First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Howdy Folks, New to the Crew!

Been pestered on the trail constantly to join, finally the sheer numbers got me! So here I am. Ready to tear it up (figuratively speaking, I keep on the trails and pick up trash)

I rock at 2018 Ram Power Wagon with the AT Habitat being the attention getter. Currently on 35s with plans to goto 40's because everyone else is doing it and I just want to be cool! Rock Sliders, diff armor, and skid plates, and low IQ let me take this full size battleship on a lot of trails I probably shouldn't.

Lots to build out on the rig, have the king shocks in my garage, now just need some time haha! Its a constant work in progress like many.

Love to adventure!

See ya all out on the trail!
Hello Trent, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello folks my name is Jess. Currently me and my wife have been traveling and living full-time in our RV for the last year.
Me and the misses have decided that living in an RV is too comfortable and has been keeping us from traveling how we really want to. So we decided that we are selling our RV and buying an expedition trailer.

Currently we are in Florida and have found a trailer that we will be looking at next week.. We will be pulling itwith an 02 Excursion with the 6.8L V10.
With that being said, we are novices with the overland style of camping and are very excited about this transition. Our goal it to be able to go completely off grid in the near future.
Looking forward to gaining some knowledge from being on here and I'm hoping to meet some really good people.

Thanks
Jess
Hello Jess, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R and JAM420

Joe137

Rank 0

Traveler I

Atco
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Ordille
Member #

Hello everyone, excited to be here. Name is Joe from Atco NJ and driving a 2017 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock (Purchased in September 2020) and although I did a bit of wheeling back in the 80's I feel as though I am a novice compared to what I see everyone doing today, my rig is pretty much stock but not for long.Jeep 1.jpg

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
New member here, just introducing myself. David Meaux. Hoping to learn more about overlanding and meet some new trail buddies!

Rig: 2014 FJ Cruiser TTUE

Overlanding Experience Background: Moderate to beginner - although I've been doing it a while. not as tech savvy as I'd like to be. First time out was 1990 in my then new Jeep Cherokee Pioneer to the San Juan mountains. Nearly rolled off the cliff backwards with young expecting bride in vehicle. Fortunately I found the e-brake buried under too many maps, in the nick of time. Since then we've moved through a range of vehicles... moved to Toyota in 2010. As we live in Texas, my favorite spot is Big Bend Ranch (the state park). World-class scenery. great trails (unmaintained roads as the park calls them). We also love going to Utah and Arizona. With my new retirement my wife and I really want to pick this up more as we have a passion for it and now we have some time!

View attachment 176040
Hello David, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey there! New member here.

Rig: 2006 Land Rover LR3
Experience: Beginner - I've been a part of the car and motorcycle world since I was a kid—everything from American Muscle to dirt bikes and 90's BMWs to teaching motorcycles for the state of CA. If it has wheels and a motor, I've been into it. Now, I find myself searching "out there" on the weekends for some peace and quiet. I bought my LR3 October 2019 and have been slowly trying to improve both my off-road intuition and the reliability/capability of this rig that both my lovely travel partner and I are growing to love.

Here's a recent shot from USAL Rd. up near Fort Bragg, CA.

Cheers!
Hello James, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Okay lets try this.

I'm new to this forum. I'm a South African and a member on a South Africa 4x4 forum as well.
I grew up camping in tents and caravans.
I have a 2015 Chev Trailblazer with everything needed to do over landing.
I also have a Conqueror Commander (I think in other parts of the world it's called the UEV 440) with all the bells and whistles.

Although I'm from SA, I am for the most of the past 16 years living and working in West-Africa.

I'll be in SA in a couple of weeks and plan on doing some over landing while there.
Okay lets try this.

I'm new to this forum. I'm a South African and a member on a South Africa 4x4 forum as well.
I grew up camping in tents and caravans.
I have a 2015 Chev Trailblazer with everything needed to do over landing.
I also have a Conqueror Commander (I think in other parts of the world it's called the UEV 440) with all the bells and whistles.

Although I'm from SA, I am for the most of the past 16 years living and working in West-Africa.

I'll be in SA in a couple of weeks and plan on doing some over landing while there.
Hello Harry, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello All!
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR

Me and the wife just starting out in overlanding.

Wish we could’ve made the meeting today. Hope to meet up soon.

We’re live in Hollister, Ca but have done two 10,000 mile road trips in the recent past in our old XTerra. No real camping involved though. Just looking to get out there.
Hello Russell, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello from Ocala, FL. My name is Daryle and pictured is one of my Mitsubishi Monteros. This is a 1998 Gen 2.5 winter package and the otherr one is a 2002 Montero Limited. Looking forward to meeting and overlanding with you all.
Hello Daryle, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi, my name is Edgar. I'm near Cleveland, OH. Looking to try some fun outdoor adventures with my son and dog. Really looking forward to meeting others to do this with and get some suggestions that don't require traveling too far.

Looking forward to becoming part of the community!
Hello Edgar, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
I just joined last week and look forward to slapping the Overland Bound medallion on my YJ when it arrives later today.

I'm on the wrong side of middle agedom, family man, a veteran with gallows humor, charmingly obnoxious (debatable), and based out of the Columbia Basin, Eastern Washington.

My vehicle is a 1991 Jeep Yj w/ 4.0 and three-speed automatic. Like all offroading/expedition vehicles, the project is never "done" and I keep plugging away at it. The build is geared more towards expedition than wheeling, but I do plan on upgrading the rear axle, installing lockers, and putting some 35s on it to tackle some trails like the Rubicon.

I'm a lifelong outdoorsman but new to Overlanding. One of my Backpacking buddies and I are going out once or twice per month and learning as we go. We plan on driving the Washington Backcountry Discovery Route next summer and taking a couple months to meander up to Deadhorse when I retire in a little less than two years.

My other passions include backpacking, photography, traveling, spending time with my family, and interrupting conversations to show people pictures of whatever upgrade I made to my Jeep that week.

Thanks for having me.
Hello Ian, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi everyone,
Ed Scharnhorst here. Living in the Hill Country outside San Antonio. Been 4 wheeling off and on for years at a moderate level. Mostly beaches, fire roads and mountain trails on the east coast. Started making trips out Big Bend (NP & SP) for camping with my wife & son (he's in the '97 3rd gen) over the last few years. Looking forward to getting out further and staying longer! Our short list for next trips are Padre, 4 corners area and Colorado. Driving a '12 4runner that's never finished.

View attachment 175793
Hello Ed, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Howdy All,
Randy here. Just joined today. I'm from Southeast PA but I'm with my 2004 Dodge RAM 2500 4X in CA for a couple of months.

Planning to visit a few places while I'm here. This week I want to take a short ride to McCabe Flats on BLM land. I spent quite a bit of time in the area growing up here as a kid. Just hope the weather holds out.
Hello Randy, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi all! I found out about your community while watching youtube videos on how to outfit my rig - as well, i believe a former co worker os a pretty prolific overlander.

i reallyjust want to explore and camp along some of the easier trails within a fewhundred miles of my AO (im from Norman OK)
I am an avid motocrosser and DH mountain biker, but am really looking forward to something new i can do with my fiance and she has expressedinterest in camping. I dont think she is interested in padding up and hitting the slopes for downhill runs, but this would be a wonderful way to bond

We kayak a bit when the weather permits too.

My vehicle is a ‘18 Tacoma Sport 4wd. Im not interested in any vehicle mods outside of doing a few things to maximize storage and safety, but i love looking at the cool builds with the rack systems , roof tents and bed decks etc.

thanks for the add and i look forward to reading the great information here

Doug
Hello Doug, welcome to the OB community.

Ramman

Rank III

Member III

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC1PHT
Hey! Ramman Here from central Ma. Wife and I are in the middle of our build and gear gathering for the up coming spring.
We have a 19 ram that we will be traveling with our two young kids. I have a little off road expierence and a little camping exp as well. I know being in MA I don’t have the highest expectations for off highway travel but will be looking to be all over the east coast and North east once we are closer to the end of our build. Hopefully some people are nearby that can help steer us in the right direction.

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Hey! Ramman Here from central Ma. Wife and I are in the middle of our build and gear gathering for the up coming spring.
We have a 19 ram that we will be traveling with our two young kids. I have a little off road expierence and a little camping exp as well. I know being in MA I don’t have the highest expectations for off highway travel but will be looking to be all over the east coast and North east once we are closer to the end of our build. Hopefully some people are nearby that can help steer us in the right direction.
Welcome to OB!

Make contact with those in your region: U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)

Jim

Nivar3

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
Nivardo
Last Name
Beaton
Member #

Hello...new member checking in

E809BAE5-DE41-4194-909C-FAA3B7FB0B1A.jpeg58AA8A8F-C817-4CE1-828C-749BC242ABE9.jpeg

- 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT Z71 4x4
- Overland Experience: Novice.

I had a Jeep TJ about 10yrs ago and did plenty of mudding in S.FL. and also did my share of rock crawling in N.FL. and GA. The Silverado currently has a leveling kit w/ upgraded UCAs, Nitto Ridge Grapplers in 275/55r20, ARB dual compressor, and Bakflip tonneau cover. Looking to do a BDS 4” Fox coilovers setup soon with rear Deaver leaf spring upgrade. The goal is family camping. My wife and I both love this and we have a 16 month old baby boy and a newborn baby girl that we want to get exploring ASAP.

I’m on here to gain more knowledge...and to get pointers on the Silverado. It seems like there aren’t many in the overland game...