Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello my name is Michael,
I'm completely new to overlanding. I founds some videos and youtube and was immediately interested. I've grown up camping and hiking, so overlanding just seems like the next step. I just bought a 2004 toyota sequoia 4x4. Just put some new M/T tires on it, and I'm already looking at different mods I can do. My wife is has been wanting a pull behind camper, but after watching some vids she is excited about a roof top tent now. I'm in Mississippi.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,
New to overlanding... Recently bought a Colorado ZR2, looking forward to upgrading it! I live in NC but will be in AL for the next 2 months for work. Joined to meet new people and get good advice.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello
Jeff here
I'm in the SF Bay Area.
Driving a 2011 4Runner
Mostly family camping. Just looking for places less crowded without the need for reservations a year in advance.
Been a member for a couple years, and watched Michael's videos for much longer.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. Your NorCal Member Rep is @Magic Mike

G Mark

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Arlington, VA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Miller
Northern Virginia
2006 Jeep TJ
Probably a novice, but have done some off-roading and overlanding with others years ago. Getting back into it with my own rig now.

Starting a month long voyage to Maine, Hudson Bay, and back down thru Michigan with my kid and dog.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Northern Virginia
2006 Jeep TJ
Probably a novice, but have done some off-roading and overlanding with others years ago. Getting back into it with my own rig now.

Starting a month long voyage to Maine, Hudson Bay, and back down thru Michigan with my kid and dog.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Hank Outdoors for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
We are currently residing in Northwest Georgia in a little town called Blue Ridge, GA

Our current Rigis based off a 2015 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro, though we are in the planning process of the next generation of a dedicated Overland RIg instead of a dual use vehicle.

I have been Overlanding in one form or another since 1988. My first vehicle that started it all out was a Jeep Cherokee that I started to offroad and modify as well as travel around exploring new places while also following live music. For a while my militarycareer got in the way and was unable to do much traveling.

Then around 1995 I purchased a 1985 VW Vanagon Camper and traveled everywhere every chance I could in that thing. Even meeting my spouse from my travels. Eventually we handed it down to my sister as she wanted to travel and we upgraded to a VW Eurovan Camper. After some money issues we lost the camper to the bank, acutally one of our favorite setups for travel where the VW setups. The Eurovan wasnt too capable offroad but very comfortable to travel even off the beaten path. We did sign up for a membership a little bit ago.

Then around 2005 we built an insane FJ cruiser with Long Travel Suspension. Quitea capablerig ofroad and we did travel but most of our traveling was centralized to the East Coast as my commitment to the Army was my first priority. But due to being station in Hawaii for a few years and the damage that the salt air does to parts, ie springs rusting in half, etc. We decided it was time for something larger and more managable of a vehicle. Especially since I was given a service animal for some of my disabilities due to combat. which still allowed us to keep the FJ but as a secondary driver and extra explorer for harder Colorado trails. Though not really an overland vehicle we ended up being handed down a BMW X5 and drove the wheels off of it until after rebuilding the upper half of the motor we ran into oil delivery issues and where having transmission issues. We got a full sized ChevySilverado 1500 4x4 pickup which was great for Colorado that we called home at that time. We travelled all over the midwest Colorado, Oklahoma, Wyoming. Eventually I was medically retired from the Army due to my disabilities from combat in November 2013. We sold our beautiful home in Colorado, sniff miss that place just not the politics. So my wife could have help from family and be closer to them to help take care ofme.

After moving here to this small mountain town we wanted something with more interior storage and something more capable offroad. We then with the help of my brother in law who works with SET. Purchased our current vehicle. Although medical issues have prevented us from getting out as much as we would have liked we have enjoyed this platform though our current dreams of once again getting out for weeks and months at a time since I can no longer work and am fully retired have lead us to our next project. With our username might spread some light on our planned build. A jeep Gladiator in Diesel with very specific overland and capabilty mods. As well as a planned Patriot Campers PCOR Tray and Canopy. We do home one day to add a trailor to this build yet right now our budget cannot handle such a upgrade. Perhaps with some good relationships and partnerships on our planned expedition to end up Completing the Pan American HWY and with us trying to film our build, travels, etc. While also trying to introduce and help other wouded veterans into this lifestyle we might be able to add one to the stable. I will share more infformation about our Youtube Channel when the time comes closer for us to start this project. When we get there we wil offer this reasonably built rig that has any years left of use as I believe we just surpassed 50k the odometer. This was we can get a older used Subaru Forester or Outback for our around town and driving with the kids second car. SO we can truly make the Jeep our long term Overland traveling vehicle and all around weekend traveling rig when needed or Peacocking around to events and shows. Thanks I hope to meet some great people and make some good friendships here. We definitely would love to meet other like minded individuals and even couples who would liek to complete the PAH to tag along as a group for security reasons.

View attachment 106163
Welcome to OB...and thank you for your service. Look forward to your Gladiator build.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hey!

My name is Tyler
Living in the Tacoma, WA area for now
Just got myself a Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk

I’ve done a lot of overlanding over the years, but figured I’d stop being a loner and enjoy these trips I randomly take with some great people. I ran into a lot of OB members at the last NW overland rally and I had to join up. View attachment 106324View attachment 106325
Welcome from up North! Make sure to check out the local regional forums (you are in NorthWest) for events and meetups. Hope to see you on the trail! If you need anything, feel free to PM me at @Gabriel Bozeman

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hello there fellow pilgrims!
I have 2009 F150 4X4 that has gone on some adventures with me. I know it's not the most ideal rig but it's my starting point. I'm pretty new at this but have been hiking and camping my entire life. I'm just excited to discover that there are communities like Overland Bound with vast resources available. My travel buddy is my oversized dog Kaylee. Due to her giant size she does not do well with long hikes but leaving her behind is never really an option. So naturally I looked for alternative ways to explore that would allow her to join me for adventures and that led me here. And now everything has clicked into place! I currently live in Southern Maine, in the Portland area. I can't wait to explore this site some more and then make some memories!
Welcome to OB and the East Region!
If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me or @Team Harrington your local Member Rep.

When looking for events near you check the Calendar at:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar
Looking for a meetup? Check this link:
Overland Bound Meetups
Looking for the U.S. East Forum? Check this link:
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Rig: 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Overlanding Experience Background: Novice. Done a few multi-day travels around the country and lived out of my car for ~6 months. Done some light 4 wheeling.

View attachment 106342
Welcome from Whidbey Island (up north)! Make sure to check out your local region's forums (you are in NorthWest) for events and meetups (like the one in Burlington). Might want to check out the Rally Point system as well. Nice FJ! If you need anything, feel free to PM me at @Gabriel Bozeman

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Northern Virginia
2006 Jeep TJ

Welcome to OB and the East Region!
If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me or @NovaBound your local Member Rep. Also, when you head North the East region has some knowledgeable Member Reps. Message me if you need anything on your trip! Have fun!!!

When looking for events near you check the Calendar at:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar
Looking for a meetup? Check this link:
Overland Bound Meetups
Looking for the U.S. East Forum? Check this link:
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

RJ Howell

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Auburn, NH USA
First Name
RJ
Last Name
Howell
Member #

RJ Howell here from New Hampshire. Currently running a 2017 Toyota Tacoma v6 Tow Package and dragging an Rpod 182g into places it was never meant to go..

I'm hoping to learn loads from you folks and hopefully share some of my experiences along the way. I'm designing my next trailer and will build it with a little help from some friends. We want the conveniences that the Rpod provides, but require a much better built camper to withstand what I put it through.

I'll be asking a few questions (LOL) as I proceed with design. Looking forward to some good conversations and hopefully meet some of you folks!

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Rig: 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Overlanding Experience Background: Novice. Done a few multi-day travels around the country and lived out of my car for ~6 months. Done some light 4 wheeling.

View attachment 106342
Welcome to Overland Bound

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Jumping on the trail to cross America in the Dirt on the TAT ( Project TAT19 ) My service dog forrest and I hit the trail on July 13th. We are happy to become a part of this community! Chase us at Treadsandtails See y'all on the trails ...View attachment 106345
Welcome to Overland Bound, nice rig! The wife & I are planning to due the TAT in about 2years, after she retires... have fun

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
We are currently residing in Northwest Georgia in a little town called Blue Ridge, GA

Our current Rigis based off a 2015 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro, though we are in the planning process of the next generation of a dedicated Overland RIg instead of a dual use vehicle.

I have been Overlanding in one form or another since 1988. My first vehicle that started it all out was a Jeep Cherokee that I started to offroad and modify as well as travel around exploring new places while also following live music. For a while my militarycareer got in the way and was unable to do much traveling.

Then around 1995 I purchased a 1985 VW Vanagon Camper and traveled everywhere every chance I could in that thing. Even meeting my spouse from my travels. Eventually we handed it down to my sister as she wanted to travel and we upgraded to a VW Eurovan Camper. After some money issues we lost the camper to the bank, acutally one of our favorite setups for travel where the VW setups. The Eurovan wasnt too capable offroad but very comfortable to travel even off the beaten path. We did sign up for a membership a little bit ago.

Then around 2005 we built an insane FJ cruiser with Long Travel Suspension. Quitea capablerig ofroad and we did travel but most of our traveling was centralized to the East Coast as my commitment to the Army was my first priority. But due to being station in Hawaii for a few years and the damage that the salt air does to parts, ie springs rusting in half, etc. We decided it was time for something larger and more managable of a vehicle. Especially since I was given a service animal for some of my disabilities due to combat. which still allowed us to keep the FJ but as a secondary driver and extra explorer for harder Colorado trails. Though not really an overland vehicle we ended up being handed down a BMW X5 and drove the wheels off of it until after rebuilding the upper half of the motor we ran into oil delivery issues and where having transmission issues. We got a full sized ChevySilverado 1500 4x4 pickup which was great for Colorado that we called home at that time. We travelled all over the midwest Colorado, Oklahoma, Wyoming. Eventually I was medically retired from the Army due to my disabilities from combat in November 2013. We sold our beautiful home in Colorado, sniff miss that place just not the politics. So my wife could have help from family and be closer to them to help take care ofme.

After moving here to this small mountain town we wanted something with more interior storage and something more capable offroad. We then with the help of my brother in law who works with SET. Purchased our current vehicle. Although medical issues have prevented us from getting out as much as we would have liked we have enjoyed this platform though our current dreams of once again getting out for weeks and months at a time since I can no longer work and am fully retired have lead us to our next project. With our username might spread some light on our planned build. A jeep Gladiator in Diesel with very specific overland and capabilty mods. As well as a planned Patriot Campers PCOR Tray and Canopy. We do home one day to add a trailor to this build yet right now our budget cannot handle such a upgrade. Perhaps with some good relationships and partnerships on our planned expedition to end up Completing the Pan American HWY and with us trying to film our build, travels, etc. While also trying to introduce and help other wouded veterans into this lifestyle we might be able to add one to the stable. I will share more infformation about our Youtube Channel when the time comes closer for us to start this project. When we get there we wil offer this reasonably built rig that has any years left of use as I believe we just surpassed 50k the odometer. This was we can get a older used Subaru Forester or Outback for our around town and driving with the kids second car. SO we can truly make the Jeep our long term Overland traveling vehicle and all around weekend traveling rig when needed or Peacocking around to events and shows. Thanks I hope to meet some great people and make some good friendships here. We definitely would love to meet other like minded individuals and even couples who would liek to complete the PAH to tag along as a group for security reasons.

View attachment 106163
Good luck on your endeavors

OverLamb24

Rank V

Advocate III

Spencerville, Maryland, United States
First Name
Carlos
Last Name
Cordero
Member #

Just started getting into this Overland thing and found it to check many of our boxes and we can easily include the dog so it is win win. Wife and I live in central Maryland and do a good bit of Backpacking and Hiking as well as road trips. Luckily we have many of the basics thanks to the backpacking just need to feel the rest out.

Currently we use her 2011 Forester XT but looking into getting myself out of my 2006 WRX into a mid size pickup for my DD and our next adventure rig.
Our last trip with the Forester was to the National Seashore Assateague Island in April. Had a blast and looking forward to getting further into nature via the rig and not only by legs.

Attachments

Last edited:

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Just started getting into this Overland thing and found it to check many of our boxes and we can easily include the dog so it is win win. Wife and I live in central Maryland and do a good bit of Backpacking and Hiking as well as road trips. Luckily we have many of the basics thanks to the backpacking just need to feel the rest out.

Currently we use her 2011 Forester XT but looking into getting myself out of my 2006 WRX into a mid size pickup for my DD and our next adventure rig.
Our last trip with the Forester was to the National Seashore Assateague Island in April. Had a blast and looking forward to getting further into nature via the rig and not only by legs.View attachment 106347View attachment 106348View attachment 106349
Welcome!