Launch Member

Contributor I

Los Angeles, CA
Member #

Greetings everyone,

My Name is David (#1764)
I am from Los Angeles, California
My rig is a '13 Toyota Tacoma
I try to be in the woods as much as I can, but I still consider myself a novice.
I have been a member for a while now, but have only recently decided to prioritize myself over work, we only get one turn at this thing so lets not spend all the time we have working.

Here is my rig at some property I purchased in the eastern sierras last year.

Contributor I

Ames IA
Hello everyone,

My name is Matthew Dollenbacher, I currently go to school at Iowa State University so I reside in Ames Iowa, originally from Bettendorf, IA.

I love the outdoors, and really enjoy being on the water, weather in a boat, jetski, or just swimming. Other than water I love driving around and hitting trails. Not to many trails around me except class B roads.

I drive a 2004 Chevy Tahoe Z71. Only real overlanding mods right now are all terrain tires and new torsion keys up front. I have put in aftermarket headlights (hit a deer so I needed new headlights anyways), an aftermarket stereo, and some led lights on the inside.

My friends and I are going to The Land Between the Lakes for spring break in a couple weeks to go overlanding. This is our first big week long overlanding trip.

image000000.jpg

Last edited:

coondawg

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Alabama
Member #

image.jpeg Location: Central Alabama
Rig: '17 Tacoma 4x4 ( just beginning to work on set up so its stock )
Experience: been 4 wheeling a long time but just found out about overland so I'm a newbie.

Last edited:

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hey everyone Im Matt. Spend most of my time between Victoria BC and Calgary AB up in Canada (although I get down near Eurika MT often during the summer).

My vehicle is a 2008 DCLB Tacoma (Trail Limo, I know) with a few goodies. Most recent addition is the flippac.

I have some experience with shorter trips (day / overnight) but am hoping to change that into more full week/weekend trips now that I no longer need to sleep in a ground tent.

View attachment 17813
Welcome! I love that photo and your Tacoma. That year was one of my favorites in style, especially when built up.

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hey there. I am Justin and I'm located out in Northern California (Sacramento area). I have a '17 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR ACLB. So far I don't have much overland experience, but am trying to learn as much as I can! I have done some traveling via motorcycle through the rockies and Europe, but now I want to get to more places in my truck.
Welcome, Justin! Lots of OB members in northern CA, so you will surely have some fun. Did you have a BMW? I'm thinking of getting a 1200 adventure.

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hello, I'm Joey aka Larojoe;-)

Rig: Land rover Defender 110 station 1983
Experience: Got some experience with different offroad competitions

When my our car is finished i want to travel all over Europe with my wife and kids.
Welcome! Great having you here from Holland. Wonderful seeing another Defender - can't wait to see photos when done.

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hi new here.
new to overlanding as well. looking to get more involved in the tri-state area
here is my truck. its a little big lol. im fully aware theres many areas that wont be accessible for me with this haha

Welcome! Love your truck! I always have loved big trucks. Don't worry, even though it's big, still can be used for overlanding. My rover is tiny compared with your truck, but it's still fun. I took my rover to the northeast from out west and the terrain is so different. I find there to be narrow trails and very technical. Makes my rover feel big! Hahaha

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Knoxville Tn
04 Nissan Xterra
NOVICE. Usually just do some trail riding around the lakes. If a trail is seen a trail is taken. Would like to venture out of my zone so if anyone knows good areas nearby feel free to let me know.
Welcome! Love that vehicle! The Xterras are awesome, especially that mid 2000s year. I was in an off road park in CA and they were having an Xterra club meeting and I was so impressed.

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hey y'all! Dan here (chops749)

View attachment 17860

Rig: 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR DCSB
Experience: Moderate. I spent a lot of time in CO exploring around the front range, made the pilgrimage to Moab, Grand Canyon, and Cortez CO (Phylls World rocks!). I have done plenty of driving across country visitng family back home in NC, as well as mvong a lot (thanks Uncle Sam!)

I love this lifestyle and cant wait to continue to enjoy what we can see in this great country! I love to play guitar (mediocrely for sure) and hang out with my 3 year old daughter Amelia who loves "Daddy's new truck!" She loves camping and I cant wait to continue to grow her love of the outdoors! I have a RTT that was on my wife's Subaru, and a rack on the way...looking forward to getting my build plan nailed down!

~Dan
Welcome Dan! Awesome Tacoma. Those TRDs are amazing.

Reactions: VanDubs

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hello Overland Bound,

My name is Chris Dailey. I was raised in the northwest, I continue to live and work in the Portland area. I love the outdoors, I thrive on learning new skills, and sharing them! I am in the process of building an overland rig that fits my families needs, an '04 Sequoia. I really appreciate your founding principles Michael, I look forward to being a part of this community!

Thx, CD
Welcome Chris! Great having you here.

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Greetings everyone,

My Name is David (#1764)
I am from Los Angeles, California
My rig is a '13 Toyota Tacoma
I try to be in the woods as much as I can, but I still consider myself a novice.
I have been a member for a while now, but have only recently decided to prioritize myself over work, we only get one turn at this thing so lets not spend all the time we have working.

Here is my rig at some property I purchased in the eastern sierras last year.
Welcome David! Great looking Tacoma.

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hey all!

I'm Levi from Anchorage, AK. I've been driving for about twenty years. I'd rate myself somewhere between a novice and knowledgeable driver, but far from expert. I have a mostly stock '13 F150 FX4 with a few minor mods...
Welcome Levi. Wow, that's quite a great looking F150! Love AK!!!

Reactions: akmedic77