Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Contributor I

Sydney NSW, Australia
First Name
Lloyd
Last Name
Rangiah
Hi all. Brand new member here from Sydney, Australia. This is my rig - 2018 ISUZU MUX 4x4. I enjoy anything that gets me away from cell phone signal and off grid.

Attachments

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hello, I'm a new member, join during the winter but hav not introduced myself.
I'm Mike, I live in Rainy River, Ontario. it's a very small town of 1000 people in northwestern Ontario.
there are not a lot of off road trails around here, but if there are any members, in and around this area, that know of any good trails or camping spots let me know, or maybe you wanna meet up.
looking forward to a fun summer of overlanding. View attachment 106121View attachment 106122View attachment 106123
Welcome to OB and the Canada - Central Region!
If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me.

When looking for events near you check the Calendar at:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar
Looking for a meetup? Check this link:
Overland Bound Meetups
Looking for the Canada - Central Forum? Check this link:
Canada - Central (QC ON)

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hello friends!

I'm located in Brooklyn, NY and my boyfriend and I are currently working on a 2005 Ford Escape (Name TBD). What started out as a DIY project to fix the back wheel well of our car evolved overnight into us setting our ride up to get out on and off the road. Our goal is to escape our daily life a little and get one with nature. We're feeling pretty confident in our progress so far, but I guess only time will tell if we're doing it right.

I've attached a before picture here, but if you're interested in following us on our quest, we've started a youtube channel to document the process

View attachment 106176
View attachment 106177

We'd super appreciate the support!

NOMAD EFFECT
Welcome to OB and the East Region!
If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me or @EscoTerrestrial your local Member Rep.

When looking for events near you check the Calendar at:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar
Looking for a meetup? Check this link:
Overland Bound Meetups
Looking for the U.S. East Forum? Check this link:
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all. Brand new member here from Sydney, Australia. This is my rig - 2018 ISUZU MUX 4x4. I enjoy anything that gets me away from cell phone signal and off grid.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Luis Merlo for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all, new members here. We are excited to meet fellow wanderers and hope to get to know some for future trips. We live in Loomis, California and recently bought a 2006 Ford E350 4x4 conversion van and are looking forward to more time exploring the Southwest, the Pacific Northwest, and Canada...well, just everywhere. We have experience 4 wheeling in a Jeep, but are getting used to the extra 10 feet and large turning radius. We enjoy kayaking, snowshoeing, hiking, and solitude...not necessarily in that order. ;-) View attachment 106183

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. Your local Member Rep is @Magic Mike

Reactions: Roamoverland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello friends!

I'm located in Brooklyn, NY and my boyfriend and I are currently working on a 2005 Ford Escape (Name TBD). What started out as a DIY project to fix the back wheel well of our car evolved overnight into us setting our ride up to get out on and off the road. Our goal is to escape our daily life a little and get one with nature. We're feeling pretty confident in our progress so far, but I guess only time will tell if we're doing it right.

I've attached a before picture here, but if you're interested in following us on our quest, we've started a youtube channel to document the process

View attachment 106176
View attachment 106177

We'd super appreciate the support!

NOMAD EFFECT

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Hank Outdoors for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
We are currently residing in Northwest Georgia in a little town called Blue Ridge, GA

Our current Rigis based off a 2015 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro, though we are in the planning process of the next generation of a dedicated Overland RIg instead of a dual use vehicle.

I have been Overlanding in one form or another since 1988. My first vehicle that started it all out was a Jeep Cherokee that I started to offroad and modify as well as travel around exploring new places while also following live music. For a while my militarycareer got in the way and was unable to do much traveling.

Then around 1995 I purchased a 1985 VW Vanagon Camper and traveled everywhere every chance I could in that thing. Even meeting my spouse from my travels. Eventually we handed it down to my sister as she wanted to travel and we upgraded to a VW Eurovan Camper. After some money issues we lost the camper to the bank, acutally one of our favorite setups for travel where the VW setups. The Eurovan wasnt too capable offroad but very comfortable to travel even off the beaten path. We did sign up for a membership a little bit ago.

Then around 2005 we built an insane FJ cruiser with Long Travel Suspension. Quitea capablerig ofroad and we did travel but most of our traveling was centralized to the East Coast as my commitment to the Army was my first priority. But due to being station in Hawaii for a few years and the damage that the salt air does to parts, ie springs rusting in half, etc. We decided it was time for something larger and more managable of a vehicle. Especially since I was given a service animal for some of my disabilities due to combat. which still allowed us to keep the FJ but as a secondary driver and extra explorer for harder Colorado trails. Though not really an overland vehicle we ended up being handed down a BMW X5 and drove the wheels off of it until after rebuilding the upper half of the motor we ran into oil delivery issues and where having transmission issues. We got a full sized ChevySilverado 1500 4x4 pickup which was great for Colorado that we called home at that time. We travelled all over the midwest Colorado, Oklahoma, Wyoming. Eventually I was medically retired from the Army due to my disabilities from combat in November 2013. We sold our beautiful home in Colorado, sniff miss that place just not the politics. So my wife could have help from family and be closer to them to help take care ofme.

After moving here to this small mountain town we wanted something with more interior storage and something more capable offroad. We then with the help of my brother in law who works with SET. Purchased our current vehicle. Although medical issues have prevented us from getting out as much as we would have liked we have enjoyed this platform though our current dreams of once again getting out for weeks and months at a time since I can no longer work and am fully retired have lead us to our next project. With our username might spread some light on our planned build. A jeep Gladiator in Diesel with very specific overland and capabilty mods. As well as a planned Patriot Campers PCOR Tray and Canopy. We do home one day to add a trailor to this build yet right now our budget cannot handle such a upgrade. Perhaps with some good relationships and partnerships on our planned expedition to end up Completing the Pan American HWY and with us trying to film our build, travels, etc. While also trying to introduce and help other wouded veterans into this lifestyle we might be able to add one to the stable. I will share more infformation about our Youtube Channel when the time comes closer for us to start this project. When we get there we wil offer this reasonably built rig that has any years left of use as I believe we just surpassed 50k the odometer. This was we can get a older used Subaru Forester or Outback for our around town and driving with the kids second car. SO we can truly make the Jeep our long term Overland traveling vehicle and all around weekend traveling rig when needed or Peacocking around to events and shows. Thanks I hope to meet some great people and make some good friendships here. We definitely would love to meet other like minded individuals and even couples who would liek to complete the PAH to tag along as a group for security reasons.

View attachment 106163

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Happy Canada Day!! Trying to plan a trip to Whipsaw in Aug. Drive a 2011 4Runner Trail, no real lift, JBA UCA’s, Smittybilt winch.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings all. New member from Eastvale (Corona) California. We have a 2018 Ram Power Wagon. It's got Ramboxes, 35" Nitto's, Whiteknuckle sliders, factory FR lockers & Winch. Just got the Dethloff rack and Smitty RTT installed yesterday. Done a decent amount of off road and camping, but never overlanding. Looking forward to it and your help learning the ropes. - Joe

View attachment 106150

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! I'm joining the group with my 2000 Ford excursion build! I am located 30 minutes south of Dallas, TX. Here is the victim of my future experiments!( see photo) I will be doing trips with my wife and 3 boys! Going for some HP boosts first, then some offroad upgrades.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

As @Prerunner1982 has mentioned we have a new meet-up in the DFW area starting this month.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, I'm a new member, join during the winter but hav not introduced myself.
I'm Mike, I live in Rainy River, Ontario. it's a very small town of 1000 people in northwestern Ontario.
there are not a lot of off road trails around here, but if there are any members, in and around this area, that know of any good trails or camping spots let me know, or maybe you wanna meet up.
looking forward to a fun summer of overlanding. View attachment 106121View attachment 106122View attachment 106123

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Hank Outdoors for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

hellocoloradonancy

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Nancy
Last Name
Howe
Member #

Hello Everyone,

We are glad to be new members and hope to learn a lot from the community and hopefully share the trail and beautiful outdoors with some of you in the future.
Our rig is 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, her name is RubiDog that we bought used in Feb 2018 and have been building for off-road use. She is outfitted, so far, with a winch, recovery gear, 2.5in lift with 37in tires, 1st aid kit and fire extinguisher. Just beginning to think about what we might do to the inside for overlanding.
Our location is the Denver Metro area of Colorado
We are new to overlanding but not car camping
Our dog "Blaze" joins us on most of our adventures.
We have owned 4x4s in the past but not a Jeep and have not been off-roading in mountains much. Last summer, when RubiDog was still stock, we visited Moab but stayed to the bunny slopes, so to speak. So we are just getting started off roading in this terrain and with overlanding.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 106097
Love every moment I get to explore new places.
I'm in Lilburn, Georgia just outside Atlanta.
Here's my 2012 Jeep Wrangler just taken yesterday at Beasley Knob OHV.
3.5in Metalcloak lift on 35 BFG's.
Been to Windrock TN, Adventure Offroad Park TN and Durhamtown GA.
Looking forward to using this site to meet like minded folk and find some new destinations.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Reactions: Charlie Goldberg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone,

We are glad to be new members and hope to learn a lot from the community and hopefully share the trail and beautiful outdoors with some of you in the future.
Our rig is 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, her name is RubiDog that we bought used in Feb 2018 and have been building for off-road use. She is outfitted, so far, with a winch, recovery gear, 2.5in lift with 37in tires, 1st aid kit and fire extinguisher. Just beginning to think about what we might do to the inside for overlanding.
Our location is the Denver Metro area of Colorado
We are new to overlanding but not car camping
Our dog "Blaze" joins us on most of our adventures.
We have owned 4x4s in the past but not a Jeep and have not been off-roading in mountains much. Last summer, when RubiDog was still stock, we visited Moab but stayed to the bunny slopes, so to speak. So we are just getting started off roading in this terrain and with overlanding.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all. Joined today and very excited to join this thriving community. I am from he UK but currently living in central Italy. I am very impressed by the founding principles as they completely align with my views of what overlanding should be. I am currently preparing a 1998 LR Defender 130 for permanent overland travel. In Early 2021, we will give it all up, sell everything that wont fit in a Defender and head off to Halifax, NS, with the intention of doing the Pan Am Highway over 2 years. After that...who knows where we will go but I do know that we plan to still be in a Defender! I'm looking forward to getting to know more of you all very soon. Our vehicle is called Mandy and when we bought her back in the spring, she was rather worn out after a hard life in Germany! To save her blushes, I will post some pictures of Mandy once she is looking more ladylike...I hope you understand :) Nigel & Linda.

Don't hesitate to contact your closest Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: ItchyFeetOverland

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Hi all. Joined today and very excited to join this thriving community. I am from he UK but currently living in central Italy. I am very impressed by the founding principles as they completely align with my views of what overlanding should be. I am currently preparing a 1998 LR Defender 130 for permanent overland travel. In Early 2021, we will give it all up, sell everything that wont fit in a Defender and head off to Halifax, NS, with the intention of doing the Pan Am Highway over 2 years. After that...who knows where we will go but I do know that we plan to still be in a Defender! I'm looking forward to getting to know more of you all very soon. Our vehicle is called Mandy and when we bought her back in the spring, she was rather worn out after a hard life in Germany! To save her blushes, I will post some pictures of Mandy once she is looking more ladylike...I hope you understand :) Nigel & Linda.
Welcome to our community that is currently seeing some great interaction between members and regions. I'm your closest regional director so if you have any concerns or need information please do not hesitate to contact me.
There is lots of information on the forums and FB Pages and keep a look out on the Rally Point for events and get togethers.

Look forward to seeing some pictures of your Defender build. Our hope is to do the Pan Am over 2 years hopefully starting next year subject to my mrs recovering from emergency surgery in Uzbekistan on our return trip from Mongolia last year. We are planning a year in North America and a year in South America.
I have a good friend leaving to do the same this year so if you are looking for specific information give me a shout I'm sure we will have it.

Once again great to see you here and please get involved on the forums and in the region. Its what makes our community better.

Reactions: ItchyFeetOverland