Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New Member Here
Rig: 1992 MITSUBISHI DELICA
Experience: Have a little experience but have the need for adventure.View attachment 178776
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representatives to you are @A-Aron & @Knitron
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey guys, Mike here, from Long Island, New York. I look forward to getting out and planning some overland trips with my new Gladiator Launch Edition. Have already started building it up and will continue to do so until I’m completely broke haha. I have a pretty deep back ground with jeeps and off-roading. Have built probably 7-8 rigs at this point, I also have a 2005 wrangler rubicon unlimited(LJ). That vehicle will be going back under the knife to become a full time rock crawler/trailer queen since the gladiator showed up.

Am currently planning to run a bit of the Trans New Jersey Trail this upcoming weekend with a buddy, in the gladiator and his JL, if any one will be out there let us know, would love to link up with some other members.

Glad to be here, Mike D,
Aspect Overland
Welcome to Overland Bound Mike.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @OVRLNDER
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all,
I just stumbled onto overland bound. I live in southern Maryland(new to the area). My Rig is a 2015 Unlimited Jeep Wrangler JK. I am looking forward to exploring the Northeast. Still learning wrt to off-road skills and overloading.

Cheers!
JayView attachment 178692
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @cgflyer

tnunn90

Rank III

Pathfinder II

Albuquerque, New Mexico 87112, United States
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Nunn
Member #

Hey guys, my name is Tyler Nunn (30), live in Albuquerque, NM. My Rig is a 2016 Ram 1500 with minimal modifications so far. I have a camper shield with self built lockable drawers in the bed of the truck and running on BF Goodyear 275/65 All Terrain tires. First, upgrade I’m looking to do will be replacing running boards with rock-sliders. I look forward to meeting those in the community and hopefully hit the trails with some people.

Attachments

RamBound

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Wisconsin, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Besch
Member #

Hello! My name is Josh and I'm Excited to be Part of the Group.

Location - Wisconsin
Rig - None Currently. Sold my Jeep Rubicon last year and now have a Bronco on Order and will get delivery on that (fingers crossed) mid 2021.
Experience - Zero Overland Experience, but I grew up camping, hiking, etc. and also love cars, modifications, etc. This combines 2 interests of mine and I'm ready to get started.

Thanks!

Reactions: Kent R and Iwata77

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Tyler (@tnunn90 ) , welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am one of the SW Region Member Reps, @USStrongman is also a Member Rep located in west Texas, so if you have any questions let either of us know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: tnunn90 and Kent R

blindrooster

Rank I

Traveler I

Washington D.C., DC, USA
First Name
Hayes
Last Name
Potter
Member #

newbie here, bought a 96 land rover discovery 1 with a 5spd and 210k miles on it over the summer. After some basic maintenance and building a wooden platform in the back for storage and sleeping I've been absolutely loving it. Pic below was taken during a camping trip on ocracoke island NC in September.

R1-01163-0023.jpg

KM4DWS

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Arden, NC
First Name
Kaleb
Last Name
Marske
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM4DWS
Hi, I'm Nathan!

I'm in the south MS area (which is unfortunately very far from most overlanders ).
I have family strung from Bay St. Louis to Pass Christian to Biloxi to Ocean Springs, I don't get down there as much as I should.

Welcome from the Mountains in Western North Carolina.

Reactions: Kent R

jgencinc

Rank 0

Contributor I

Pennsylvania
First Name
John
Last Name
Montanez
I'm John.
Next year I'm selling everything I own and taking off to see the country.

I am an old camper and backpacker, but living in a truck will be new for me.

I have a 2017 Ram 1500 Laramie. I am undecided on whether to get a cap, or rack and roof top tent.

Hoping to learn a lot before it's time to go.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I'm John.
Next year I'm selling everything I own and taking off to see the country.

I am an old camper and backpacker, but living in a truck will be new for me.

I have a 2017 Ram 1500 Laramie. I am undecided on whether to get a cap, or rack and roof top tent.

Hoping to learn a lot before it's time to go.
Welcome to Overland Bound John
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Wawa Skittletits

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello.. I hail from Louisville KY, driving a 2020 Ford Ranger STX FX4 stock. I am a novice and really just enjoy being in nature and seeing what the truck can do.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Hank Outdoors

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
newbie here, bought a 96 land rover discovery 1 with a 5spd and 210k miles on it over the summer. After some basic maintenance and building a wooden platform in the back for storage and sleeping I've been absolutely loving it. Pic below was taken during a camping trip on ocracoke island NC in September.

View attachment 178854
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @JRElaxED

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello! My name is Josh and I'm Excited to be Part of the Group.

Location - Wisconsin
Rig - None Currently. Sold my Jeep Rubicon last year and now have a Bronco on Order and will get delivery on that (fingers crossed) mid 2021.
Experience - Zero Overland Experience, but I grew up camping, hiking, etc. and also love cars, modifications, etc. This combines 2 interests of mine and I'm ready to get started.

Thanks!
Welcome to Overland Bound Josh.
Good luck with the Bronco, that's going to be an exciting platform for overlanding.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @MTB-WI

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey guys, my name is Tyler Nunn (30), live in Albuquerque, NM. My Rig is a 2016 Ram 1500 with minimal modifications so far. I have a camper shield with self built lockable drawers in the bed of the truck and running on BF Goodyear 275/65 All Terrain tires. First, upgrade I’m looking to do will be replacing running boards with rock-sliders. I look forward to meeting those in the community and hopefully hit the trails with some people.
Welcome to Overland Bound Tyler.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982 & @USStrongman

spazegun2213

Rank V

Advocate I

San Diego
First Name
ross
Last Name
miller
Member #

Hey there! I just joined because I bought a '99 e250 that has been outfitted as a camper. I'm slowly building a lift and adding some more appropriate gear to it, and hope it will take me on many adventures!

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

TheMortells

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Edgewater, CO, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Mortell
Member #

Hey Everyone!

My name is Mike, and my wife (Dani) & I recently upgraded our old rig (2014 GMC Sierra 1500 with a canopy camper set up) to a 2020 AEV Prospector with a Scout Olympic camper! We are based in Denver, CO area but are planning on traveling around the US as much as possible over the next 6-9 months while our jobs are allowing us to 'work from home'. Our long term goal is to do the Pan American sometime in either 2022 or 2023, so feel free to reach out if you have any tips or tricks for that journey!

Attached are a couple pictures of our new rig, though you can see more on our Instagram (TheMortells). We also have pictures of our old rig on there as well.

I have been overlanding since I bought the GMC back in 2014, but also grew up in a family that traveled/camped a lot so I am fairly experienced though there is still plenty that I need to learn! Some items on my 'To Learn' list before our Pan American trip are wilderness first aid, more advanced recovery methods, and basic Spanish!

I am looking forward to getting involved on this forum so please don't hesitate to reach out :)

Mike

TheMortells2.jpgTheMortells1.jpg

Funner98

Rank III

Traveler III

Oakland, CA, USA
First Name
Lucia
Last Name
Matioli
Member #

Hello everyone. I am so happy to be on this forum. Newbie here with my 1998 4runner, located in Oakland - have had it for about 4 months now, unmodified. I love it. Been scouring all kinds of online resources as I learn more about overlanding.
I will be making modifications slowly, as I figure out what I am interested in doing long term. Camping is a given, as well as fly fishing. Wanting to explore and venture out into the wild. Can't wait to learn more and open to any and all suggestions. Cheers!IMG_4320.jpg