Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Simi Valley
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Griffith
Member #

Howdy! My name is Sean. I currently work for the motion picture industry as a Grip. Enjoyed my first planned vacation after 23 years of work in 2018. I believe i need to get out ALOT MORE. I have been building up a 2013 Subaru Impreza wagon. It served me well on said vaca down in Baja for the Yetibuilt750, and survived. Though it is not a crawler, i believe it will accomplish plenty.

I look forward to increasing my skill sets of rest and relaxation, searching and exploring, and developing a stronger understanding and relationship with nature.

Hope to see y'all on the trails and future get togethers. Take care and be well.... keep the rubba side down
IG @rvrgrip

This is a second writing because i couldn't figure out how to add pictures before, sorryScreenshot_20190701-195506_Gallery~2.jpegIMG_20190616_081259_326.jpegIMG_20190523_195403_152.jpegIMG_20180628_225639_865.jpeg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy! My name is Sean. I currently work for the motion picture industry as a Grip. Enjoyed my first planned vacation after 23 years of work in 2018. I believe i need to get out ALOT MORE. I have been building up a 2013 Subaru Impreza wagon. It served me well on said vaca down in Baja for the Yetibuilt750, and survived. Though it is not a crawler, i believe it will accomplish plenty.

I look forward to increasing my skill sets of rest and relaxation, searching and exploring, and developing a stronger understanding and relationship with nature.

Hope to see y'all on the trails and future get togethers. Take care and be well.... keep the rubba side down
IG @rvrgrip

This is a second writing because i couldn't figure out how to add pictures before, sorryView attachment 106434View attachment 106435View attachment 106436View attachment 106437
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: rvrgrip

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Just started into Overlanding. Done the back packing thing and few other things. Currently working on a 1999 Chevy Surburban K2500 affectionately known as The Beast. My dogs love riding around in it.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all and hello from South of Portland Oregon! We sold our built out FJ Cruiser a couple years ago due to having kids. Now everyone is getting old enough to hold their heads up we are getting back into traveling off the beaten path. Have a 17 Tundra and 19 4Runner we are slowly working on. Most of our previous trips were around Oregon, Northern California, Idaho and Utah. Lots of forest service roads, some sand, and such.

Excited to hear from other people's perspectives as our previous time was spent on the FJ forum and well people tend to bias towards their own vehicles! Thanks.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Northern Virginia
2006 Jeep TJ
Probably a novice, but have done some off-roading and overlanding with others years ago. Getting back into it with my own rig now.

Starting a month long voyage to Maine, Hudson Bay, and back down thru Michigan with my kid and dog.
Welcome @G Mark, from Northern VA (Alexandria)!

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey gang. I'm Travis Husser from a small town in Louisiana not terribly far from New Orleans or Baton Rouge. I joined the Army a little over two years ago now reside in DuPont, Washington. I am a long way from home. I just got out of a 2013 JKU Rubicon and traded for a 2019 Power Wagon. I figured I could use the extra towing capacity. I will post pics of both. Most of my wheeling has been in the Jeep I've wheeled in East Tennesse; Sicily Island, LA; Hotsprings, AR; all over Colorado, and my road trip from San Antonio, TX to Washington. That thing took me anywhere I wanted to go and I sort of miss it. I am looking forward to building up the new adventure wagon though.View attachment 106361View attachment 106362

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone. I’m Jake Hill from Wilson, NC. My rig is a 2015 JKU called Foehammer and I have attached her photo.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,
I am located in the Temecula area of Southern California.
I just got my hands on a clean well maintained 2006 GX 470 (mileage is a bit high at 250k but from what I understand these engines are super reliable.)
My family and I try to go camping and exploring at least a few times a year, I am hoping as I build the GX up and make prep time shorter we will go out a lot more often.
View attachment 106355

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey there, new member from Alberta Canada!

Currently have a 2019 Nissan Frontier Pro4x, which i just installed a roof top tent onto.

Currently novice in my overlandig experience but love the outdoors and want this to be a way for me to explore more!View attachment 106354

Don't hesitate to contact your closest Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Just started getting into this Overland thing and found it to check many of our boxes and we can easily include the dog so it is win win. Wife and I live in central Maryland and do a good bit of Backpacking and Hiking as well as road trips. Luckily we have many of the basics thanks to the backpacking just need to feel the rest out.

Currently we use her 2011 Forester XT but looking into getting myself out of my 2006 WRX into a mid size pickup for my DD and our next adventure rig.
Our last trip with the Forester was to the National Seashore Assateague Island in April. Had a blast and looking forward to getting further into nature via the rig and not only by legs.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Hank Outdoors for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Jumping on the trail to cross America in the Dirt on the TAT ( Project TAT19 ) My service dog forrest and I hit the trail on July 13th. We are happy to become a part of this community! Chase us at Treadsandtails See y'all on the trails ...View attachment 106345

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Hank Outdoors for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

I look forward to following your adventure.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
RJ Howell here from New Hampshire. Currently running a 2017 Toyota Tacoma v6 Tow Package and dragging an Rpod 182g into places it was never meant to go..

I'm hoping to learn loads from you folks and hopefully share some of my experiences along the way. I'm designing my next trailer and will build it with a little help from some friends. We want the conveniences that the Rpod provides, but require a much better built camper to withstand what I put it through.

I'll be asking a few questions (LOL) as I proceed with design. Looking forward to some good conversations and hopefully meet some of you folks!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rig: 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Overlanding Experience Background: Novice. Done a few multi-day travels around the country and lived out of my car for ~6 months. Done some light 4 wheeling.

View attachment 106342

rvrgrip

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Simi Valley
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Griffith
Member #

Thank you. Have a safe 4th

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Hello all!

My name is Alex and I own a 2017 F150 4x4 with a 5.0. I am new to the overlanding community, but I have done some minor off-roading here and there. Have not really done much to the truck except for lighting, and i have added some additional storage accessories. Looking forward to getting out there with the rig and explore.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.

Overland Bound Meetups

There is a meet-up in your area that meets monthly, check them out on the forum if your interested great group of people. https:/www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-inland-empire-meet-up-06-16-2018.10015/

If you have any questions message me, your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Howdy, name is Sean, out of Simi Valley California. I LOVE NATURE. I work for the motion picture industry as a grip. In 22 years of working I had my first planned vacation in 2018. I now know I must get out more. I've been building a pretty neat rig out of a 2013 Subaru Impreza wagon. I hope it takes me all over the states. Looking forward to meeting y'all on the trail. Take care and be well

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.

Overland Bound Meetups

US West - OverlandBound Westside LA Meetup

If you have any questions message your Member Representative, @Barclay, or me, your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob

Reactions: rvrgrip

CTO1Mike

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler II

Yuba City, CA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lester
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC5DWF
Service Branch
Navy
Hello all! Mike here, KC5DWF. I am retired Navy now on second career. An old Boy Scout with a ton of camping experience. I am getting itchy feet now that I have been out of the service for a few years. Stats are below. Looking forward to meeting others in the Norcal area.

Overlanding: Novice
Rig: stock 2017 F250 4x4 4 door.
Home State: Arkansas
Ultimate Goal: take a Patriot Campers X1 on the White Rim Road in Utah.
Skills: Info Tech, Woodworking, Camping

wlson1970

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
jamie
Last Name
wilson
Member #

Hello all! Mike here, KC5DWF. I am retired Navy now on second career. An old Boy Scout with a ton of camping experience. I am getting itchy feet now that I have been out of the service for a few years. Stats are below. Looking forward to meeting others in the Norcal area.

Overlanding: Novice
Rig: stock 2017 F250 4x4 4 door.
Home State: Arkansas
Ultimate Goal: take a Patriot Campers X1 on the White Rim Road in Utah.
Skills: Info Tech, Woodworking, Camping
novice is a wrong title. ex boy scout and navy guy who knows how to pack light gives a little more experience.