Launch Member

Member III

Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Vaughn
Last Name
Price
Member #

Hi all,my name is Gary Tran ( not very much English)
From San Jose California
Rig 2003 gx470
Overland experience : no. Want to learn
Do I need to mod to overland? Please let me know
Hi Gary, I think the biggest thing to have is the desire to go and explore. Sure all the mods are nice to have, but getting out is what I think overlanding is all about. I have 2007 FJ cruiser mostly stco. I have done small things to make it mine and unique that is about it. In time I probably will add major mods but they are not a priority for me. Welcome! I am new too.

FJTalon

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Vaughn
Last Name
Price
Member #

Hello everyone! I joined at Overland Expo West 2019. I had been thinking about it since last year's Overland Expo and after watching MANY Overland Bound and others videos I did Mbr No.18617. Looking forward to meeting you all on the trails one day. I drive a pretty much stock 2007 FJ Cruiser I call the Battlestar Talon or Talon for short, which we bought in 2017. My wife and I have only done a few runs and 3 camping trips so far. I want to just get on a dirt road and see what is out there. That is our motto: "Let's see what's out there!" I have some armor on the bottom and did the scuba mod and mostly small mods to make the Talon uniquely mine. I am getting ready to go to the FJ Summit next month (Anyone going?). Really looking forward to that!

Attachments

Buyer1995

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Elgin, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Buyer
Member #

Hello! New member here. I’ve been lurking and watching this community for a while now. I am glad to finally be a member! I currently have a 2018 Ram Power Wagon and have big plans for it in the future! I am currently outside of Austin, TX and am looking forward to getting to know other overlanders and learn from them!

IMG_3767.JPG

Eric Jakoby

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Jakoby
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7QCZ
I have been a member for over a year but have yet to post. I live in Tucson AZ and am trying to get more involved in overlanding. I am a wilderness paramedic and volunteer with search and rescue and I am familiar with the back country but usually by foot or helicopter. Looking forward to personal adventure by vehicle. I currently have a 2013 Jeep JK but I should be receiving my gladiator within the next two weeks.

Attachments

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Please do Hank nice FJ by the way!
Thanks! So far so good with the Gazelle T4 Plus. Setup and tear down were as advertised. I wish the storage bag had a bit more room but it works and the tent stakes that come with it are getting trashed, they are very heavy and not worth using IMO. We had perfect weather so I can't speak to it's rain performance but the screens kept out the millions of black flys and mosquitos!!! So far...very happy!

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello John (@CommonDefense ), welcome from Oklahoma. That is a pretty blue color Wrangler you have.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep, so if you have any questions let me know.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Eric (@Eric Jakoby), welcome from Oklahoma. Hopefully you can join us on the weekly OB echolink net (more info in my signature below).

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Shane (@ninjacop), welcome from Oklahoma.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello @Buyer1995 , welcome from Oklahoma. That's a nice platform to build on right there.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

We could always use another introduction, right? Just joined from Hillsboro, Oregon. Driving my new 2019 Tacoma TRD Off Road as a second vehicle. Getting ready to retire and explore form the seat of my pants.

Thanks,
Peter
Welcome! Make sure to check the local region (you are in NorthWest) forums for events and meet ups! See ya on the trail!

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hello! New member here. I’ve been lurking and watching this community for a while now. I am glad to finally be a member! I currently have a 2018 Ram Power Wagon and have big plans for it in the future! I am currently outside of Austin, TX and am looking forward to getting to know other overlanders and learn from them!

View attachment 102373
Welcome!! Nice Ram [emoji108]

Mototesto_Tim

Rank 0

Contributor I

Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Tuazon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
mammoth1
Good day, Tim here from. Philippines
badge #17773
Rig Nissan Patrol y61 2002
with 380,000km on the clock ,
Ford Ranger 3.2 2017 with 60,000km on the clock
not as experienced as most of the overla ders here. here to learn form the experts.

Attachments

Huezee

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Troy, New York
First Name
B
Last Name
H
Hello all,

Brian here. I'm currently located in Troy, New York.

I recently bought a (new to me) '17 GJC Trailhawk. I'm fairly new to overlanding and I am looking forward to weekends exploring the Adirondacks and Vermont with my fiancé and St. Bernard. Still trying to figure out the logistics of camping with a ~185 dog.

Attachments

Reactions: Kent R and Cendee

Vanlanding

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Lebanon, OH, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Had fun meeting the Overland Bound crew at Overland Expo West a few weeks ago. Recently joined and looking to start my explorations in the midwest where I live. I drive a 2013 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X and have added White Knuckle Rock Sliders and a trailer hitch. Also, BFG KO2's all around.

Reactions: Kent R and Cendee

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Good day, Tim here from. Philippines
badge #17773
Rig Nissan Patrol y61 2002
with 380,000km on the clock ,
Ford Ranger 3.2 2017 with 60,000km on the clock
not as experienced as most of the overla ders here. here to learn form the experts.
Welcome from one Pinoy to another! I'm here to learn as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cendee