Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Tacoma, wa
Jeep gladiator 2020
I'm new to the game ready to explore and I go on my first overland on nov 23

Excited to be a part of the club

My ig is @wakandan_jeep

Won't let me upload pics here
Welcome Jamal! Let me know if you have any questions or need any assistance. Now lets talk Gladiator parts :)

Reactions: Kent R and T'challa

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
I just joined last week and look forward to slapping the Overland Bound medallion on my YJ when it arrives later today.

I'm on the wrong side of middle agedom, family man, a veteran with gallows humor, charmingly obnoxious (debatable), and based out of the Columbia Basin, Eastern Washington.

My vehicle is a 1991 Jeep Yj w/ 4.0 and three-speed automatic. Like all offroading/expedition vehicles, the project is never "done" and I keep plugging away at it. The build is geared more towards expedition than wheeling, but I do plan on upgrading the rear axle, installing lockers, and putting some 35s on it to tackle some trails like the Rubicon.

I'm a lifelong outdoorsman but new to Overlanding. One of my Backpacking buddies and I are going out once or twice per month and learning as we go. We plan on driving the Washington Backcountry Discovery Route next summer and taking a couple months to meander up to Deadhorse when I retire in a little less than two years.

My other passions include backpacking, photography, traveling, spending time with my family, and interrupting conversations to show people pictures of whatever upgrade I made to my Jeep that week.

Thanks for having me.
Ian,
Welcome to the OB family. Wanted to invite you to our monthly conference call. It happens on the thirs Sunday of the month at 7:30 PST. The details are in the Rally Point Power Systems.

This call will be based on super simplifying power draw calculations and estimating power requirements. Leaning towards trying to answer the question of :What do I need? I don't plan on promoting any particular products, bit more concepts and top level system requirements as people start down the power systems rabbit hole.

1605132000419.png

Everyone is invited !

-Steve

T'challa

Rank I

Off-Road Ranger I

Puyallup, WA, USA
First Name
Jamal
Last Name
George
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
T'challa 1
Tacoma, wa
Jeep gladiator 2020

My ig is @wakandan_jeep

Hi there! Welcome! Just curious if you are trying to attach an image using the mobile app (iOS or Android) or web? I'll try to get you sorted!

Thanks and again, welcome!

M
I'm using the mobile app

Reactions: Kent R

FortunerMike

Rank II

Contributor III

Fremantle WA, Australia
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Manley
Member #

Hi All,

Happy to finally join up!

I am located in Fremantle, Western Australia. My overlanding rig is a 2017 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 Turbo Diesel.

I make the most of traveling around beautiful Western Australia and especially froth the coastal adventures

Looking forward to learning from everyone else on here!

Cheers
Mike

Attachments

thalooch

Rank 0

Traveler I

Colorado, USA
First Name
Luchino
Last Name
Castagno
1. See: Attached
2. Location: No real general area. I bounce around between Utah, Colorado, Idaho, NM, Montana, Nevada, and SoCal. I currently live out of my vehicle so I'm a nomad.
3. 2016 F150 XL, 2.7L ecoboost, 4x4. Just bought the thing since someone hit my previous rig (Honda Pilot).
4. Novice. I've been living on the road for nearly a year now however.

I am fairly experienced when it comes to backcountry travel on foot however. I love to hike, backpack, and run. I love climbing mountains and jumping into lakes. I love getting deep into the wilderness, finding the end of the road, and then parking the rig and continuing on foot.

I love the wilderness. I love the freedom that comes with it and the solitude. I love the intimacy and deepening my connection with all of life. I love people too however and love the connections I make in the great outdoors. Looking forward to being a part of this community :D

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
1. See: Attached
2. Location: No real general area. I bounce around between Utah, Colorado, Idaho, NM, Montana, Nevada, and SoCal. I currently live out of my vehicle so I'm a nomad.
3. 2016 F150 XL, 2.7L ecoboost, 4x4. Just bought the thing since someone hit my previous rig (Honda Pilot).
4. Novice. I've been living on the road for nearly a year now however.

I am fairly experienced when it comes to backcountry travel on foot however. I love to hike, backpack, and run. I love climbing mountains and jumping into lakes. I love getting deep into the wilderness, finding the end of the road, and then parking the rig and continuing on foot.

I love the wilderness. I love the freedom that comes with it and the solitude. I love the intimacy and deepening my connection with all of life. I love people too however and love the connections I make in the great outdoors. Looking forward to being a part of this community :D
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, but since you travel full time you can get local information on the “Overland Bound by Region” section.
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
OB Members Colorado
Social Media:
Telegram; OLB - Colorado
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @the_runn4r & @Fortis Overland
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All,

Happy to finally join up!

I am located in Fremantle, Western Australia. My overlanding rig is a 2017 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 Turbo Diesel.

I make the most of traveling around beautiful Western Australia and especially froth the coastal adventures

Looking forward to learning from everyone else on here!

Cheers
Mike
Welcome to Overland Bound Mike.
Your Regional Director is @bjy10 for additional help or information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Tread Lightly | Online Courses

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,

Just picked up a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon. Played with it a little bit up at Uwharrie. I really need to get it lifted so I dont scrape the belly AS much as I am now.

-Rick
Welcome to Overland Bound Rick.
If you could narrow down your location in the East it would help to get you more regional information.
The Regional Director in the East is @Nomadic Nova and in the South East it is @AdventureWithDanan.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Tread Lightly | Online Courses

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Tacoma, wa
Jeep gladiator 2020

My ig is @wakandan_jeep

If you are using the app on on an Android there will be a fix in the next update for photos.

Reactions: T'challa

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all! Alski here from Austin, TX. Glad to finally join the group!!

For some reason I can't upload any images, but I drive a White 2020 Toyota 4Runner. I have a nice little bed platform and drawer system so I just sleep in the truck and cook out of the back. Nice and easy.

Have a great day!

IG: @alskinator
If you are using the app on on an Android there will be a fix in the next update for photos.

Brett0369

Rank I

Contributor I

Virginia, USA
First Name
Brett
Last Name
Summerford
Member #

Hello fellow O-Landers. Just beginning to dip my feet into Overlanding. Been hiking/backpacking/camping most my life.

Rig: 2018 Nissan Frontier PRO4-X. 6in lift. Front Runner Roof Rack. P&P Bed Rack. Smittybuilt Overlander Gen2 RTT.
Experience: Novice!!

Geo Explore and Adventure

Rank VI

Endurance II

CHARLOTTE
First Name
Barry
Last Name
OReilly
Member #

Hi All, we are new to the overland community, looking forward to meeting fellow adventures and learning new skills. We are a family of 4 outdoor enthusiasts who have traveled on land and water in Alaska, West Africa, Australia, and many parts of Europe, We are now turning our interest to Overlanding and looking for the right vehicle to get us off-grid. For now, we will be using what we have and hopefully learning some really cool stuff from the community. Happy to have landed here!!!