Enthusiast III

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
Nivardo
Last Name
Beaton
Member #

Hello...new member checking in

E809BAE5-DE41-4194-909C-FAA3B7FB0B1A.jpeg58AA8A8F-C817-4CE1-828C-749BC242ABE9.jpeg

- 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT Z71 4x4
- Overland Experience: Novice.

I had a Jeep TJ about 10yrs ago and did plenty of mudding in S.FL. and also did my share of rock crawling in N.FL. and GA. The Silverado currently has a leveling kit w/ upgraded UCAs, Nitto Ridge Grapplers in 275/55r20, ARB dual compressor, and Bakflip tonneau cover. Looking to do a BDS 4” Fox coilovers setup soon with rear Deaver leaf spring upgrade. The goal is family camping. My wife and I both love this and we have a 16 month old baby boy and a newborn baby girl that we want to get exploring ASAP.

I’m on here to gain more knowledge...and to get pointers on the Silverado. It seems like there aren’t many in the overland game...

Hodgespa

Rank IV
Investor

Explorer I

Marana, AZ, USA
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Drown
Member #

Hello everyone...
I live in the Tucson, AZ area. I have a 2015 Jeep JKU Rubicon that I initially started wanting to build as a rock crawler, but decided I didn't like the idea of having to smash it up to be "one of the guys". I've had a lot of experience with camping and backpacking as a kid and recently getting back as an Assistant Scoutmaster. Overlanding seems like the next logical step for me and I am excited to learn this aspect of getting back to the outdoors. I can't wait to get out there and keep building my "escape" vehicle as I define my needs for trips.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Erik (@Hodgespa ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. We had monthly meet ups in the Tucson area, but like most things they have been put on hold. Keep an eye out for info.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: Kent R

Jonster

Rank III

Enthusiast I

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Mojica
Member #

Hi

I joined about a month ago, but didn't have time to get around to introducing myself until now. I have a 2016 Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE that i just acquired in June and have been slowly been adding features to it so I can go overlanding. I live in the South Bay SF, CA area. I am new to offroading and overlanding in general, but used to camp when I was in the boy scouts when I was young and in my teens.

Glad to be part of this community, hope to meet some of you on the trail or in an event.

Attachments

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Jerrod (@Jdub94 ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

I am one of the SW Region Member Reps however @USStrongman in Lubbock is your closest Member Rep. Let us know if you have any questions.

Reactions: Kent R and Jdub94

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Trent and Kimberly (@Chunkycrawl10 ), welcome from Oklahoma.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. We have had monthly meet ups in the Phoenix area but due to the pandemic they have been postponed like many things. Overland Expo West is May 14-6th in Flagstaff, will give you some ideas for your build.

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

OCToyCruiser

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Leesburg, Virginia, United States
First Name
Manny
Last Name
Mendez
Member #

Current Vehicle: 1991 Toyota Land Cruiser
Overland Experience: Ive been in the auto event industry for the past 12 years and have had the opportunity to drive some amazing vehicles. One of our biggest clients being Jaguar Land Rover. I've had the chance to drive every model in some pretty incredible landscapes and grateful for most of the experiences. Ive had the pleasure of knowing some of the industries leading off road instructors which has always kept me safe wherever we were in the country. I really look forward to finding some local meet ups and drives throughout OC, Big Bear and Joshua tree....once this current madness is all over. Heres a shot of my rig in its current state. Have some work ahead of me.

Rig.jpg

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi

I joined about a month ago, but didn't have time to get around to introducing myself until now. I have a 2016 Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE that i just acquired in June and have been slowly been adding features to it so I can go overlanding. I live in the South Bay SF, CA area. I am new to offroading and overlanding in general, but used to camp when I was in the boy scouts when I was young and in my teens.

Glad to be part of this community, hope to meet some of you on the trail or in an event.
Hello Jon, welcome to the OB community,

Reactions: Jonster and Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
2) Texas Panhandle
3) 1999 Ford F250 Super Duty 7.3L Powerstroke
4) Novice Overlander

Looking forward to getting advice on how to best equip my rig, as well as hopefully get connected with others and get started overlanding!
Hello Jerod, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello everyone, we are Trent and Kimberly and we recently just got a membership because we really enjoy off-roading and we plan on building an overland rig. We have a fifth gen 4Runner and are based in Phoenix AZ. We can’t wait to meet new people and explore.
Hello Trent and Kimberly, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Current Vehicle: 1991 Toyota Land Cruiser
Overland Experience: Ive been in the auto event industry for the past 12 years and have had the opportunity to drive some amazing vehicles. One of our biggest clients being Jaguar Land Rover. I've had the chance to drive every model in some pretty incredible landscapes and grateful for most of the experiences. Ive had the pleasure of knowing some of the industries leading off road instructors which has always kept me safe wherever we were in the country. I really look forward to finding some local meet ups and drives throughout OC, Big Bear and Joshua tree....once this current madness is all over. Heres a shot of my rig in its current state. Have some work ahead of me.

View attachment 177180
Hello Manny, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey! Ramman Here from central Ma. Wife and I are in the middle of our build and gear gathering for the up coming spring.
We have a 19 ram that we will be traveling with our two young kids. I have a little off road expierence and a little camping exp as well. I know being in MA I don’t have the highest expectations for off highway travel but will be looking to be all over the east coast and North east once we are closer to the end of our build. Hopefully some people are nearby that can help steer us in the right direction.
Hello Ram, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey everyone!

Northern Nevada here, just down the hill from Lake Tahoe.
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Definitely a beginner aside from getting into trouble in High School in my 89 Ford Ranger.
Looking forward to building the truck up more over the winter and exploring come spring time!
Hello Drew, welcome to the OB community.