Enthusiast I

Lachine, Montreal, QC, Canada
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Gagne
Member #

Hi all,

My name is Eric, I live in Montreal. I drive a Wrangler JKU 75th anniversary. I have owned it for less than a year, I had a 2010 Tacoma which I had organized for overlanding but I want to drive in logging roads and backcountry roads with an open top so changed for the Jeep.

I do no travel the world, I like to do exploration trips in Qc. I enjoy planning them, searching for routes to go between distant towns or places and then pack the gear, go and drive them. I have been doing this for 9 years now.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Henry (@TXOverland58 ), welcome from Oklahoma. Sounds like you have already had some adventure. Feel free to share some pictures of your rig.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

It looks like there is a monthly meeting held in/around Round Rock. Southwest US - Recurring - North Central Texas Meet & Greet

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello David (@Funrunner4x4 ), welcome from Oklahoma. If you are looking for a little get away the Ouachita National Forest in SE Oklahoma and Western Arkansas is a common place for North Texas overlanders to go. No quite CO or Moab but not bad for a couple hours drive away.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Keep an eye out for upcoming monthly meetings in the Dallas area.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Corey (@YOTA4FUN ), welcome from Oklahoma.

Keep an eye out for upcoming monthly meetings in the Dallas area.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Steve (@Steve Heywood ), welcome from Oklahoma.

Looks like there are a couple of monthly meet ups in/around Southern Arizona. We have had quite a few new members from the area as well especially since Overland Expo in Flagstaff.

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Hey all, new member her from north OC, CA. Been camping and offroading all my life (dirtbikes and, back in the day, 3-wheelers... remember those?!?!?), and 4-wheeling more recently in my FJ. I'm pretty new to overlanding though, having taken my first trip a couple months ago, the famous Mojave Road. And that was it, I'm hooked!
Anyway, enough about me, I'm glad to be here, this seems like a great resource with lots of friendly and knowledgeable people. See ya'all out there.
-BrianView attachment 102098View attachment 102099View attachment 102100View attachment 102101
Love the FJ. Wish I could gt my daughter interested in one.

Reactions: mk-Zero

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Hello overland family! Registering in from Great Falls, MT.

Currently ride is a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk.

Overland experience is limited, just driving the mountains of MT and a few treks into Glacier National Park.

Picture of my stock GCTH below at the top of Red Sleep Mountain in the National Bison Range. Hopefully upgrading my grey lady this year!
View attachment 102171
Welcome to the Rocky Mountain Region. Let me now if you need anything. Also keep an eye on the Rally Points and Rocky Mountain forums we have lots of fun going on.

TXOverland58

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Henry
Last Name
Negron
Member #

Hello Henry (@TXOverland58 ), welcome from Oklahoma. Sounds like you have already had some adventure. Feel free to share some pictures of your rig.

It looks like there is a monthly meeting held in/around Round Rock. Southwest US - Recurring - North Central Texas Meet & Greet

Thank you. I’ll head over to those other links. Let me share some photos as you suggested before doing so.

F65A63B3-208E-47FA-966F-33FB9F4A720B.jpeg3A4AB5F6-FCE5-4126-B589-AC3DF08D12CF.jpeg1644FE03-80DD-4756-AE7C-91089598F7A6.jpegD9DCB2A7-816D-4D0F-9AA8-9FB7535F1A3B.jpeg

TXOverland58

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Henry
Last Name
Negron
Member #

Great looking rig! Are you running Ham or GMRS?
Thanks. Running CB and GMRS. Need to reapply for Ham. My Tech Class (KB4CFY) expired when I was living in Singapore. It was careless of me. Especially since it was our club (Motorola Amateur Radio Club) that put the antennas on the shuttle and loaned the radios to astronaut Garriott for STS-9! Gives me a reason to go Extra. 73’s

Reactions: Prerunner1982

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Thanks. Running CB and GMRS. Need to reapply for Ham. My Tech Class (KB4CFY) expired when I was living in Singapore. It was careless of me. Especially since it was our club (Motorola Amateur Radio Club) that put the antennas on the shuttle and loaned the radios to astronaut Garriott for STS-9! Gives me a reason to go Extra. 73’s
We have a pretty good communication forum as well, perhaps we can talk you back into that ham license a little quicker. :tearsofjoy:
We have a Friday night Echolink net also, since you aren't licensed you are welcome to listen in on Broadcastify USA Grits N Gravy Echolink Conf and Allstar Node 41130 - Live Audio Feed Web Player Live Audio Feed at least until you can join us "on the air".

Last edited:

cisco_nh

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

New Hampshire, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Caiazzi
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC1LUC
Hi Everybody!

New member here (18393).

Currently Afghanistan, but I live in North Carolina

Rig:
2013 JKU on 2.5" JSpec lift and 35's.

Experience:
I have some intermediate offroading experience, but I'd like to start spending more of my leave time exploring and camping with the family.

View attachment 102293
From a fellow JKU owner and recent Overland Bound member (#18008) let me say welcome and thank you for your service!

Codebeagle

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Elsinore, Utah, United States
First Name
Zachary
Last Name
Porter
Member #

Hey there, new register from Salt Lake City, UT. Driving a 2000 Toyota 4Runner and pulling a small utility trailer. I'm a lifetime camper and Scouter with a couple years of driving trails. Working on building up the rig and trailer on a budget for overloading weekend-warrior style with the family. Having a blast learning and building as I go. Cheers!

(Note: the camping image below is on family property just off the main road in. Always travel and camp on designated trails!)

13XSPX

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Brunswick, GA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Hughes
Member #

Good morning! Thanks for the add. I own a 2013 Tacoma with lots of S&R and camping toys. I was in the Army for a long time and deployed a bunch. Conducting route reconnaissance and explosives clearing I did A LOT of vehicle rescues. I'm looking forward to learning from you all and meeting some great people. I'm in Coastal Georgia. IMG_20190608_153046274_HDR.jpgIMG_20190604_065641561_HDR.jpg

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hey there, new register from Salt Lake City, UT. Driving a 2000 Toyota 4Runner and pulling a small utility trailer. I'm a lifetime camper and Scouter with a couple years of driving trails. Working on building up the rig and trailer on a budget for overloading weekend-warrior style with the family. Having a blast learning and building as I go. Cheers!

(Note: the camping image below is on family property just off the main road in. Always travel and camp on designated trails!)

View attachment 103059View attachment 103060
View attachment 103063View attachment 103064
Welcome!

Reactions: Codebeagle

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Good morning! Thanks for the add. I own a 2013 Tacoma with lots of S&R and camping toys. I was in the Army for a long time and deployed a bunch. Conducting route reconnaissance and explosives clearing I did A LOT of vehicle rescues. I'm looking forward to learning from you all and meeting some great people. I'm in Coastal Georgia. View attachment 103135View attachment 103136
Welcome and thank you for your service!

Reactions: 13XSPX