Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all! Wanted to do a quick intro of myself! I'm Cole, located in Mission, BC.

Currently I drive a 2019 JLU Rubicon, I just bought it and haven't done much to it yet but slowly we will get there!

I'm somewhere just beyond novice in my wheeling experience, I did have a jeep prior to this one (with a short stint driving a regular car) and have some experience but definitely still have lots to learn!
Welcome To Overland Bound Cole
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
North America
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thanks! Let’s explore this beautiful world
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
North America
App Tutorials
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Rup from tucson az
Here
Welcome to Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. SouthWest (AZ NM TX OK)
App Tutorials
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Our Local Expert in your area is @freak4life
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey there,

Have you ever been on a road trip….just driving and you notice a small dirt road that disappears way out in the distance…….and wonder “where does that go”.…..but then keep driving to your destination? Well, I want to make that turn and start taking these roads, start exploring to places I haven’t been.

Name is Paul, beginner in overlanding, the trail to Laurel Lake, Mammoth area, is about my speed for now. I love Alabama Hills and anything else up the 395 from Lone Pine to Mammoth. Wanting to go to Death Valley and start exploring trails all over south west Utah. Currently live in SoCal but will be relocating to Southwest Utah next year.

Vehicle is a 2015 GMC 2500HD 4X4 Duramax. 5 inch lift on 35s currently with just some basic light mods and recovery gear. Next step is Fab4 bumper so I can install a nice winch and some additional cube lights. I have a motor sports background and comfortable working on DIY installs.

When I was younger, I hiked across the Western US for years, climbed Mt Rainer, Mt Whitney 3X, etc - but today I am more into quad riding, kayaking, mountain biking and photography.

I joined here as I hope to learn on where to go, avoid mistakes, and see what mods work, what is necessary, nice to have, and what really isn’t, based on real world experience from those who are much more experienced than I.

Photography is one of my hobbies, and I like being able to get out in the middle of nowhere and do some Astrophotography of the night sky. The darker the area, the better. I literally could post pictures for weeks but will restrain myself to these few:
View attachment 252334View attachment 252335View attachment 252337View attachment 252338View attachment 252336View attachment 252343View attachment 252342View attachment 252340
Welcome to Overland Bound Paul
Don't hesitate to contact the SoCal Local Expert @Narbob for help or information.
Some contacts for local information are @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. West (HI CA NV)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Check out Overland Expo About WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Community!

PeuNeu, from Reno NV
The build has started of my 1997 Land Cruiser Prado 3L TurboDiesel. Can't wait to explore more and wider areas
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Rally Points
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
The “Reno Overlanding” OLB Meet-Up meets monthly, if you're interested check out the meet-up page on the forum for details. US West - Reno Overlanding Recurring Meetings and Trail Runs Thread

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello fellow enthusiasts!
I’m in the Phoenix metro area and run a 2001 4Runner that I bought new. It’s built to handle the AZ trails.
I’m intermediate at best and love new adventures and challenges! Looking forward to using this platform to connect with others in the area and experience some new spots, locally and out of area.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. SouthWest (AZ NM TX OK)
App Tutorials
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Our Local Expert in your area is @freak4life

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
hello, i have a 2013 silverado i am building at the moment. i am in montana, but travel looking for property around montana, and possibly the dakotas soon. pics soon, its snowing like crazy outside. lol
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Everyone,

I have a 2020 Jeep Gladiator. Little too beat up to get out backpacking like I used to, so built out the Overland rig to get carry me through the adventures into the great outdoors.
@Zombie is the Local Expert in your area
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)
App Tutorials
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Check out Overland Expo About EAST — Overland Expo®

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR

Currently I drive a 2019 JLU Rubicon, I just bought it and haven't done much to it yet but slowly we will get there!

I'm somewhere just beyond novice in my wheeling experience, I did have a jeep prior to this one (with a short stint driving a regular car) and have some experience but definitely still have lots to learn!
Cole, Welcome to Overland Bound! We are not far south of you in Washington State, you live in a beautiful area to explore. Very nice looking JL, a great platform to build and explore with .

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
HELLO
FROM SIMI VALLEY CA !!!!
Welcome to Overland Bound Adrian
Don't hesitate to contact the SoCal Local Expert @Narbob for help or information.
Some contacts for local information are @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. West (HI CA NV)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all. I'm new to this forum as well as new to the Overland scene. Just picked up a 2023 4Runner SR5 after trading in our 2022 Subaru Outback. We had hoped to keep the Outback but after my wife and I really took some time to reflect on how much we would like to explore the outdoors with our two toddlers, we figured the capabilities and towing capacity (ie. future Camper Trailer?) would fit the bill for us. I reside in Austin after moving here from DC back in 2022.

For us, we see just how important getting outside is for not just our kids, but also for us as well. There's no better benefit than being in nature, am I right?
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Some Local Experts are; in Texas @Roots66 & @Coreymol, and in the DFW area you can also contact @Prerunner1982
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE OVERLANDING AND OFF-ROAD EXPO // APRIL 21-22, 2023 // OZARK EMPIRE FAIRGROUNDS – SPRINGFIELD, MO

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi, let’s introduce myself

1)View attachment 252506
2) South of Brazil
3) 2012/13 Land Rover Discovery lifted (3”) with Johnson Rods and 255/55R19 BF boots!
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Newb
Greetings Ramez, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

Greetings Cole, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Been a “fan” for quite some time. Found ourselves slightly lost is Southern Az trying to follow BDR. Remembered that Overland Bound had an app and sure enough, app had the BDR route (in AZ) and we were not on it. signed up immediately and then used it to finish BDR seg 1 & 2. And the route definitely tested my rookie abilities.
Greetings Russ, welcome to Overland Bound!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

Hi Cole and welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Been a “fan” for quite some time. Found ourselves slightly lost is Southern Az trying to follow BDR. Remembered that Overland Bound had an app and sure enough, app had the BDR route (in AZ) and we were not on it. signed up immediately and then used it to finish BDR seg 1 & 2. And the route definitely tested my rookie abilities.
Hi Russ and welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from across the pond,
Bjoern

Fat-Tire

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Elgin, Cook County, Illinois, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRYJ626
Hello Everyone,

New to the forum and overlanding. Looking forward to meeting new people and learning a lot.
Welcome to the OB community from IL. Years ago, I used to live in Chandler and had a 65’ Landcruiser with a 383 stoker moter built for rock crawling. We loved that area for outdoor adventures. Glad to hear OB1 map was helpful and wouldn’t expect anything less. Here’s to many more adventures for you.