First Name
John
Last Name
Graves
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7RJJ
Hello Dan , Welcome to Overland Bound.

I am the Northwest Director. @jcgraves3 is your closest member representative.

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).

Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.

Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.

Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.

Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.

Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.

Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.

Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.

Lastly, we have a monthly conference call on the third Sunday of the month. Let's Talk Overlanding ( Generic Check-in ) - Overland Bound

Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome Dan and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Welcome to Overland Bound Dan!! Please reach out if you have a questions. Happy holidays!!

Reactions: Kent R and Ubiety

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Kyle (@Kyle Alders ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There are a couple of meet ups in the Houston area, Houston-Austin overnight camp and meetup Lake Somerville - Overland Bound & Taco Tuesday Truck Talk - Overland Bound
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am one of the SW Region Member Reps so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: Kent R and Ubiety

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi

Russell here from sunny scotland

Driving a discovery 5 2017

still building
Welcome to Overland Bound Russell.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @caspoint220
The Regional Director is @Polaris Overland
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

caspoint220

local Expert, West Europe
Launch Member

Steward I

Biblical Garden, Elgin, Scotland IV30 1HU, United Kingdom
First Name
Steve
Last Name
W
Member #

Hi

Russell here from sunny scotland

Driving a discovery 5 2017

still building
Hi mate! As Kent said, I'm your local rep, if you fancy, we have a Facebook group, Overlandbound - West Europe and a WhatsApp group chat depending on how active you would like to be.

We have a highly active core group and hope to see you soon!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, I'm Brad. I'm in Delaware.

I've been an off-road enthusiast for as long as I've known how to push three pedals, but never given much thought to overlanding until a few years ago. I've had a bunch of Wranglers in my days, a few four wheel drive trucks, an Xterra Pro-4X, and currently a 2014 Outback. The X and the Outback have really fueled my desire to get out and explore, not just get dirty for dirty's sake. I've decided to start planning a multi-day trek through parts of the MABDR with my two boys and the smaller of our two dogs. As part of this planning, I figured it was high time to start participating in this forum rather than just having a username.

Upgrades to the wagon include:

Stock sized Falken Wildpeak ATs
Banana button ( a la Mario Kart) for defending against tailgaters
Roof Rack

Things I'd like:

More functional interior mods, including storage solutions
Quality navigation system
Maybe some horsepower-adding stickers

Cheers!
Welcome to Overland Bound Brad
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @diabetiktaco
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,

We have been looking for new things to do as a family and overlanding sounds like an awesome way for the family to get away and enjoy the great outdoors. For now we are just starting with the basic stuff and hope to learn more as we start making trips. I hope this site will help me find awesome places to go, meet new people, and serve as a guide for me when I have a question. For now we will be making our trips in the wife’s 4X4 Suburban. If it’s something we really enjoy we will look at buying a better off-road vehicle in the future. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

I almost got forgot to add my location. I am located in Conroe, Texas.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @USStrongman & @Prerunner1982

Reactions: Keatonsmith

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy,
I've lurked here and off and on for a couple of years, but recently decided to go ahead and join up. I'm located on the Eastern Shore of VA, but am originally from NE Florida (Duuuuuval).
My current rig is a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee (known affectionately as the JEEPASAUR):
  • 4.7L H.O. V8
  • 4" IRO Adjustable Short Arms w' 4" Springs and Bilstein 5125s
  • 242HD/Selec-Trac transfer case swap
  • Dana 30 up front, Dana 44a in the rear. Both w/ factory Vari-Lok diffs.
  • General Grabber X3s in 265/70/17
  • 3" Catback w/ Flowmaster series 70 muffler (original exhaust fell apart from trail damage)
I've been off-roading/exploring for 15+ years, almost exclusively in the Southeast. My game plan is a new vehicle in the next year, and hopefully start heading out west. As much as I love the ol' girl, I don't think she has a cross-country trip in her at this point.
I recently started filming some of my offroad shenanigans and putting it on Youtube. It's nothing special, but check it out if you have a minute: JEEPASAUR on Youtube
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @JRElaxED & @Zombie

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Everyone!

New member here in the SoCal area and new to overlanding. Hoping to learn from the more experienced overlanders and off-roaders here. Very excited to start!

This is my rig! Its a 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad 4x4. I have had it since April, 2019 and have already put 25k miles on it. I am always making small updates to my vehicle and equipment and would love your input on that. So far I have added the following:

1. Better wheels and tires - Falken Wildpeaks on Method rims
2. Snugtop Campershell to secure and weatherize the bed
3. Electrical Upgrades like SwitchPros and additional outlets
4. Installed a CB for comms
5. Some cockpit mounts and upgrades
6. Upgraded headlight and fog lights
7. Added an air compressor

I have a 9-5 office job but I love the outdoors and photography. To that I am also adding overlanding and camping. I hope to one day explore all 50 states and most of the National Parks in the country. I think overlanding is the best way to do it! I hope to meet you on a trail some time soon!

Thank you!
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Folks,

Vince here. 2005 Tacoma DCLB. Had it for 4 years, so far have added only suspension & tires. Just had it painted, starting to order overlanding gear starting with sliders. Live in Georgia, hoping to move somewhere in UT/CO/WY in a year or so. No overlanding experience, just lots of annual backpacking in Montana & Wyoming...ready to start exploring with my truck also!View attachment 179193
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @rrjones2u & @Hank Outdoors

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, I’m from southern California and a newbie to overlanding.
I have a 2021 Toyota Tacoma off road and I love taking it out on the trails even stock.
Looking forward to getting out adventuring soon!!
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

mick_n_ca

Rank II

Enthusiast I

California, USA
First Name
Mick
Last Name
G
Member #

Good day Overland Bounders,

My name is Mick. I have some overland experience throughout the years but most recently been modifying my G55 to spend more significant time out and about. Hope to meet up with members and go overland exploring!

Hope everyone is being safe and enjoying time with family in these challenging times.

Keep rubber side down
Mick

Attachments

AdventureMule

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Wilmington, DE
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Hunter
Welcome to Overland Bound Brad
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @diabetiktaco
Thanks, Kent! I'll be checking it all out!

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good day Overland Bounders,

My name is Mick. I have some overland experience throughout the years but most recently been modifying my G55 to spend more significant time out and about. Hope to meet up with members and go overland exploring!

Hope everyone is being safe and enjoying time with family in these challenging times.

Keep rubber side down
Mick
Welcome to Overland Bound Mick.
If you could narrow down your location a bit it would help the Member Representatives steer you in the right direction.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody, Central Valley @TOMB
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Britt'sPilot

Rank I

Steward I

Fort Drum, New York, United States
First Name
Sawyer
Last Name
Sumrall
Service Branch
US Army Active Duty
Hey all! So, Overlanding. Long story short, I'm not an overlander or anything near it yet. Currently driving a 2011 GMC Sierra 1500 2WD, and located in the FT. Drum, NY area. Active duty soldier, outdoor lover, my outdoor experience is backpacking, camping, a little army survival stuff. Overlanding is something I really want to get into, and my wife and I are already looking at Rubicon's so we can get off on a good solid foot.

Kcswarren

Rank II

Traveler III

North Baltimore, OH, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Warren
Member #

Hello everyone,
Complete newb, wanting to get started.
I have a '15 Power Wagon that I'm wanting to build out.
I'm in NW Ohio, I've already found that there isn't much for overlanding in Ohio, other than some back roads in southern Ohio. Nice to learn of opportunities in nearby states tho.

Matt Bagne

Rank II

Contributor III

Placentia, CA, and Lake Arrowhead, CA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Bagne
Member #

Hello All
I have 4WD experience more than 30 years ago in a Chevy Blazer with my family growing up, but I am really a Ford enthusiast (learned to drive in a Mustang in the 70's). Don't have a rig now but a Ford Bronco is reserved so it will be a handful of months yet . . . just getting an early start here, LOL!
I live fulltime in Placentia, CA (Orange County) but spend a lot of time in Lake Arrowhead CA as well.
Looking forward to this renewed passion unfolding, and happy to be a member as I learn more about today's world of overland adventure.