)

Overlanding Experience Background: Umm I would say novice. New to Jeeping overall but have already done a little off-roading. Looking for trails in the Midwest to access on the weekends to develop my skills for longer treks. Signed up for 3 2017 Jeep Jamboree USA events - WI, IN, and WY. Really want to learn how to drive my rig on/over/thru anything I throw at it without making it a massive crawler.

Otherwise, I'm a adventure/adrenaline nut! I do it all. Skiing, Mountain Biking, Stand Up Paddle Boarding, Hiking, Camping, Climbing, and the list goes on and on. I needed a vehicle that could keep up, haul my gear, and have some fun with which brought me to a Jeep.

Few Rig shots from latest road trip :)

My hometown is Mora Mn. Ever heard of it?

Reactions: OffworldOverland

Andrew24

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

GTA Ontario
Member #

20170218_113326.jpg IMG_0348.JPG View attachment 17791

Rig :2015 Colorado Z71 extended cab with 4x4, 2 inch level 1 inch rear block, 32 inch curved light bar, 1.5 inch bora spacers, blacked out interior trim, 20% tint all around trifecta tune. Originally bought it to haul my boat and atv's but here i am slowly turning it into an all purpose truck for back country camping.

Location: Toronto area aswell as north eastern ontario ( time is split 60/40)

Experience: overlanding basically none but have ridden atv's and snowmobiles most of my life.

Last edited:

macr88

Rank VI
Launch Member

Protector II

Emmett, ID, USA
First Name
Mac
Last Name
Raslan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7TLH or GMRS WRBM678
Service Branch
Sweet District II
View attachment 17791

Rig :2015 Colorado Z71 extended cab with 4x4, 2 inch level 1 inch rear block, 32 inch curved light bar, 1.5 inch bora spacers, blacked out interior trim, 20% tint all around trifecta tune. Originally bought it to haul my boat and atv's but here i am slowly turning it into an all purpose truck for back country camping.

Location: Toronto area aswell as north eastern ontario ( time is split 60/40)

Experience: overlanding basically none but have ridden atv's and snowmobiles most of my life.
The pics aren't showing :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

macr88

Rank VI
Launch Member

Protector II

Emmett, ID, USA
First Name
Mac
Last Name
Raslan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7TLH or GMRS WRBM678
Service Branch
Sweet District II
how about now? i deleted them and reuploaded.
I can see them now! thank you
Looks good!

We got ours to tow a travel trailer but I've always been into exploring and camping in remote locations.

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hi Everyone - C.Fry here

Just bought a 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport - but it's way to clean and new to post a picture. It needs a few upgrades and some quality off road time! Speaking of which, my first request for this forum - Can anyone recommend a reliable/trustworthy mechanic to help me add components to my jeep? First up is to add a ARB Compressor so tire pressure adjustment is easier.

We are in San Francisco

I've got some very limited overlanding experience riding along with friends, but decades of time in the outdoors getting as far away on foot as possible from civilization. Can't wait to take the vehicle out there!
Welcome! Lots of folks in SF. It was in SF that I first saw Mike and Corrie (founders of OB) as I drove my rover over the bay bridge. [emoji1303]

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hey, new member here. I'm over in Jersey. I drive a heavily modified 02 Disco. It's a project I've been working on for some time but there are a few changes I intend to make after my last trip. Which brings me to the experience section. I don't have that much but the wife and I recently completed the Trans-America Trail. Took us about 2 months but we were in no hurry. And if there are any Disco guys out there, I'd love to pick your brain!

Welcome! Great seeing more Rovers. Amazing Disco, you've done a great job building it up.

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hey all. I'm new here and definitely glad I joined. Hopefully I can learn a few things to help me along the way. Looking forward to get my Xterra out and explore the New England area. Looking forward to taking my kids out on some adventures. Love to get out to the Moab area or even up north someday.
Welcome! There are a few folks from New England. Those in MA we are putting together a meet and greet soon.

Reactions: CapeXterra

Bayrak

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hey everyone Im Matt. Spend most of my time between Victoria BC and Calgary AB up in Canada (although I get down near Eurika MT often during the summer).

My vehicle is a 2008 DCLB Tacoma (Trail Limo, I know) with a few goodies. Most recent addition is the flippac.

I have some experience with shorter trips (day / overnight) but am hoping to change that into more full week/weekend trips now that I no longer need to sleep in a ground tent.

IMG_20170227_142730_421.jpg

CO_Justin

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Olivehurst, CA
Member #

Hey there. I am Justin and I'm located out in Northern California (Sacramento area). I have a '17 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR ACLB. So far I don't have much overland experience, but am trying to learn as much as I can! I have done some traveling via motorcycle through the rockies and Europe, but now I want to get to more places in my truck.

Larojoe

Rank 0

Traveler I

Haarlem
Hello, I'm Joey aka Larojoe;-)

Rig: Land rover Defender 110 station 1983
Experience: Got some experience with different offroad competitions

When my our car is finished i want to travel all over Europe with my wife and kids.

VanDubs

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Huntersville, NC
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4FYV
Hey y'all! Dan here (chops749)

upload_2017-3-1_9-35-27.jpeg

Rig: 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR DCSB
Experience: Moderate. I spent a lot of time in CO exploring around the front range, made the pilgrimage to Moab, Grand Canyon, and Cortez CO (Phylls World rocks!). I have done plenty of driving across country visitng family back home in NC, as well as mvong a lot (thanks Uncle Sam!)

I love this lifestyle and cant wait to continue to enjoy what we can see in this great country! I love to play guitar (mediocrely for sure) and hang out with my 3 year old daughter Amelia who loves "Daddy's new truck!" She loves camping and I cant wait to continue to grow her love of the outdoors! I have a RTT that was on my wife's Subaru, and a rack on the way...looking forward to getting my build plan nailed down!

~Dan

Traveler I

PDX
Hello Overland Bound,

My name is Chris Dailey. I was raised in the northwest, I continue to live and work in the Portland area. I love the outdoors, I thrive on learning new skills, and sharing them! I am in the process of building an overland rig that fits my families needs, an '04 Sequoia. I really appreciate your founding principles Michael, I look forward to being a part of this community!

Thx, CD