Henderson, Nevada, United States
First Name
David
Last Name
mountain
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Alertchief
New member who divides time between Henderson Nevada and Oregon ( not multnomah county lol) and love to meet new people and adventure. Love being out in all seasons and terrains. Picture is a rare time the twins are together. I am retired USAF and have lots of time to get out. Say hi if you are in my areas.
Mike thank you for saying hello. I live in Beaverton but most of my adventures are central and eastern Oregon. I’ll scan all the links when I have a bit more time but look forward to connecting on some fun adventures.
Hello David, Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. What part of Oregon do you reside in? This information helps us know who your closest member representative is.

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).

Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.

Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.

Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.

Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.

Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.

Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.

Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.

Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome David, and I hope to see you on the trails.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Reactions: Kent R

MT_AYON

Rank III

Enthusiast I

West Covina, CA, USA
First Name
Ayon
Last Name
Mitra
Member #

Hi Everyone!

New member here in the SoCal area and new to overlanding. Hoping to learn from the more experienced overlanders and off-roaders here. Very excited to start!

This is my rig! Its a 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad 4x4. I have had it since April, 2019 and have already put 25k miles on it. I am always making small updates to my vehicle and equipment and would love your input on that. So far I have added the following:

1. Better wheels and tires - Falken Wildpeaks on Method rims
2. Snugtop Campershell to secure and weatherize the bed
3. Electrical Upgrades like SwitchPros and additional outlets
4. Installed a CB for comms
5. Some cockpit mounts and upgrades
6. Upgraded headlight and fog lights
7. Added an air compressor

I have a 9-5 office job but I love the outdoors and photography. To that I am also adding overlanding and camping. I hope to one day explore all 50 states and most of the National Parks in the country. I think overlanding is the best way to do it! I hope to meet you on a trail some time soon!

Thank you!

Attachments

Last edited:

Defiant Offroad

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Virginia / Florida
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Force
Member #

Howdy,
I've lurked here and off and on for a couple of years, but recently decided to go ahead and join up. I'm located on the Eastern Shore of VA, but am originally from NE Florida (Duuuuuval).
My current rig is a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee (known affectionately as the JEEPASAUR):
  • 4.7L H.O. V8
  • 4" IRO Adjustable Short Arms w' 4" Springs and Bilstein 5125s
  • 242HD/Selec-Trac transfer case swap
  • Dana 30 up front, Dana 44a in the rear. Both w/ factory Vari-Lok diffs.
  • General Grabber X3s in 265/70/17
  • 3" Catback w/ Flowmaster series 70 muffler (original exhaust fell apart from trail damage)
I've been off-roading/exploring for 15+ years, almost exclusively in the Southeast. My game plan is a new vehicle in the next year, and hopefully start heading out west. As much as I love the ol' girl, I don't think she has a cross-country trip in her at this point.
I recently started filming some of my offroad shenanigans and putting it on Youtube. It's nothing special, but check it out if you have a minute: JEEPASAUR on Youtube

Kyle Alders

Rank I

Traveler I

Conroe, TX, USA
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Alders
Member #

Hello,

We have been looking for new things to do as a family and overlanding sounds like an awesome way for the family to get away and enjoy the great outdoors. For now we are just starting with the basic stuff and hope to learn more as we start making trips. I hope this site will help me find awesome places to go, meet new people, and serve as a guide for me when I have a question. For now we will be making our trips in the wife’s 4X4 Suburban. If it’s something we really enjoy we will look at buying a better off-road vehicle in the future. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

I almost got forgot to add my location. I am located in Conroe, Texas.

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

Hi Everyone!

New member here in the SoCal area and new to overlanding. Hoping to learn from the more experienced overlanders and off-roaders here. Very excited to start!

This is my rig! Its a 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad 4x4. I have had it since April, 2019 and have already put 25k miles on it. I am always making small updates to my vehicle and equipment and would love your input on that. So far I have added the following:

I have a 9-5 office job but I love the outdoors and photography. To that I am also adding overlanding and camping. I hope to one day explore all 50 states and most of the National Parks in the country. I think overlanding is the best way to do it! I hope to meet you on a trail some time soon!

Thank you!
Welcome, and I love the RIG. It's a great platform to build off. Can't wait to see more

Reactions: Kent R and MT_AYON

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

Howdy,
I've lurked here and off and on for a couple of years, but recently decided to go ahead and join up. I'm located on the Eastern Shore of VA, but am originally from NE Florida (Duuuuuval).
My current rig is a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee (known affectionately as the JEEPASAUR):
  • 4.7L H.O. V8
  • 3" Catback w/ Flowmaster series 70 muffler (original exhaust fell apart from trail damage)
I've been off-roading/exploring for 15+ years, almost exclusively in the Southeast. My game plan is a new vehicle in the next year, and hopefully start heading out west. As much as I love the ol' girl, I don't think she has a cross-country trip in her at this point.
I recently started filming some of my offroad shenanigans and putting it on Youtube. It's nothing special, but check it out if you have a minute: JEEPASAUR on Youtube
Welcome to the Family; Just Subscribed - #30... watching that run in Ocala brings back memories. I use to live in the Gables for work, and every weekend I would embark on some adventure from Key West, Bonita Springs, to Ocala in search of the best Pup playgrounds and pup beaches.
The Ol'Girl looks great.

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

Hello,

We have been looking for new things to do as a family and overlanding sounds like an awesome way for the family to get away and enjoy the great outdoors. For now we are just starting with the basic stuff and hope to learn more as we start making trips. I hope this site will help me find awesome places to go, meet new people, and serve as a guide for me when I have a question. For now we will be making our trips in the wife’s 4X4 Suburban. If it’s something we really enjoy we will look at buying a better off-road vehicle in the future. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Welcome, wishing you and your family a Happy Holiday Season.
The wife's 4X4 Suburban will work out just fine, and it's not like your planning for an Epic Family adventure that spans North America. The most important thing here is that you will enjoy your time outdoors with the Family so get out there and enjoy!

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

New member who divides time between Henderson Nevada and Oregon ( not multnomah county lol) and love to meet new people and adventure. Love being out in all seasons and terrains. Picture is a rare time the twins are together. I am retired USAF and have lots of time to get out. Say hi if you are in my areas.
Well let me start by saying; Thank you for your service, and Happy Holiday's. Welcome
The TWINS look great. Welcome to the Family, Happy Holidays, and let me close by saying - Thank you for your service and GB. Can't wait to see more

Reactions: Kent R and Ubiety

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

newbie here, bought a 96 land rover discovery 1 with a 5spd and 210k miles on it over the summer. After some basic maintenance and building a wooden platform in the back for storage and sleeping I've been absolutely loving it. Pic below was taken during a camping trip on ocracoke island NC in September.

View attachment 178854
Love the RIG; Welcome and Happy Holidays

Defiant Offroad

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Virginia / Florida
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Force
Member #

Welcome to the Family; Just Subscribed - #30... watching that run in Ocala brings back memories. I use to live in the Gables for work, and every weekend I would embark on some adventure from Key West, Bonita Springs, to Ocala in search of the best Pup playgrounds and pup beaches.
The Ol'Girl looks great.
Thanks!

I used to go play out in Ocala and Osceola fairly often when I still lived in FL. I try to make it back to one of them (or both) when I make a trip back home.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Hi Everyone!

Thank you!
Welcome to OB! Looking forward to seeing your photography!

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Howdy,
  • 4.7L H.O. V8
Welcome to OB Frank!

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Hello,

Welcome to OB! Take a look at Rally Point for events/meetups near you; IMO getting out with others is a great way to learn what works and what works better. Welcome!

AdventureMule

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Wilmington, DE
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Hunter
Hi, I'm Brad. I'm in Delaware.

I've been an off-road enthusiast for as long as I've known how to push three pedals, but never given much thought to overlanding until a few years ago. I've had a bunch of Wranglers in my days, a few four wheel drive trucks, an Xterra Pro-4X, and currently a 2014 Outback. The X and the Outback have really fueled my desire to get out and explore, not just get dirty for dirty's sake. I've decided to start planning a multi-day trek through parts of the MABDR with my two boys and the smaller of our two dogs. As part of this planning, I figured it was high time to start participating in this forum rather than just having a username.

Upgrades to the wagon include:

Stock sized Falken Wildpeak ATs
Banana button ( a la Mario Kart) for defending against tailgaters
Roof Rack

Things I'd like:

More functional interior mods, including storage solutions
Quality navigation system
Maybe some horsepower-adding stickers

Cheers!

Last edited:

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Hi, I'm Brad. I'm in Delaware.

I've been an off-road enthusiast for as long as I've known how to push three pedals, but never given much thought to overlanding until a few years ago. I've had a bunch of Wranglers in my days, a few four wheel drives trucks, an Xterra Pro-4X, and currently a 2014 Outback. The X and the Outback have really fueled my desire to get out and explore, not just get dirty for dirty's sake. I've decided to start planning a multi-day trek through parts of rite MABDR with my two boys and the smaller of our two dogs. As part of this planning, I figured it was high time to start participating in this forum rather than just having a username.

Upgrades to the wagon include:

Stock sized Falken Wildpeak ATs
Banana button ( a la Mario Kart) for defending against tailgaters
Roof Rack

Things I'd like:

More functional interior mods, including storage solutions
Quality navigation system
Maybe some horsepower-adding stickers

Cheers!
Welcome to OB Brad! Hope you have an awesome trip with the kiddos!

jcgraves3

NorthWest Region Member Rep's Portland OR
Investor

Influencer I

Crescent City, Putnam County, Florida, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Graves
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7RJJ
Hello Dan , Welcome to Overland Bound.

I am the Northwest Director. @jcgraves3 is your closest member representative.

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).

Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.

Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.

Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.

Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.

Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.

Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.

Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.

Lastly, we have a monthly conference call on the third Sunday of the month. Let's Talk Overlanding ( Generic Check-in ) - Overland Bound

Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome Dan and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Welcome to Overland Bound Dan!! Please reach out if you have a questions. Happy holidays!!

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Kyle (@Kyle Alders ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There are a couple of meet ups in the Houston area, Houston-Austin overnight camp and meetup Lake Somerville - Overland Bound & Taco Tuesday Truck Talk - Overland Bound
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am one of the SW Region Member Reps so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.