Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

OutOfStep

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Diego, CA, USA
Member #

I have the prinsu rack. Pros: modular and light weight yet it can hold weight due to its multiple crossbars design special if you’re carrying a rooftop tent. I don’t really have cons for this rack so far. i love the way they look too. I use to run the bed rack and tent set up but i traded up for the camper shell set up and i love it

Reactions: Aussie571

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hello! This seems like a great resource to gain some knowledge, wisdom and understanding of the magic called over-landing! When Snowageddon happened in the lovely Northewest recently I found myself falling in love with overlanding. My rig is a 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad with some simple mods however more to come with time. Can anyone lead me to the regional ambassador for the Puget Sound area?

Thank you and enjoy the trail!View attachment 87491
Welcome, @Kitt, to Overland Bound. I'm glad you survived the mighty Snowmageddon! I'm sure that little bit of white was no problem for your Taco. I know my Jeep loved the winter weather. This area, the US Northwest Region, has a great number of members with all kinds of knowledge and experience in overlanding. I recommend heading over to our regional forums [link] so that you can get to know your neighbors and join in on the conversations. I am currently in the planning for our next meetup, so keep an eye on the Rally Point system [link] as well, since that is the tool we use to organize our events.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to message me @Jedi. I look forward to seeing you out there in the near future!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone! Joined yesterday and am glad to finally find an actual "community" where the emphasis is on the outdoors and exploring vice how much you spent on your ride. Glad to be a member.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members. The Austin area will be having meet-ups this year.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-trip-planning.21/

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/north-america.107/

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/overland-bound-regions.5928/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello! This seems like a great resource to gain some knowledge, wisdom and understanding of the magic called over-landing! When Snowageddon happened in the lovely Northewest recently I found myself falling in love with overlanding. My rig is a 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad with some simple mods however more to come with time. Can anyone lead me to the regional ambassador for the Puget Sound area?

Welcome to Overland Bound

jeepers29

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Georgetown, TX, USA
Member #

Good morning, My name is Joel and I drive a 2014 Jeep JKUR. The jeep has as 2.5" lift and 35" tires. We recently found a RTT to put on top. We are located in Georgetown, Tx and look forward to being a part of this awesome community. Thanks for having us.

Reactions: Kent R and Cendee

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Good morning, My name is Joel and I drive a 2014 Jeep JKUR. The jeep has as 2.5" lift and 35" tires. We recently found a RTT to put on top. We are located in Georgetown, Tx and look forward to being a part of this awesome community. Thanks for having us.
Hi Joel, Mike here. I'm also in Georgetown. Welcome.

Howdy! Am a very new beginner member who got interested in Overlanding after watching some youtube videos. I was an avid camper as a kid, but as I grew older and started a family it's just been put off. I'd like to give my kids adventures like the ones I used to have.

Rig: 2005 Jeep Wrangler X (Willys Edition)
Experience: none, but hoping to get some this spring & summer!

Last edited:

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Howdy! Am a very new beginner member who got interested in Overlanding after watching some youtube videos. I was an avid camper as a kid, but as I grew older and started a family it's just bee put off. I'd like to give my kids adventures like the ones I used to have.

Welcome to Overland Bound, glad to see you here. Make sure you check the forums for your local Overland groups and meet ups.

WoodyWK2

Rank 0

Traveler I

I’m Isaiah and I live in Auburn, CA.

I just bought a 2014 WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee, “for my wife”. I’ll post some photos later so that we can all see it before and after. I’m planning on doing either the RRO or the Rough Country lift and getting better and bigger tires along with a rocket box and some bike racks for camping.

I’m not experienced enough to do the rubicon just yet, but I have spent a fair bit of time on the trails growing up in Durango, CO.

I’m excited to get some help from all of you, and maybe help if I can.

TonyC

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rochester, NY
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Correa
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2PTJ
Service Branch
USAF, National Guard
Howdy! Am a very new beginner member who got interested in Overlanding after watching some youtube videos. I was an avid camper as a kid, but as I grew older and started a family it's just bee put off. I'd like to give my kids adventures like the ones I used to have.

Welcome to OB! Glad you can join us.

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

What part of the PNW are your in? Welcome!

Reactions: Drifterman

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

I just bought a 2014 WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee, “for my wife”. I’ll post some photos later so that we can all see it before and after. I’m planning on doing either the RRO or the Rough Country lift and getting better and bigger tires along with a rocket box and some bike racks for camping.

I’m not experienced enough to do the rubicon just yet, but I have spent a fair bit of time on the trails growing up in Durango, CO.

Welcome from Washington!

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps

Welcome to Overland Bound, glad to have here. Make sure you check the forums for your local Overland groups and meet ups.

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

My name is Justin, new to the overland community! Always had a passion for camping and automobiles so I’m pretty stoked to have found a community that combines both.

Vehicle: 2001 Tahoe
Hi Justin!
Welcome to OLB and the East Region!
If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me.

When looking for events near you check the Calendar at:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar
Looking for a meetup? Check this link:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/
Looking for the U.S. East Forum? Check this link:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/u-s-east-va-wv-md-de-nj-pa-ny-ct-ri-ma-nh-vt-me.83/

Roam Wild Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor I

Halifax, NS
Member #

Howdy! Am a very new beginner member who got interested in Overlanding after watching some youtube videos. I was an avid camper as a kid, but as I grew older and started a family it's just been put off. I'd like to give my kids adventures like the ones I used to have.

Welcome to the community, you’ve come to the right place to learn. Read through the forums for any questions you have, and if you cant find it just ask. Someone on here will have good info for you!