Member III

Concord, Contra Costa County, California, United States
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Thomsen
Member #

Hey there,

Have you ever been on a road trip….just driving and you notice a small dirt road that disappears way out in the distance…….and wonder “where does that go”.…..but then keep driving to your destination? Well, I want to make that turn and start taking these roads, start exploring to places I haven’t been.

Name is Paul, beginner in overlanding, the trail to Laurel Lake, Mammoth area, is about my speed for now. I love Alabama Hills and anything else up the 395 from Lone Pine to Mammoth. Wanting to go to Death Valley and start exploring trails all over south west Utah. Currently live in SoCal but will be relocating to Southwest Utah next year.

Vehicle is a 2015 GMC 2500HD 4X4 Duramax. 5 inch lift on 35s currently with just some basic light mods and recovery gear. Next step is Fab4 bumper so I can install a nice winch and some additional cube lights. I have a motor sports background and comfortable working on DIY installs.

When I was younger, I hiked across the Western US for years, climbed Mt Rainer, Mt Whitney 3X, etc - but today I am more into quad riding, kayaking, mountain biking and photography.

I joined here as I hope to learn on where to go, avoid mistakes, and see what mods work, what is necessary, nice to have, and what really isn’t, based on real world experience from those who are much more experienced than I.

Photography is one of my hobbies, and I like being able to get out in the middle of nowhere and do some Astrophotography of the night sky. The darker the area, the better. I literally could post pictures for weeks but will restrain myself to these few:
View attachment 252334View attachment 252335View attachment 252337View attachment 252338View attachment 252336View attachment 252343View attachment 252342View attachment 252340
Hey Paul, thanks for introducing yourself (and sharing your pictures), and welcome to Overland Bound from the East SF Bay Area!

JaredThomsen

Rank VI

Member III

Concord, Contra Costa County, California, United States
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Thomsen
Member #

Hi, let’s introduce myself

1)View attachment 252506
2) South of Brazil
3) 2012/13 Land Rover Discovery lifted (3”) with Johnson Rods and 255/55R19 BF boots!
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Newb
Hello Ramez, welcome to Overland Bound from Northern California in the USA!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

1)View attachment 252506
2) South of Brazil
3) 2012/13 Land Rover Discovery lifted (3”) with Johnson Rods and 255/55R19 BF boots!
Hi Ramez,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Awesome rig. Great photo.

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

1)View attachment 252506
2) South of Brazil
Hello Ramez, welcome to Overland Bound. Thank you for your service, I appreciate that greatly.

tsunamilogan05

Rank VII
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

Clarkesville, GA
First Name
Logan
Last Name
Stewart
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hello fellow enthusiasts!
I’m in the Phoenix metro area and run a 2001 4Runner that I bought new. It’s built to handle the AZ trails.
I’m intermediate at best and love new adventures and challenges! Looking forward to using this platform to connect with others in the area and experience some new spots, locally and out of area.
Welcome to the OB community and hello fellow enthusiast!

tsunamilogan05

Rank VII
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

Clarkesville, GA
First Name
Logan
Last Name
Stewart
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hey there,

Have you ever been on a road trip….just driving and you notice a small dirt road that disappears way out in the distance…….and wonder “where does that go”.…..but then keep driving to your destination? Well, I want to make that turn and start taking these roads, start exploring to places I haven’t been.

Name is Paul, beginner in overlanding, the trail to Laurel Lake, Mammoth area, is about my speed for now. I love Alabama Hills and anything else up the 395 from Lone Pine to Mammoth. Wanting to go to Death Valley and start exploring trails all over south west Utah. Currently live in SoCal but will be relocating to Southwest Utah next year.

Vehicle is a 2015 GMC 2500HD 4X4 Duramax. 5 inch lift on 35s currently with just some basic light mods and recovery gear. Next step is Fab4 bumper so I can install a nice winch and some additional cube lights. I have a motor sports background and comfortable working on DIY installs.

When I was younger, I hiked across the Western US for years, climbed Mt Rainer, Mt Whitney 3X, etc - but today I am more into quad riding, kayaking, mountain biking and photography.

I joined here as I hope to learn on where to go, avoid mistakes, and see what mods work, what is necessary, nice to have, and what really isn’t, based on real world experience from those who are much more experienced than I.

Photography is one of my hobbies, and I like being able to get out in the middle of nowhere and do some Astrophotography of the night sky. The darker the area, the better. I literally could post pictures for weeks but will restrain myself to these few:
View attachment 252334View attachment 252335View attachment 252337View attachment 252338View attachment 252336View attachment 252343View attachment 252342View attachment 252340

Welcome Paul and love the shots! Man, thats what I love about Overlanding/Exploring in general is the scenery and being outdoors!

tsunamilogan05

Rank VII
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

Clarkesville, GA
First Name
Logan
Last Name
Stewart
Member #

Service Branch
Army

1)View attachment 252506
2) South of Brazil

Nice rig! Welcome to the OB community!

Fat-Tire

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Elgin, Cook County, Illinois, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRYJ626

1)View attachment 252506
2) South of Brazil
Welcome to the OB community from Illinois.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello fellow enthusiasts!
I’m in the Phoenix metro area and run a 2001 4Runner that I bought new. It’s built to handle the AZ trails.
I’m intermediate at best and love new adventures and challenges! Looking forward to using this platform to connect with others in the area and experience some new spots, locally and out of area.
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey there,

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

1)View attachment 252506
2) South of Brazil