Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
newbie in a new to me 13 crosstrek... yeah not super serious offroad but when i had those i never used them (original earthroamer ER2K, 13 jeep "truck" conversion, lj jeeps, suzi tracker)... hoping to go light offroading around here... anyone have ideas for bumpers/winches that can be purchased (i see alot supposedly being made but by whom!) ty! gord
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-trip-planning.21/

You are in the Central Canada Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/north-america.107/

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/overland-bound-regions.5928/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone,
Glad to have found this group.
Looking to get out and explore with new people.
I live in northern Utah and am excited to start overlanding as work permits.
Looking forward to this new experience.
Thanks,

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members. There have been some meet-ups and trail runs in the SLC area that will be on the forum.

You are in the Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Rig: 2019 Tacoma TRD Off-road
Overlander XP: Novice unless you count living in the field from vehicles in the military.

We are looking for adventure and since we are in Arkansas we plan to start locally and build our mods and gear based on what we need, not what looks good bolted to trucks on YouTube or Instagram.

I look forward to meeting others near me and eventually meeting those farther away as we expand our horizons.
Welcome to Overland Bound, glad to see you here. Make sure you check the forums for your local Overland groups and meet ups.

torquenbeans

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor I

Tustin, CA, USA
Member #

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.

You are in the West Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

Thank you

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi everyone! Joined yesterday and am glad to finally find an actual "community" where the emphasis is on the outdoors and exploring vice how much you spent on your ride. Glad to be a member.

Last edited:

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Hello everyone. I am living in Houston, TX. I have 2 overlander vehicles. 2005 Nissan Pathfinder and a 1998 ZJ Jeep that I am slowly working in modifying. I would love to find some trails and friends in this area to go out on weekends with.
Welcome from Utah!

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Hi everyone,
Glad to have found this group.
Looking to get out and explore with new people.
I live in northern Utah and am excited to start overlanding as work permits.
Looking forward to this new experience.
Thanks,
I'm in Northern Utah. We have a weekend camp trip planned for March check out the rally points for Rocky Mountain.

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

View attachment 87362 View attachment 87363 Hello everyone!!!
I’m Regnell (ree-nel), a newbie to the site. Currently living in Catonsville, Maryland. I own a 2013 TT Edition... Cement Grey. Hoping to downsize to a smaller vehicle, I found this beauty on the showroom floor, never looked back after that. I’ve met some wonderful friends in the off-road community, hope to meet more here!!!
Love your vehicle.

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Hey everyone my name is Jeff and I am just now getting into overlanding. I have a family of 5. (wife, 3 kids ages 1, 5, 7 and myself) so I am still trying to figure out how to overland with such a large family. I grew up in the mountains of NC but now live in Winston Salem NC.

I bought a 2012 Jeep JKU about a year ago. It was then that I came across overlanding while watching some YouTube videos. It was Expedition Overland and Venture4WD that really inspired me to pursue an overland build on my Jeep.

So far I have added the Teraflex performance leveling kit and some BFG KO2's. My next addition will likely be a roof rack and hopefully a RTT.

I would love to explore the Daniel Boone Back Country Byway this summer and make it my first official overland trip.

I look forward to chatting with everyone and learning all there is about the art of overlanding.

Jeff
So much you can do with your Jeep. You will have a blast here. Welcome from Utah

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi everyone! Joined yesterday and am glad to finally find an actual "community" where the emphasis is on the outdoors and exploring vice how much you spent on your ride. Glad to be a member.

Does anyone know how long it takes for your member status to take effect? I can't seem to see anyone on the map.
Welcome to Overland Bound, glad to see you here. Make sure you check the forums for your local Overland groups and meet ups. Give it a few days and if you are still having issues go the start here thread. Post your issue there and there will be a person which can research and fix it!

Reactions: roots66

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Welcome to Overland Bound, glad to see you here. Make sure you check the forums for your local Overland groups and meet ups. Give it a few days and if you are still having issues go the start here thread. Post your issue there and there will be a person which can research and fix it!
Issue resolved. Thanks. Great support.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Go to “Have an emblem, upgrade account” thread.

Roam Wild Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor I

Halifax, NS
Member #

Hey everyone my name is Jeff and I am just now getting into overlanding. I have a family of 5. (wife, 3 kids ages 1, 5, 7 and myself) so I am still trying to figure out how to overland with such a large family. I grew up in the mountains of NC but now live in Winston Salem NC.

I bought a 2012 Jeep JKU about a year ago. It was then that I came across overlanding while watching some YouTube videos. It was Expedition Overland and Venture4WD that really inspired me to pursue an overland build on my Jeep.

So far I have added the Teraflex performance leveling kit and some BFG KO2's. My next addition will likely be a roof rack and hopefully a RTT.

I would love to explore the Daniel Boone Back Country Byway this summer and make it my first official overland trip.

I look forward to chatting with everyone and learning all there is about the art of overlanding.

Jeff
Welcome to the forums Jeff, and the community. Im in the same boat as you, young kids and a 12JKU. This is a pretty awesome group, theres lots of info on here, and a ton of experience. We’re planning a trip to NC for next year as my sister lives there - you have a pretty amazing back yard to play in. Ill have to pick your brain on the family friendly to dos when the time comes.

Jeffroe189

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Wallburg, NC, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Courtney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4UON
Welcome to the forums Jeff, and the community. Im in the same boat as you, young kids and a 12JKU. This is a pretty awesome group, theres lots of info on here, and a ton of experience. We’re planning a trip to NC for next year as my sister lives there - you have a pretty amazing back yard to play in. Ill have to pick your brain on the family friendly to dos when the time comes.
Absolutely! I would be more than happy to help you out while you're down. What area are you coming to?

Trudog

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sammamish, WA 98074, USA
Member #

Hello! This seems like a great resource to gain some knowledge, wisdom and understanding of the magic called over-landing! When Snowageddon happened in the lovely Northewest recently I found myself falling in love with overlanding. My rig is a 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad with some simple mods however more to come with time. Can anyone lead me to the regional ambassador for the Puget Sound area?

Thank you and enjoy the trail!IMG_1307.JPG

OutOfStep

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Diego, CA, USA
Member #

Hello! This seems like a great resource to gain some knowledge, wisdom and understanding of the magic called over-landing! When Snowageddon happened in the lovely Northewest recently I found myself falling in love with overlanding. My rig is a 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad with some simple mods however more to come with time. Can anyone lead me to the regional ambassador for the Puget Sound area?

Thank you and enjoy the trail!View attachment 87491
Cool camper shell, i have the same series from ARE

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps

Thank you and enjoy the trail!View attachment 87491
Welcome to Overland Bound, glad your here! Try contacting @Jedi he is the assistant ambassador for the NW.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

Jeff
Nice Jeep. I'd love to have one. My family is from Lenoir, so we may have stomped some similar grounds.

I've also got a family of five, so I can relate. One thing we learned was as the kids get older, i.e. bigger, you'll need more room. We found a mid-sized SUV works well, especially if there's a third row. Puts kids outside of "touching me" distance. Also, headrest mounted DVD players work wonders. Don't forget headphones for everyone. There's been as few trips when afterwards I could quote the entire Shrek movie. And snacks! Something they have to chew like jerky makes for quiet times on the trail.

Reactions: Jeffroe189