Contributor III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Nancy
Last Name
Howe
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Thanks for the information. I have reached out to both.

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Hey all!
We're building a Ram 5500 camper truck. We currently have a Nissan NV2500 4x4 van. Also have a Suzuki Sidekick for trail use.
Ultimately, looking for friends in the Utah area to take large truck trips with. We have been mostly solo in our 4x4 van. But building the truck for extended trips and because we take so much gear with us. :) Would be fun to connect with like minded people. We aren't afraid to take our vehicles to inappropriate places. Ha ha! We drove our 4x4 van up Lippincott pass this last Christmas.
I have many questions about things we've never thought about, like good larger fridges for the adventure box truck, and water tanks, and things like that. I suspect we'll have to have tanks made, but maybe not. Learning as we go.
Also, we ride motos, and paraglide. We host ADVriders here in the Salt Lake City area. We love hot springs and getting way, way out of town.
Here is a photo of the day I picked up the box. The day I became a plumber. Ha ha ha!
We're cutting it shorter by a few feet, and possibly bringing it closer to the frame. Probably. And building an overcab section, also. The Ram is 4x4, and had a steel flatbed before. Purpose built boxes are sweet, but this was a few hundred dollars. I honestly couldn't say no.
View attachment 105964
Wow that is a great find. Cant wait to see what you do with it. Welcome to Overland Bound, let me know if I can help in anyway. Keep an eye on the Rocky Mountain Rally Points we have some fun going on monthly.

Reactions: Dentedvw

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
We are Paul & Nicky new to overlanding but have really caught the bug, we are based in central France and drive an ex military 110 Defender.View attachment 105818
Hi and welcome to the OB community here in Europe.
We have a number of events going on and a lively and informative forum and FB Pages. Although you are under the Mid Europe Region please feel free to join in on the other Europe FB Regional pages.
There is a summer trip to the Matterhorn coming up and any other events or meets can be found on rally point.
I'm your closest regional director and its my job to help you get the best out of your membership so please if there is any information, questions or assistance you need please do not hesitate to contact.
Please get involved in discussions as active members are what help to bring out the best community.
Once again welcome

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Hello Everyone,

We are glad to be new members and hope to learn a lot from the community and hopefully share the trail and beautiful outdoors with some of you in the future.
Our rig is 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, her name is RubiDog that we bought used in Feb 2018 and have been building for off-road use. She is outfitted, so far, with a winch, recovery gear, 2.5in lift with 37in tires, 1st aid kit and fire extinguisher. Just beginning to think about what we might do to the inside for overlanding.
Our location is the Denver Metro area of Colorado
We are new to overlanding but not car camping
Our dog "Blaze" joins us on most of our adventures.
We have owned 4x4s in the past but not a Jeep and have not been off-roading in mountains much. Last summer, when RubiDog was still stock, we visited Moab but stayed to the bunny slopes, so to speak. So we are just getting started off roading in this terrain and with overlanding.
Welcome to Overland Bound.
Your local Member Rep has some fun stuff going on in CO. @Neal A. Tew. Reach out to him if you have any questions.

Keep an eye on the Rally Points as there is fun happening all over. Events Archive - Overland Bound

ItchyFeetOverland

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Modena, Italy
First Name
Nigel
Last Name
Betts
Member #

Welcome to our community that is currently seeing some great interaction between members and regions. I'm your closest regional director so if you have any concerns or need information please do not hesitate to contact me.
There is lots of information on the forums and FB Pages and keep a look out on the Rally Point for events and get togethers.

Look forward to seeing some pictures of your Defender build. Our hope is to do the Pan Am over 2 years hopefully starting next year subject to my mrs recovering from emergency surgery in Uzbekistan on our return trip from Mongolia last year. We are planning a year in North America and a year in South America.
I have a good friend leaving to do the same this year so if you are looking for specific information give me a shout I'm sure we will have it.

Once again great to see you here and please get involved on the forums and in the region. Its what makes our community better.
Thanks for the welcome. I recently listened to your podcast interview on GHT about the medical problems your wife experienced in Uzbekistan... glad to hear that she is on the mend. I will definitely start sharing some pictures as we progress and looking forward to meeting up with like minding travellers as we go along. We plan to be at Bad Kissingen next year so we are looking forward to that.

I have one question - i haven't received the membership email with my number yet - is this normal?

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello everyone,
New to overlanding... Recently bought a Colorado ZR2, looking forward to upgrading it! I live in NC but will be in AL for the next 2 months for work. Joined to meet new people and get good advice.
Welcome to Overland Bound

Reactions: Ben64

Michaelbs2

Rank 0

Contributor I

Mississippi, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
S
Hello my name is Michael,
I'm completely new to overlanding. I founds some videos and youtube and was immediately interested. I've grown up camping and hiking, so overlanding just seems like the next step. I just bought a 2004 toyota sequoia 4x4. Just put some new M/T tires on it, and I'm already looking at different mods I can do. My wife is has been wanting a pull behind camper, but after watching some vids she is excited about a roof top tent now. I'm in Mississippi.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I'm completely new to overlanding. I founds some videos and youtube and was immediately interested. I've grown up camping and hiking, so overlanding just seems like the next step. I just bought a 2004 toyota sequoia 4x4. Just put some new M/T tires on it, and I'm already looking at different mods I can do. My wife is has been wanting a pull behind camper, but after watching some vids she is excited about a roof top tent now. I'm in Mississippi.
Welcome!

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps

darkjumper

Rank 0

Contributor I

Portland, ME
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Mazerolle
Hello there fellow pilgrims!
I have 2009 F150 4X4 that has gone on some adventures with me. I know it's not the most ideal rig but it's my starting point. I'm pretty new at this but have been hiking and camping my entire life. I'm just excited to discover that there are communities like Overland Bound with vast resources available. My travel buddy is my oversized dog Kaylee. Due to her giant size she does not do well with long hikes but leaving her behind is never really an option. So naturally I looked for alternative ways to explore that would allow her to join me for adventures and that led me here. And now everything has clicked into place! I currently live in Southern Maine, in the Portland area. I can't wait to explore this site some more and then make some memories!

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
I have 2009 F150 4X4 that has gone on some adventures with me. I know it's not the most ideal rig but it's my starting point. I'm pretty new at this but have been hiking and camping my entire life. I'm just excited to discover that there are communities like Overland Bound with vast resources available. My travel buddy is my oversized dog Kaylee. Due to her giant size she does not do well with long hikes but leaving her behind is never really an option. So naturally I looked for alternative ways to explore that would allow her to join me for adventures and that led me here. And now everything has clicked into place! I currently live in Southern Maine, in the Portland area. I can't wait to explore this site some more and then make some memories!

Leonidas_tm

Rank V
Launch Member

Steward III

Houston County, Alabama, United States
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Moody
Member #

Hey!

My name is Tyler
Living in the Tacoma, WA area for now
Just got myself a Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk

I’ve done a lot of overlanding over the years, but figured I’d stop being a loner and enjoy these trips I randomly take with some great people. I ran into a lot of OB members at the last NW overland rally and I had to join up. IMG_7349.JPGIMG_7338.JPG

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey!

My name is Tyler
Living in the Tacoma, WA area for now
Just got myself a Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk

I’ve done a lot of overlanding over the years, but figured I’d stop being a loner and enjoy these trips I randomly take with some great people. I ran into a lot of OB members at the last NW overland rally and I had to join up. View attachment 106324View attachment 106325

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: Leonidas_tm

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Hank Outdoors for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.