Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Burleson, TX, USA
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Wickson
Member #

Hello everyone! New member here. Member number 18389 to be exact.

I live in the Ft. Worth side of the D/FW metroplex.

Rig:
2007 Ford F250 6.0 diesel 4x4. I leveled the front and put Nitto Terra Grappler G2s on it because I liked the look. Got a hold of some hand me down KC Hilites and mounted them to my grille guard. Otherwise, it's bone stock.

Experience:
Total newbie. Grew up camping, did bous scouts, and even went so far as a week of primitive camping with a group of friends. Loved it. But that was 25 years ago. Fast forward to now and my youngest son and I are camping again and want to get some more adventures under our belt. Our current goal is to start small and work up to BBNP next Spring Break.

Been reading a lot and researching like mad. Looking forward to getting out more.
Forgot to attach pics of my truck! Here's a recent front shot showing my light setup, and one of it at the state park campsite in all it's longbed glory.

Attachments

Reactions: Cendee

13ADVXterra

Rank 0

Contributor I

PA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Moores
Aaron here, I've always loved camping and have had my modified xterra for about a year now. the goal is to make it just as much of a mobile campsite as it is an offroad vehicle

heres a concept drawing for my plan for the back hatch of my xterra. after the spare tire is moved to the rear bumper I will turn that area into a 8" deep storage space for tools etc.

Copperstate_Wayfarer

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Arizona, USA
First Name
Rafeal
Last Name
Vera
Member #

Hello everyone! My name is Rafeal! Excited to be part of the community, learn, grow and meet some awesome friends!

I am based out of Arizona. I graduated from NAU in Flagstaff so I got to make it to the overland expo and get a little taste of the culture! I always find myself exploring a new part of the state!

My Chariot is a 2018 TRD OR Taco 6MT. I currently just have a bed bars with a RTT & Rock Sliders.

I consider myself a novice for overlanding, however I am always off the beaten path hunting or chasing trout!

Exited to get to know the team! Cheers!

Attachments

Nathansharkey

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

New Castle, DE, USA
First Name
NATHAN
Last Name
Sharkey
Member #

Hi there

I am a new member. I am a Canadian living and traveling overseas. Currently living in the country of Georgia and in the process of doing a trip through the Eastern European countries and in to Asia. I have three overland vehicles. One is a Mercedes G-Class Professional, another is a late model Range Rover L322 and the third is an old Soviet Ural motorcycle. My overland travel experience includes overland travel across Canada, from Alaska to Mexico, across Spain and then by ferry in to Morocco, all throughout the Middle East (Saudi, Kuwait, Bahrain, UAE, Oman), all across Georgia, Russia, Armenia, Azerbaijan)

I am hoping to meet up with fellow overlanders and adventurers alike anywhere and everywhere that I can.

Adventure travel is not limited to land. I am also an avid Yachtsman having learned to sail and becoming certified in New Zealand, I have also expanded on my experience and sailed the Mediterranean, Atlantic, Pacific, Baltic, Persian , Indian oceans and seas oceans traveling Seychelles to Maldives, Greek islands, Cypress Turkey, Montenegro, Croatia, Italy, France, Malta etc.

If I can ever be of help to anyone, please let me know.

PM me for WhatsApp, Skype, Viber, email and phone numbers.

Happy Travels!

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Rafeal (@Copperstate_Wayfarer ) , welcome from Oklahoma. Nice Taco you have there, glad to have you aboard.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Aaron here, I've always loved camping and have had my modified xterra for about a year now. the goal is to make it just as much of a mobile campsite as it is an offroad vehicle

heres a concept drawing for my plan for the back hatch of my xterra. after the spare tire is moved to the rear bumper I will turn that area into a 8" deep storage space for tools etc.
Welcome! Awesome Xterra. What software did you use for the drawer system?

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

anyone who would like to visit or visiting Philippines and like to experience overlanding here. just message me we will ve glad to show you around.
we also have a amature youtube chanbel where we upload our trips. just search mototesto in YouTube
Man, wish I could get my rig there! So much fun.

Copperstate_Wayfarer

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Arizona, USA
First Name
Rafeal
Last Name
Vera
Member #

Hello Rafeal (@Copperstate_Wayfarer ) , welcome from Oklahoma. Nice Taco you have there, glad to have you aboard.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
Right on! Thanks for the warm welcome @Prerunner1982! :blush: Scoping out for the next local meet up!

TXOverland58

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Henry
Last Name
Negron
Member #

Hi folks. Henry here, new member. Just recently completed my overland rig project. Ready to explore!

RIG: 2011 LR4 Land Rover HSE
EXPERIENCE: Novice

Tried a few practice runs here in Marble Falls, Hidden Valley off roading park. My first Moab run (April-2019) at Island in the Skies, Canyonlands National Park had to be cut short. Weather changed rapidly from sunny 80’s to freezing rain and 60mph wind. We noticed no new entry traffic. Spoke with another group whose lead happened to be a seasoned overland instructor from the area. He was leaving too and offered us his wind protected campsite but suggested it best if we left too. I’m a novice. We left! Live to explore another day. That day will be the July 4th week at Moab.

Reactions: Kent R and Cendee

Funrunner4x4

Rank 0

Contributor I

Dallas, TX, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
White
Hi everyone my name is David, I have a 2007 4runner v8 4x4 Limited that I'm slowly upgrading. I recently moved to North Texas (Northwest of Dallas) for a job. Even though 4 wheel drive isn't necessary here I'm planning on keeping my 4x4. Im definitely a novice at overlanding but have been to Moab before as well as some areas in Colorado. Ive had my 4runner for a little over a year and am trying to pay it off before getting into the heavy mods. Im excited to learn and would love to meet some other enthusiasts. 102827

YOTA4FUN

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Fort Worth, TX, USA
First Name
Corey
Last Name
Albright
Member #

Hey guys! Corey here.Just found this community yesterday. I'm excited by what I've seen so far. After giving up my old 4runner 15 years ago, I've caught the bug again. I've been looking for people around the DFW area to hook up with and this seems like the spot.20190126_081305.jpg

Charlie_Jeep

Rank III

Influencer II

Boston, MA, USA
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Nodus
Hello everyone,

I moved out to Boston a few years ago with my Jeep Wrangler Willy's edition and am loving exploring unmaintained roads in NH and VT. I would say I have done a bit of overlanding, but am definitely not an expert. One of my main goals with joining this forum is to learn!

I look forward to getting out on the trails with some of you soon!

Attachments