Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Not a true 'over-lander',
but this Crosstrek has taken us places our old Honda wouldn''t have found. More adventures planned for 2021. I hope to learn from this group.

2019 Subaru Crosstrek
North East Illinois
No serious over-landing experience

View attachment 174998
We will have to go and do some paddling some time. I like to include a paddling trip with my overlanding when ever possible. Keep a look out for a running of the THOR this summer which will include a run of Sugar Creek in Indiana

Reactions: Kent R

JAM420

Rank 0

Contributor I

Florida, USA
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Monroe
Hello folks my name is Jess. Currently me and my wife have been traveling and living full-time in our RV for the last year.
Me and the misses have decided that living in an RV is too comfortable and has been keeping us from traveling how we really want to. So we decided that we are selling our RV and buying an expedition trailer.

Currently we are in Florida and have found a trailer that we will be looking at next week.. We will be pulling itwith an 02 Excursion with the 6.8L V10.
With that being said, we are novices with the overland style of camping and are very excited about this transition. Our goal it to be able to go completely off grid in the near future.
Looking forward to gaining some knowledge from being on here and I'm hoping to meet some really good people.

Thanks
Jess

Last edited:

Alski

Rank I

Contributor I

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Alan
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Hello all! Alski here from Austin, TX. Glad to finally join the group!!

For some reason I can't upload any images, but I drive a White 2020 Toyota 4Runner. I have a nice little bed platform and drawer system so I just sleep in the truck and cook out of the back. Nice and easy.

Have a great day!

IG: @alskinator

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hi, Hans from Norway here. Driving a 2015 F150 4x4 Lariat. Equipped with Fox 2” lifting kit and 20” rims with BF K2 285/55/20 at the moment. Been an outdoorsman for many years but just last two years with my Ford and roof tent. It’s rather addicting:-) Looking for forward to read and learn a lot in this forum.
HansView attachment 176270View attachment 176271
Hello Hans,

Welcome and I hope you enjoyt your stay here.
If you like you can join us also at Facebook Facebook Groups
And for just chit chat on the whatsapp group we have

If you are in need for info, events and more, just look at the mid europe section as well.
After the Pandemic I think we will have loads of events again.

See you around.

Greetings from Robert

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Alan (@Alski ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a monthly meet up in Round Rock on the 1st Saturday of the month. https://www.overlandbound.com/event/reoccurring-north-central-texas-meet-greet/
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, my name is Lou and I live in West Covina,CA
I am new to Overlanding but love learning and ready to get out.
I have a 2021 Jeep JL Rubicon
Love camping and the trail rides.
Welcome to Overland Bound Lou
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all! Alski here from Austin, TX. Glad to finally join the group!!

For some reason I can't upload any images, but I drive a White 2020 Toyota 4Runner. I have a nice little bed platform and drawer system so I just sleep in the truck and cook out of the back. Nice and easy.

Have a great day!

IG: @alskinator
Welcome to Overland Bound Alski
Your issue with loading pictures has been reported
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @USStrongman @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Tacoma, wa
Jeep gladiator 2020
I'm new to the game ready to explore and I go on my first overland on nov 23

Excited to be a part of the club

My ig is @wakandan_jeep

Won't let me upload pics here
Welcome to Overland Bound
Your issue with the pictures has been reported
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello folks my name is Jess. Currently me and my wife have been traveling and living full-time in our RV for the last year.
Me and the misses have decided that living in an RV is too comfortable and has been keeping us from traveling how we really want to. So we decided that we are selling our RV and buying an expedition trailer.

Currently we are in Florida and have found a trailer that we will be looking at next week.. We will be pulling itwith an 02 Excursion with the 6.8L V10.
With that being said, we are novices with the overland style of camping and are very excited about this transition. Our goal it to be able to go completely off grid in the near future.
Looking forward to gaining some knowledge from being on here and I'm hoping to meet some really good people.

Thanks
Jess
Welcome To Overland Bound Jess
There is a segment of our community that is off grid/full time overlanders. One couple that is making that transition also is @Magic Mike who is also a Member Representative. He and his wife just bought a Patriot trailer and they love to talk overlanding, you might send him a message to get a conversation started.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Cendee & @radwelder

Reactions: JAM420

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy Folks, New to the Crew!

Been pestered on the trail constantly to join, finally the sheer numbers got me! So here I am. Ready to tear it up (figuratively speaking, I keep on the trails and pick up trash)

I rock at 2018 Ram Power Wagon with the AT Habitat being the attention getter. Currently on 35s with plans to goto 40's because everyone else is doing it and I just want to be cool! Rock Sliders, diff armor, and skid plates, and low IQ let me take this full size battleship on a lot of trails I probably shouldn't.

Lots to build out on the rig, have the king shocks in my garage, now just need some time haha! Its a constant work in progress like many.

Love to adventure!

See ya all out on the trail!
Here is the area of the forum to talk about your Battleship Full Sized Rigs
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike
Overland Bound Meetups
Here is the closest meet-up to you;
Gold Country Monthly Meet-up. Auburn CA
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/gold-country-monthly-meetup/
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! Just started out on this overland adventure with my 2012 Jeep Liberty. Ive got him set up as a car camping rig right now, sleeping inside the back. Big plan is to head to the arctic circle, hence the username! Right now im stuck to the concrete sprawl of southeast michigan, but the potholes and dirt roads help me feel a little more excitement.

Glad to be here!
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland & @James.Laidlaw

LouCampin

Rank 0

Traveler I

West Covina
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Valencia
Welcome to Overland Bound Lou
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Thank you for the info , much appreciated!!!

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Tacoma, wa
Jeep gladiator 2020

My ig is @wakandan_jeep

Hi there! Welcome! Just curious if you are trying to attach an image using the mobile app (iOS or Android) or web? I'll try to get you sorted!

Thanks and again, welcome!

M

Reactions: Kent R and T'challa

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Tacoma, wa
Jeep gladiator 2020

My ig is @wakandan_jeep

Hello Jamal. Welcome to Overland Bound.

I am the Northwest Director. @Greg Eigsti is your closest member representative.

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).

Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.

Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.

Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.

Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.

Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.

Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.

Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.

Lastly, we have a monthly conference call on the third Sunday of the month starting November 15th, 2020 at 19:30 hours Pacific Time. I encourage everyone to participate in these calls as we mentor each other on various topics. November we are discussing Portable Power options.

Inland Northwest Monthly Conference Call

Due to an event last weekend I have put together an impromptu conference call to address what to do in the even “Everything Just Went Sideways

Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome Daniel and hope to see you on the trails.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Tacoma, wa
Jeep gladiator 2020

My ig is @wakandan_jeep

Welcome Jamal! Let me know if you have any questions or need any assistance. Now lets talk Gladiator parts :)

Reactions: Kent R and T'challa